Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Chris Wagner

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Wagner is the guy I'm actually really excited to see what happens. Like the physical game he's going to bring to this team and I think WSH showed during their run how important it is to have a physical element to the game. I have to imagine there is more potential to Wagner's game than the 16pt player he showed this season. Its actually amazing to see his possession numbers be so bad, but his oiSV% to be so high.

Reactions: sarge88

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
I would still rather have Wagner in Anaheim than the guys they just plugged in.

Two things over looked here by Bruins fans.

Wagner was far away the minutes leader for all forwards in Anaheim on the PK he had some short handed goals. He exclusively only had D zone starts at even strength and he was good on face-offs. Carlyle employs a sit back and trap, non-attack forecheck which is horrific to watch, lots of bend dont break defense when the 4th line plays.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Wagner was far away the minutes leader for all forwards in Anaheim on the PK he had some short handed goals. He exclusively only had D zone starts at even strength and he was good on face-offs. Carlyle employs a sit back and trap, non-attack forecheck which is horrific to watch, lots of bend dont break defense when the 4th line plays.

Appreciate the insight. It's nice having someone who's actually seen the player comment, instead of having to read that he wasn't a good pickup, knowing very well the only reason the person thinks that is because they weren't impressed with his (advanced) stats.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

thx, as BruinsFan stated, great to read a report from someone who has actually seen him play and whose also NOT a Bruins fan

I know little to nothing about his game other than what I`m reading here, sounds like a very solid energy guy who is also someone coaches trust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad