Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Simon Gagne - 1 yr 600k

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
!

God
Almighty.......will this EVER end!?!:shakehead

Chia reminds me of the magician who's run out of tricks....

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Chris Bourque got 18 games in a 48 game schedule, and he was never good, so I say this experiment lasts until February, if he can even stay healthy that long.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Let him start the season in Providence and work his way back.

Don't think he deserves a 1 way contract but Im fine with keeping him around if he'll play in hte A to prove himself.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Guess Im alone in thinking that Gagne will be good for this team. I like his hockey IQ and he is not as slow as some posters make him out to be.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
I think Gagne will make the team and hold a spot on the third line, but I'm not thrilled about it. Yhat line of Spooner, Pastrnak, and Soderberg made me feel all tingly yesterday.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Better in every game he played, very smart and still an Nhler, but not the explosive force he once was.

I agree. He isn't totally washed up but he won't be what he once was. I think he just seems slow but the third period I saw him make some good plays and he knows how to play.

Still not sold on him but I think he has a few more years in him provided he stays healthy.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'm curious what kind of dollars they send his. Really needs to be under 1 million to make any sense

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He doesn't make mental mistakes. He knows what he is supposed to do. Is "safe".

Don't see him as a viable top 9 forward any more.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
absolutely disgusting move when so many others have earned the spot before him. he should be made to play his way up from the ahl. so far he's having things handed to him based on nepotism and the player he once was. that isn't fair to anyone and could actually create a very negative vibe in the entire Prov bruins organization. What incentive is there to work hard when your spot will only be given to some old guy who hasn't proven )*(^&)!!!!!!! but has the right 'last name'

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chris Bourque got 18 games in a 48 game schedule, and he was never good, so I say this experiment lasts until February, if he can even stay healthy that long.

Chia as an avid baseball fans subscribes to the Billy Beane principe- first third of season see what you have; second third of season see what you need to get; final third of season hope it comes together

Loui's game in cerebral and his hands- those concussions have had to have had an effect. He seems slow to react, slow on the puck....took Bergeron and Gagne nearly two years and this is as logical a reason as any.

I am flabbergasted at how out of sorts he has looked.

But the regular season starts Wed, and whether you are talking Chris Bourque getting a third of the season (16 games would have been that), I have to think Eriksson is going to get probably that with DK and if it doesn't work to Soderberg and if it doesn't work:help::eek:

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I think this is a good move. He's a better option than Fraser. He makes way better plays in the defensive zone and neutral zone, especially moving the puck. I heard he said that his injuries are completely behind him. If that's really the case, then there is no reason why he can't be the player he once was. It's just a matter of shaking the rust off.

A third line of Gagne - Soderberg - Eriksson could be really deadly. Then we just need to find a RW for the top line, which by season's end could be Pastrnak.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
don't know what the bruins are seeing. only thing i've seen is that he skates like a slug which equals done.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Chia as an avid baseball fans subscribes to the Billy Beane principe- first third of season see what you have; second third of season see what you need to get; final third of season hope it comes together

Loui's game in cerebral and his hands- those concussions have had to have had an effect. He seems slow to react, slow on the puck....took Bergeron and Gagne nearly two years and this is as logical a reason as any.

I am flabbergasted at how out of sorts he has looked.

But the regular season starts Wed, and whether you are talking Chris Bourque getting a third of the season (16 games would have been that), I have to think Eriksson is going to get probably that with DK and if it doesn't work to Soderberg and if it doesn't work:help::eek:

I'm not worried about Loui. He'll get his 50 points and everyone will crap on him because he didn't get 70. I will admit he has looked worse this preseason than he did when he first came back from concussion. I'm sure he will work it out.

I have a feeling we will see some line juggling very early in the season. We all have to remember we play 7 games in 10 nights to open up. Including 2 back to backs. We will have plenty of movement on the lineup to keep individuals rested. The coach doesn't want to have his guys get rubber legs too early in the season.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Hockey IQ is still there and he's gradually improved as the pre-season has gone along. With more games under his belt I think he'll be a solid 3rd line contributor to this team. Either with Soderberg & Fraser or Soderberg & Eriksson depending on where Pastrnak & Fraser fit in the puzzle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad