Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Hayes ([email protected]) and Connolly ([email protected])

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I do like that Sweeney has been able to get a great return for Lucic, and move out Savard's contract, but make no mistake, this is not a better roster as of right now, but hopefully in two years they are mid pack and can make a run in year 3 (best case scenario).

On paper, sure. But if this team can perform anywhere near their potential (especially with maybe a decent D signing), they very well might outperform last year's team (which still should've made the playoffs. Add to this the shootouts not being as big a factor and they could get to the playoffs (almost typed "with ease", but I won't go that far), and in the playoffs you can almost always do some damage if you catch a good streak and top your form. They have a lower potential than last year's team, but I'd say the average performance from this team (on paper, speculative) would be higher than what last year's performed.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Jimmy.jpg

Some quotes I ran across:

“Jimmy has an unbelievable attitude, Jimmy is fierce competitor, Jimmy wants to score, Jimmy wants to be good. Jimmy is like a sponge and as a coach, he takes in everything you say and is a quick learner.â€

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
That 5.5M doesn't include our back-up and reserve F+D.

Add:

G-Smith 0.6M
F-Joonas 0.7M
D-Miller/Morrow 0.6-0.8M

That is about 2M less in Cap space so ~3.5M for this lineup:

Loui-Krejci-Connolly
March-Bergy-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak
Talbot-Joonas-Kelly
Rinaldo

Chara-Trotman
Krug-McQuaid
Miller-Seids
Miller/Morrow

Rask-Smith

An easy 2.3M can be freed by trading Kelly and replacing him with any 0.7M 4th liner and next year, we get that 2.75M Lucic money and the 0.969M we are paying this year for bonuses overage so almost 3.75M. Add the Cap increase and Sweeney will be in position to get a top player via trade or signing.

Thanks for writing out that lineup.

While it doesn't look "lethal", it's pretty nicely balanced.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Good deals. I like that Connolly is only 1 year and they are putting the ball in his court to step up and prove it.

The Hayes cap savings makes the Smith deal better.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
If the head mastermind put him with Pasta and Spooner as soon as Krejci went down , he would have easily surpassed that 19 of Jimmy "topline" Hayes.

And if Hayes got to play with that calibre of players?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So 3.476 in cap space left with this line-up including Lucic's contract and the 969k bonus overage:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Eriksson - Krejci - Hayes
Belesky - Spooner - Connolly
Rinaldo - Kelly - Talbot

Extra: Kemppainen

Chara - McQuaid
Seidenberg - K.Miller
Krug - Trotman

Extra: Morrow

Swap out Morrow for C.Miller adds back another 243k in cap space.

Rask
Smith

plemur

Meh.
Feb 24, 2007
Nieuw Hamster
twitter.com
Solid numbers on these deals. I thought Connolly would've been a higher number with another year or two, but I like the low hit with him playing for his next right away--I would expect to see some decent numbers from him this year. Hayes is a smidge over my hopes, but a hundred thousand here, a hundred thousand there, pretty soon we'd be talking about real money...

Sweeney seems to be plugging away nicely.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I cannot complain one bit with the money signings.
I had Hayes around the 2M mark for perhaps two years and I had Connolly around 1.4 and also for two years.
Let's hope for the best for both payers in their hockey contribution for next season.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Was hoping they'd wait to see how Hayes would perform before signing him, but one could live with the price. Connolly's deal is also reasonable.

Considering the importance of his role on the team this coming season, Spooner's contract is awesome.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
So 3.476 in cap space left with this line-up including Lucic's contract and the 969k bonus overage:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Eriksson - Krejci - Hayes
Belesky - Spooner - Connolly
Rinaldo - Kelly - Talbot

Extra: Kemppainen

Chara - McQuaid
Seidenberg - K.Miller
Krug - Trotman

Extra: Morrow

Swap out Morrow for C.Miller adds back another 243k in cap space.

Rask
Smith

I keep seeing people say 3.4m left, its actually 5.5m with 12F 6D 1G (4.9m if you include Jeremy Smith). http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/boston-bruins

What site are you referencing?

anyways my lines would be:

Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes
Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak
Rinaldo - Kelly - Talbot

Chara - Miller/Trotman
Morrow - Seidenberg
Krug - McQuaid

Rask
Smith

reillysmith38

Dec 22, 2013
I keep seeing people say 3.4m left, its actually 5.5m with 12F 6D 1G (4.9m if you include Jeremy Smith). http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/boston-bruins

What site are you referencing?

anyways my lines would be:

Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes
Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak
Rinaldo - Kelly - Talbot

Chara - Miller/Trotman
Morrow - Seidenberg
Krug - McQuaid

Rask
Smith
Get that roster to 20 though, 2 extras. And you're left with around 3.4 million. Given that the extras cost around 750k.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad