Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Simon Gagne - 1 yr 600k

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
And that's exactly the kind of smart in-game move a good coach makes. Griffith was doing nothing and Gagne, obviously a talented player, looked decent for a guy with some rust. Certainly worth a shot with your top line in a game like that.

Of course, since it also suits the narrative of Julien playing vets over rookies, he'll get criticized for that instead of applauded, despite the fact it was absolutely the right move. And surely, those who loved the one time Spooner actually touched the puck last night will be wondering why he didn't get a crack on RW with Krejci too.

Gagne got more scoring chances in the few shifts he got with Lucic-Krejci than Griffith-Spooner-Fraser have all year combined.

member 96824

He didn't get a NTC? That's impossible isn't it?

Oh no he did...but I believe his old one (Submit 6 teams you don't want to be traded to) is still in effect until the next extension. Could be wrong.

Not that I imagine they'll trade Krejci...it would take a serious push from Spooner I would have to think, along with Soderberg demanding 5+. I don't see Spooner making a large push until he's on another roster just given the situation here.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
He looked real good, and as Clode said he's only going to get better. How silly of you guys to write off/diminish a special talent who is a full 3 years younger than Iggy.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He looked real good, and as Clode said he's only going to get better. How silly of you guys to write off/diminish a special talent who is a full 3 years younger than Iggy.

I dont think its really aimed at him, its more at Chia. There is still lots of scorn for the Seguin move which can cloud judgment on value moves like these.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Define "special".

So special that he did not play in the NHL last year?

I thought he looked good last night, but let's not go crazy yet.

uh, didn't he have a tumor in his neck? there's no doubt that before his injury troubles he was one of the more talented wingers in the world.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

He was a very good player at his peak, not elite, automatic to pop 20 minimum, had a few 30 and 40 goal years

Let`s see how he looks when the adrenalin of playing for the first time in a long time wears off before making any big predictions

My hope is he fits in nicely, icing on the cake would be if the B`s somehow squeeze 20 goals, maybe 40pts out of him, still like to see the B`s make a solid move later in the season which would enable them to really put him in spots where he`s not being forced into 1st line minutes

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Haven`t actually minded Griff`s games thus far, heady player

I haven't either. He's gonna be a player.

Thing is, I don't think that top line is the right place for him either. Him or Gagne or Paille or Spooner or Fraser or whomever else is being suggested other than Reilly Smith. And Smith may not work there either.

It's a matter of putting a player in a position to succeed. Griffith's likely lies on the bottom couple of lines for now. Gagne with Bergeron to see how it goes. I think we're setting the team up for failure if we staple lines 2 and 3 together the way they are now.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
When they asked Eddie O on the telecast about him he flat out called him a "stop gap" and not the long term answer.

Not that he knows much, but let's not expect to much out of him.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
uh, didn't he have a tumor in his neck? there's no doubt that before his injury troubles he was one of the more talented wingers in the world.

Report: Simon Gagne's Neck Surgery May Cure His Chronic Pain For Good

'While his teammates were still celebrating winning the Stanley Cup a week before, Kings forward Simon Gagne went under the knife on June 18th for a procedure to remove a "tennis ball" sized lump in his neck. The procedure could be the answer to all the pain experienced by #12 over the last few seasons.'

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2012/7/18/3166949/simon-gagnes-surgery

it was awhile ago but he took his time to recover. cant say I blame him either.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Report: Simon Gagne's Neck Surgery May Cure His Chronic Pain For Good

'While his teammates were still celebrating winning the Stanley Cup a week before, Kings forward Simon Gagne went under the knife on June 18th for a procedure to remove a "tennis ball" sized lump in his neck. The procedure could be the answer to all the pain experienced by #12 over the last few seasons.'

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2012/7/18/3166949/simon-gagnes-surgery

it was awhile ago but he took his time to recover. cant say I blame him either.

Hockey player or not health is such an important part of our daily lives and I only pray that Gagne will move forward pain free from his neck issue.

I truly believe that if Gagne can remain healthy, he will give us something to cheer about.
I am feeling much more optimistic now if he is healthier which means that he can focus on his game much better rather than fighting health concerns that will obviously affect your daily routine including hockey also.

All the best to Gagne and I truly hope he does well in Boston...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I haven't either. He's gonna be a player.

Thing is, I don't think that top line is the right place for him either. Him or Gagne or Paille or Spooner or Fraser or whomever else is being suggested other than Reilly Smith. And Smith may not work there either.

It's a matter of putting a player in a position to succeed. Griffith's likely lies on the bottom couple of lines for now. Gagne with Bergeron to see how it goes. I think we're setting the team up for failure if we staple lines 2 and 3 together the way they are now.

Agreed, could see Griffith being a guy on the 3rd line that can pop 20

Either way, made some very solid plays in some limited minutes so far

CamTheMan

Apr 7, 2008
Thx for that read on Gagne, Wally. Had no idea. I can see him being rejuvinated for sure after dealing with that.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
Too early to start voting for him for the 7th player award?

Seriously though, I was happy they brought him to camp, glad he made the team and figured at worst he's a guy on a minimum salary that sits in the press box. It's always been a low risk / high reward signing. I hope he can stay healthy and prove to be an asset for the black and gold.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Gagne looked great last night. He could be an important part of this team.

I still think we need to get a real 1st line right wing. I think Vrbata from Vancouver could be the guy.

Lucic/Krejci/Vrbata
Marchand/Bergeron/Smith
Kelly/Soderberg/Eriksson
Paille/Campbell/Gagne

That's about as strong as our forward lines have ever been.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Too early to start voting for him for the 7th player award?

Seriously though, I was happy they brought him to camp, glad he made the team and figured at worst he's a guy on a minimum salary that sits in the press box. It's always been a low risk / high reward signing. I hope he can stay healthy and prove to be an asset for the black and gold.

Who knows? maybe he has a Masterson in his future ?
That'd be cool.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Gagne looked great last night. He could be an important part of this team.

I still think we need to get a real 1st line right wing. I think Vrbata from Vancouver could be the guy.

Lucic/Krejci/Vrbata
Marchand/Bergeron/Smith
Kelly/Soderberg/Eriksson
Paille/Campbell/Gagne

That's about as strong as our forward lines have ever been.

I would love Vrbata but I don't think there is any way to get him.

Vancouver just got their first legitimate 1st line winger to play with the Sedins, they won't give that up easily.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
as someone that spent as much time *****ing about this signing as i did, i gotta say gagne looked good last night. hopefully he can bring it over the long haul.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
You people really ought to be ashamed of yourselves. First of all for suggesting that 34 is too old to be able to contribute, and second for expecting Gagne to light it up in preseason after not playing for a year. As Don Cherry would say, smarten up!

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
pretty surprised at how well he played. first game, adrenaline is high. let's see after a few weeks. hope he keeps it up. only thing I disliked was thinking he was brian rolston with that #12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad