Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Miami (OH) center Austin Czarnik

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I feel bad for some of you making negative comments about this deal. They picked up a very skilled player without giving anything up. Riendieu and Camper references? Really...it's almost like some of you are shouting "hey look at how little I know".

What's wrong with comparing him to Camper? The both went to Miami of OH, both allegedly 5'9", Camper was a Hobey Baker nominee so he wasn't a complete stiff....maybe they have different styles but again it's more a comparison of circumstances, and undrafted FA are always a crapshoot. Don't act like he's a lock to make the NHL. We'll see what happens. Always excited to see new diamonds in the rough.

I got crap from saying Riendeau looked like Pascal Pelletier. People were so pissed I dared compare the future 50 goal scorer of the Boston Bruins to a minor league plug. Well, guess what....he wasn't as good as Pascal.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
And a correct one, only problem is the Habs are getting bigger and tougher while the Bruins become smaller and softer.

Flynn, Perry, Mitchell :laugh: Therrien is already unhappy with them. :cry: Perry is probably not hanging around.

Cehlarik - Czarnik - Pastranak, maybe the Bruins will get a K line or two.

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
No risk signing. Outside shot he makes it, likely won't. No issue with the signing, but no one should have much optimism he pans out. He might, but the odds aren't in his favor. Hope he makes it though

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
lol since when were "small" players suddenly not considered good hockey players? Marty St Louis? Mats Zuccarello? Johnny Gaudreau? Hell, Nathan Gerbe???! Honestly people. this kid looks like an exciting player, and like many others have said, no risk, potential high reward

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Small guy, high intensity, likes to have the puck on his stick, hard to knock off the puck, good compete level, sounds like a Marchand without the distractions. The game is changing, Spooner and Pasta have transformed the B's, and lets not pretend it's by physical intimidation. Sounds like a guy well worth taking the (very small) risk on.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
lol since when were "small" players suddenly not considered good hockey players? Marty St Louis? Mats Zuccarello? Johnny Gaudreau? Hell, Nathan Gerbe???! Honestly people. this kid looks like an exciting player, and like many others have said, no risk, potential high reward

But we need to be big and strong, cause we are the Boston Bruins, and we don't want to be "small" and "weak" like a certain division rival.

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Only saw a couple of the kids game. Saw the Denver game in the conference postseason. Kind is a fantastic college hockey player.

Will he make an impact int he NHL? Who knows, he has a whole lot going for him. his compete level is very high as is his character and skill. Worst case scenario he becomes a strong AHL player with leadership skills and character that help develop everyone around him.

This is how big market organizations can flex their power in hockey, so we should all be very happy with this signing

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
He seems like a very exciting player with a lot of offensive skill who can also do a decent job defensively. I like this. There isn't anything not to like about it. We will see if he can make the NHL, I expect he will spend some time in Providence first.

stungun

Feb 28, 2002
Portland, ME
www.seanrileysite.com
love it bring on the skill and speed, the big and tough teams from 4 years ago are hardly making the playoffs. game is moving away fast from tough teams. landscape is shifting you must have speed and skill. something we lack unfortunately for this year. look at the kings and bruins, model teams a few years ago now struggling to make the dance.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I feel bad for some of you making negative comments about this deal. They picked up a very skilled player without giving anything up. Riendieu and Camper references? Really...it's almost like some of you are shouting "hey look at how little I know".

No one is making negative comments. Just pointing out that he's on the small side. Relax.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Another small kid. Becoming the Canadiens.

you mean the first place Canadiens:sarcasm:

Kidding, until/unless this team starts diving to the point where an Olympic team is calling asking for advice, this team will NEVER be like the Habs

I always view signings like this as a total risk free signing, if it works out and he finds his way to the big club and contributes, it`s a bonus, if he doesn`t, not a big deal

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Who cares how big he is? If the kid can play then let him play, lots of smaller players have done well Fluery, St.Louis, Gaudreau, even here now we have Krug and look how Spooner has helped this year. I would rather a 5'9" guy with lots of speed and skill and then some 6'4" slow lumbering bafoon that gets beat like a rented mule when we play teams like the habs. People keep saying they want the Bruins to add more speedy players, well they just added one.

If they can sign one more FA, please go after Matt O'Conner, I think he easily replaces Svedberg and may give us a very capable backup.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sounds like we got one hell of a player and possibly the pick of the litter sort of speak.

I do wonder if we see him at Dev camp if he doesn't report to Providence right away.

Glad to see the Bruins making a concerted effort to rebuild their depth.

Providence is going to be fun to watch in the playoffs.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
No one is making negative comments. Just pointing out that he's on the small side. Relax.

Spin it however you want. You were taking a negative slant on it because of his size. For no other reason than to be negative.

Anyone who watched the kid play at all would be pretty excited to add him to the org. It's not like we used a draft pick on him.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I have no problem with them taking a chance on a free agent from college, regardless of size. My concern is the same as it has been all year and which has lead to this team fighting for a playoff spot with a week to go in the regular season.

They are adding to many small, soft "skilled" players without adding enough players with size, grit, toughness and skill.

If he makes an impact in a couple years it will be one of the few things Chiarelli has done right this year. Few college free agents make an impact, there are exceptions, Krug being one, but they are few and far between.

If he becomes a Gallagher or Marchand who play with speed and grit I would be thrilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad