Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Lee Stempniak

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
0apVQXI.jpg

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Based on what?

Stempniak is a much better option right now IMO. He’s been practicing with the team all year, looked sharp playing for them in the preseason, knows what it takes to play in the NHL, and has playoff experience.

Even the playoff experience part. In his 13 seasons, his teams have only made the playoffs 4 times. He's played just 28 playoff games since 2006, and just 4 since 2015. Just 6 points in those 28 games. He's been out of the 1st round just once in his career (2014). He's only appeared in the playoffs twice since 2011.

I might understand it if you were getting a proven playoff performer, but that's anything but Stempniak.

Reactions: finchster

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Reactions: BMC

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I had to go back the Cave thread just to look. I had didn't have much to say regarding Cave, my take on him when he got claimed was essentially "players get claimed on waivers, &^%% happens".

BrainDust, What I dont get is why didn't he got Gemal Smith, Paul Carey as recalls if he needs depth. Surely he wouldn't pick Stempniek over those guys.

Many says the signing is harmless, he'll never play in Boston unless there's injuries. Well there's enough in Providence to cover that. Plus when Pasta returns, we have 3 extra players in Him, Nordstrom who sat out yesterday and Frederic who just got sent down, plus JFK and others who got a taste of the NHL.

So WHY even bother signing this guy?? There's just too many ahead of him and it wouldnt make sense for them to sit or stay in Prov and he get the call, would be crazy..

Reactions: BruinDust

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I don't mind this one bit...dude can still play but it could mean a youngin forward is on his way out of Boston.

Well now, this is a problem isnt it?? We sign Charlie Coyle and Cehleriak and Kuhlman are still playing as they sit Nordstrom BUT they sign Steph and one of them get demoted?? Those 2 are playing great, what a shame it would be..

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Bruins always loved to add some shit ....probably for good luck !!!
People always said it is only for deep and in case of injuries
But those garbages players always play regular after ))))
This organisation is incredible with their garbage love

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Step 1- Guys, don't worry, it is only an AHL signing! He won't be playing with Boston
Step 2- 4 AHL games later signs with Boston
Step 3- Guys, don't worry, it's a depth signing! He won't play with Boston!
Does anyone know what step four is?
He's good in the locker room and away from the puck.

Reactions: Dr Hook

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
So you’d rather give up a draft pick to get a player who is the caliber of Stempniak (your words) than sign him for nothing. Ok, got it.

I think people are reading into this for a lot more than it is ... Which is strictly a depth move. The whole point of this is not to utilize Stempniak, but for him to be available in case we have to.
God I hope we don't have to.

And in all goddamn honesty, rather have a green prospect get his feet wet than throw Stempniak in. This is a Gionta move, not gonna make or break the team... in which I hope it doesn't deprive a younger player a chance to play.

Again, better than not wasting an asset on anything, but rather he doesn't play AT ALL on the NHL roster.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Easy. A 6th or 7th rounder. Which is what it would cost for a winger the caliber of Stempniak.
You statement makes no sense, you would give up a 6th or 7th for a player like Stempniak, yet you are mad about the Bruins signing him for free.:huh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You statement makes no sense, you would give up a 6th or 7th for a player like Stempniak, yet you are mad about the Bruins signing him for free.:huh:

Well I don't want either and I'm totally fine with the Bruins depth as is.

But if given the choice between a free-but-hasn't-played -in -almost -a -year Stempniak and giving up an asset the caliber of a 6th or 7th rounder for a player whose actually been playing games the past 5 months, I'll give up the pick.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
He's healthy and scoring 1.0 PPG in Providence. Zach Senyshyn is below 0.5PPG.

Stempniak scored 40 points just 2 seasons ago, before INJURIES tanked his production last season. It wasn't that he just got old or started sucking.

I'm very confident that Stempniak is better offensively than Acciari and Nordstrom, and likely Kuraly, Wagner and Backes as well.

Could be a good addition for the third line.

If Stempniak is close to the player he was 2 seasons ago...this is just like adding Rick Nash, but without giving up picks and prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boston Bandit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad