Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Lee Stempniak

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
The one way/ two way is just salary, though, right? One way he gets paid the same wherever he plays, two way he gets paid one rate in Prov, a much higher one in the NHL? Is there more to it than that?
Correct!

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This is rich because when they lost a good young player who had been playing all year (Cave) all you wanted to do was hate on him.

Cant even be happy when they literally get a player for free to play in the minors.

Hate on who? Cave. or Sweeney?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I rather get vanek for a 4th round pick then this lee signing.

I dont doubt it.

But he will cost you asset. Lucky if its a fourth.
Costa 4 times more $ than Stempniak for rest of season.
I assume you wouldnt be putting him through waivers like Stempniak.
So who do you get rid of from the roster today to make room for him?

Devil is in the details.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So you’d rather give up a draft pick to get a player who is the caliber of Stempniak (your words) than sign him for nothing. Ok, got it.

I think people are reading into this for a lot more than it is ... Which is strictly a depth move. The whole point of this is not to utilize Stempniak, but for him to be available in case we have to.

Yes, don't you get it, this guy has essentially been sitting for months. He has zero, zero, F*^&* zero chance of been able to keep up to speed in the NHL when the rest of the league has been playing all this time.

I'll take pretty much every single forward in Providence over him. Kuhlman, Frederic, JFK, Senyshyn, Smith, McNeill, Szwarz, Fitzgerald, Carey, Blidh. I'd dress every single one of them over Stempniak. At least they've been playing actually hockey, not just hanging out at practice. How much depth do you need, even if it is "free"

Sadly you can be darn sure the Bruins brass don't view it the same as I do, and Stempniak is essentially ahead of all these guys now. I'll be shocked if he's not on the Bruins roster after the roster cap comes off after Monday.

Reactions: since76

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Easy. A 6th or 7th rounder. Which is what it would cost for a winger the caliber of Stempniak.
And why give up a 6th or 7th pick to get what you got for free?
You make no sense and a 6 or 7 rounder could turn out to be the next Datsyuk or Zetterberg who were drafted around the 200 pick. This was done for depth and depth only so you should take a breath and relax, Stempniak is not replacing anyone in the top six!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And why give up a 6th or 7th pick to get what you got for free?
You make no sense and a 6 or 7 rounder could turn out to be the next Datsyuk or Zetterberg who were drafted around the 200 pick. This was done for depth and depth only so you should take a breath and relax, Stempniak is not replacing anyone in the top six!

I think I've already stated this 3 or 4 times now.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I dont doubt it.

But he will cost you asset. Lucky if its a fourth.
Costa 4 times more $ than Stempniak for rest of season.
I assume you wouldnt be putting him through waivers like Stempniak.
So who do you get rid of from the roster today to make room for him?

Devil is in the details.
Wally it can't be Donny final move? Can it? I think most people here are concerned about this. I sure am.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
All this angst about signing Stemp is rooted in people's fears that this is Sweeney's final move- that he will come out after the deadline and say they are happy getting Coyle and picking up veteran depth in Stemp for the playoff run. If we had added Stone or someone big, and then added Stemp like this it would hardly have generated a "meh."

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
All this angst about signing Stemp is rooted in people's fears that this is Sweeney's final move- that he will come out after the deadline and say they are happy getting Coyle and picking up veteran depth in Stemp for the playoff run. If we had added Stone or someone big, and then added Stemp like this it would hardly have generated a "meh."

Bingo.

Most of us are waiting for the other shoe to fall. Once Stone is moved Sweeney has time to FILL THE HOLE.

If he does not, Torches and Pitchforks are ready. Tar is warming up and I Amazon Prime'd the feathers.

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Given that we've already got guys in Providence with NHL experience like Paul Carey and Gemel Smith it's hard to see why we would ever need Stempniak.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

My one and only fear regarding Stempniak is him actually being in the line-up of the Boston Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad