Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Hayes ([email protected]) and Connolly ([email protected])

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
They probably want to see what Conn can do before they do another year. Which is fair.

Great deals though. Let's see how they produce.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sweeney showing again that he can sign, that's going to be a huge help for us in the future.

That's a really good price for Connolly if he explodes next year.

Connolly+Hayes for Smith's cap hit is not bad at all.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Sweeney showing again that he can sign, that's going to be a huge help for us in the future.

That's a really good price for Connolly if he explodes next year.

Connolly+Hayes for Smith's cap hit is not bad at all.

Great way to look at it. I like this deal even better!

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010
Seem like pretty good deals. N ow we know how much money they have to spend on D. Outside of the Dougie deal (and it seems they think that required urgency after team Hamilton decided that the Bruins was not the best place for his development, so I can kind of understand it), the DomNeely hybrid has done a good job at righting the ship. Hope they continue to look long term and people will be happy to see the development, not just look at the immediate results next season.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Nice deals, like what I am seeing from Sweeney on this aspect of the job.

BruinsGM

Jul 17, 2007
Boston/Ann Arbor
The price is right for both signings. The Connolly deal is great for both sides. He needs to prove his worth. And with Kelly off the books next year, we could afford to give Connolly $3M if he performs well this year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What did Spooner sign for - I must have missed it.

2x .950M, in a cap world these signings are huge.

Also the Hayes deal is 3y deal and Sweeney is probably looking at Senyshyn being ready at that time, he can replace Hayes if needed.

Connolly won't explode from 1M to 5-6M in a year, great price to pay him for his show us what you got year.

We are going to have ton of cheap contracts on the team soon.

Great way to look at it. I like this deal even better!

The whole picture makes this look good.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Go Sweeney, he is actually doing a great job. The Hamilton move might have been a little greenhorn but under te circumstances he had few options. I think we got ourselves a team a' bruin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->