Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Goalie - Linus Ullmark 4yrs @ 5 mil AAV

Don Keedic

Apr 16, 2021
Saw a comment on the main board how Ullmark "will be talked about as one of the best goalies in the world" this time next year. Let's hope it comes to fruition and makes this contract a little easier to swallow.

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Very surprising as it's a pretty big commitment. Not sure how to feel about it. Kind of hard to see Rask returning now.

How I feel about it is that I love Tuuka, always did, always will, but he is having major surgery at an age and in a playing position where that injury is serious stuff. Jan/Feb return at best. Career ended at worst and it wouldn't shock me if it were. We needed a tested NHL goalie (and one who I happen to think is pretty good) for at least half the season if not longer. I am not in favor of throwing Swayman, who I really like as a prospect, to the wolves. Let him do his time, learn the pro game, adapt to a heavier workload and get all the best chances to become the #1 we think he will. In the meantime, Linus works. He is not Tuuka, but he's good.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Like the player, and I think you can reasonably expect him to be better here than in Buffalo, but the contract is a bit concerning for a player who's never been a full-time starter.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Between this and the Foligno signing, not a lot of money left?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad