The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Zadarov = 278 hits (3.6 Hits/Gm)
Lucic = 254 Hits (3.1 Hits/Gm)
Wagner = 253 Hits (3.2 Hits/Gm)
Wilson = 250 Hits (3.2 Hits/Gm)
Del Zotto = 244 Hits (3.0 Hits/Gm)

So Wagner was 3rd in the NHL for hits, 2nd for forwards, and only 1 hit behind Lucic for #2 in the league, despite only playing 79 games. Bruins have addressed the need for a physical player.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Haha. I didn't realize he was even on the radar of DS. Not only does he like to hit, but when he does hit he likes to make it count. Doesn't give two shits if it's a star or not, he can freaking knock dudes into next year. Does it clean. I know he doesn't score much, but he actually does have some decent offensive skill. I really like this signing. Will be an asset to the 4th line.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Liked him a lot last year and brings 4th line moxie. Hits everything that moves and is a very good skater. Guessing he will play 4lw or 4c with Kuraly and Noel

Hats off to the Bruins for seeing they were far too soft up front.

And most importantly, for the right price. Also a versatile player if he can play both center and wing.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Good signing. Great price. Nice depth. A guy who who hit everything and play hard and has decent skill. Can't complain!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don’t understand how people are remotely excited about this signing. Wagner is absolute trash and we just gave a guy who will be a 4th liner 1.25 million a year over two years. Big hitter but really not much else to his game at all. Could have easily had a replacement in our system for cheaper than this guy.

This is a bad signing. I feel like everyone excited about this guy actually hasn’t seen him play.

Really hope he proves me wrong but there are for sure cheaper alternatives within the system the bruins could have gone to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fire Sweeney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad