• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What happened in the past had no impact on what's going to happen next.
Yes, but the odds on May 7th are greater than 50% that we pick 6th or 7th, and less than 50% that we pick top 5.

Many assume that because we stayed at 1 and 5 in the past, we're likely to stay at 5 this time. That is simply not the case.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yes, but the odds on May 7th are greater than 50% that we pick 6th or 7th, and less than 50% that we pick top 5.

Many assume that because we stayed at 1 and 5 in the past, we're likely to stay at 5 this time. That is simply not the case.
Yep
44% we drop to 6th and 14% we drop to 7th.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Assuming Celebrini, Demidov and Levshunov are gone, I would go with Dickinson or Catton. Of the two, I think I'd favor Dickinson.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Just imagine where we could be picking if we had half as much of those pointless looser points…

I know we were never going to out tank Chicago and San Jose but 16 OTL’s is a lot.

And for the love of god, I hope the Sens do not win the lottery. A few mock drafts I’ve seen has them moving up and I almost puked. 🤮

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
« I'm going to fill their nets with pucks » vibe
As I mentioned, I’m not thrilled with his interviews.

That being said (and to your point) he has a cockiness that reminds me of Subban. You need some of that to play in Montreal.

My worry is that he’d be in the Marner vein of player - defiant, entitled, can’t tell me what to do - if that’s in him then it’s a much riskier pick.

If nothing else, I’d love to try to get a second pick this draft to take Eiserman with.

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Love the player. Not thrilled with the attitude. Seems to say things that suggest he may not be coachable.

But those goals are amazing. Still think he’d kill it here.
Having so many young guys ahead of him help keep his ego in check. If he was walking in as the savior then maybe it would be unwise, but we have a good amount of talent and leadership that will make him earn his spot.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Having so many young guys ahead of him help keep his ego in check. If he was walking in as the savior then maybe it would be unwise, but we have a good amount of talent and leadership that will make him earn his spot.
That’s how I feel.

It’s one thing to not listen to your coach but every player wants to fit in. And we’ve got a really good culture here. I think he’d be great for us and we’d be great for him.

Reactions: Habssince89

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I've just watched video of Catton and he's really impressive, seeing passes to make that few would even imagine and then making them look so darned easy!

After that, he releases the puck really quickly as well and that seems good enough to fool Junior-level Gs at will (Will it translate to the NHL with such ease)?

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Just imagine where we could be picking if we had half as much of those pointless looser points…

I know we were never going to out tank Chicago and San Jose but 16 OTL’s is a lot.

And for the love of god, I hope the Sens do not win the lottery. A few mock drafts I’ve seen has them moving up and I almost puked. 🤮

If we had half of the loser points we got, we would still be 5th last...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If we had half of the loser points we got, we would still be 5th last...
Those other clubs were uncatchably bad.

The Habs were close in almost every game and entertaining to watch. It was the most fun we’ve been in a while. So I guess, best of both worlds. Our GM made trades that lowered us in the standings for picks but you can’t say the effort wasn’t there from the team that was on the ice.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yep
44% we drop to 6th and 14% we drop to 7th.

I doubt two teams leap frog us. Just hoping we get lucky and get Celebrini. Would be good for the NHL to have the Habs as a contender for 5+ years.

If we stay at 5 or 6. The two guys I like more than others at forward are Eiserman and Iggy. Younger players in this draft and both can score and have size. Both have good weight for their height at their age. Ahead of the curve. Both have had decent pedigree beyond just this past season and have good goal scoring track resumes.

Someone like Catton needs to bulk up IMO. Sometimes that never happens so if we pick Catton, I just hope he's a P Kane type talent. Personally, I think Hughes is after a goal scorer with size/weight/skating

I don't hate Lindstrom but I get the bad size drooling vibes. Hope I'm wrong but I can't shake it. Don't have the same hope in Lindstrom as I did with B Tkachuk. Lindstrom is a monster in the CHL yes but he was a former 3rd rounder in the WHL draft, is not playing in the U18's, and my gut tells me he looks better against CHL players (16/17 year olds with many smaller 18/19 players mixed in).

If we take Lindstrom (available when we pick), and he proves me wrong. I'll eat my words very easily and be happy about it. haha

Catton is my pick.
https://www.tvasports.ca/2024/05/03...poir-qui-se-voit-deja-avec-dach-et-slafkovsky

I find that Catton might be a player that we could count on to drive the play, to dictate the game, while Iginla is more a complementary player, a player that depends on someone else to succeed.

Catton will be a great regular season draft pick like Marner.

Anybody have good context into Catton's 4 assists in 4 playoff games this year? 54 goals in 68 regular season games but none when it mattered the most.

I'm open to hearing insider context into this playoffs for the Chiefs and Catton? Educate me with the match-up game for the Chiefs/Cougars in the playoffs? How good was that Coogers team and how did Catton look with the eye test... against a good playoff team.

Between Lindstom, Catton, Eiserman, Iggy.... One or two of them is going to bust or disappoint.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Those other clubs were uncatchably bad.

The Habs were close in almost every game and entertaining to watch. It was the most fun we’ve been in a while. So I guess, best of both worlds. Our GM made trades that lowered us in the standings for picks but you can’t say the effort wasn’t there from the team that was on the ice.

It's a win/win situation this year. Sucks we lost Dach so early and he lost a year of maturity but we were not blown out like we were in the previous season. We still ended up with the 5th spot and many players (most important Slaf) showed good development.

Crossing my fingers we get Celebrini. Slaf was not a lottery win and whip dee do, we got 3rd lottery with KK. Devils have two lottery wins that was against the %

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Suzuki went from 183lbs in his draft year (Combine stat) to the ~205 lbs he is now. Happens all the time.

It doesn't happen all the time. Post more than one example to quantify it. Suzuki's development and hard work to reach where he is today with both skill and body size is not normal.

Didn't we think KK would fill into his frame? :sarcasm:

Reactions: bsl

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Sennecke is very very legit. I would not be mad if he is the pick for Habs at 5 or 6.

Catton, Iginla or Sennecke are all good options if Lindstrom or Demidov are not there.

Reactions: Andrei79

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It doesn't happen all the time. Post more than one example to quantify it. Suzuki's development and hard work to reach where he is today with both skill and body size is not normal.

KK is over 200 lbs now (he was 182 at the combine) and from what people are saying, he's not exactly the "hardworking" off-ice type.

Noah Dobson was 177 lbs at the combine, he's around 194 lbs now according to elite prospects.

Actually, it would be a shorter list to put those who didn't gain 10-15 lbs post draft, then list those who did. NHL scouts consider 23 years old to be when those kids stop growing/gaining mass.

And I'll argue that Suzuki is 5-10 lbs too heavy too.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
As I mentioned, I’m not thrilled with his interviews.

That being said (and to your point) he has a cockiness that reminds me of Subban. You need some of that to play in Montreal.

My worry is that he’d be in the Marner vein of player - defiant, entitled, can’t tell me what to do - if that’s in him then it’s a much riskier pick.

If nothing else, I’d love to try to get a second pick this draft to take Eiserman with.
Do you not see a little of the same attitude coming from Zegras?

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Is Dickinson a right d? Then yeah pretty tempting.
Dickinson is a LHD. I have watched him play many times and I am completely sold on him.

If they Habs drafted him he would have the potential to be their best defenceman over top of Reinbacher or Guhle.

Reactions: bsl

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Dickinson is a LHD. I have watched him play many times and I am completely sold on him.

If they Habs drafted him he would have the potential to be their best defenceman over top of Reinbacher or Guhle.
[/QUOT

LD but he seems like a surefire top 4 defenseman with a high chance of becoming a top 2 stud. He gives me Dobson vibes.

Oups...tried to multi-quote but I messed up. Here's what I intended to say about Dickinson:

LD but he seems like a surefire top 4 defenseman with a high chance of becoming a top 2 stud. He gives me Dobson vibes.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

Every 18 year old kid puts on a ton of weight between 18 and 21. 20lbs is not at all unreasonable, especially if you are a late bloomer. Kids that hit puberty late almost always put on a lot in that age range.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: