Post-Game Talk: Bruins shut out 2-0 by Colorado

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
What do folks think of Smith do far?

He reminds me of Paille with a bit more skill and less physical play. But he looks like he goes hard every shift.

I'm liking him. And the third line always seems to be the most consistent - which I'm liking so far compared to last year.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Well, both Iggy and Louie have stat lines of 0-0-0...if you do the math *punches numbers into calculator* that prorates out to a stat line of, let's see, 0-0-0 over the course of an 82 game season...wait, is that...is that right? Oh God, it's even worse than I thought...this season is over...OVER...THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

lololo

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
sorry if it was mentioned, but anyone know why lucic was more ornery than usual last night? obviously landeskog did/said something, but i didn't catch it.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Tuukka has now let in only 1 goal / game for all three games. Last night was simply a night where the Bruins couldn't put one in the net. When nights like that happen, we all look to the forwards with 0-0-0 as a stat line and overreact.

Iginla is notorious for late starts. Add in a new team and linemates and you have the perfect recipe for a poor October.

Eriksson just missed the top shelf last night. His game is about to turn.

Give me a Bruins roadtrip and I'll give you some scoring from the RW.

Soderberg now has to play his way onto this team once again. Good thing for him is that PC is trying everything to unload Caron.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Tuukka has now let in only 1 goal / game for all three games. Last night was simply a night where the Bruins couldn't put one in the net. When nights like that happen, we all look to the forwards with 0-0-0 as a stat line and overreact.

Iginla is notorious for late starts. Add in a new team and linemates and you have the perfect recipe for a poor October.

Eriksson just missed the top shelf last night. His game is about to turn.

Give me a Bruins roadtrip and I'll give you some scoring from the RW.

Soderberg now has to play his way onto this team once again. Good thing for him is that PC is trying everything to unload Caron.

If he keeps playing that way, he won't have any problem trading him for a better return than what the Leafs got for Colborne.

But if he keeps playing that way, why would PC trade him? He's been one of our most consistent forward after 3 games.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Actually almost forgot, a couple disgraceful embellishments last night from both sides. I don't care what the other team does so much, but the Bruins need to cut that garbage out of their game asap

That double axle from Krejci made me cringe hard.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt (and still do) considering I don't think I've ever seen him embellish a call but man.. I don't know.

The Eriksson call was horrendous though. Brick was right; Loui just tripped himself.. he wasn't diving.

spokedB

Aug 2, 2005
western Maine
OMG, they lost a game

to a goalie with a horseshoe in place the sun doesn't shine.

Blow up the team.

Fire Julian.

Fire Chia.

I think people need to take their lithium, leaving the coaching and managing to people who know what they're doing and enjoy the game or flip the channel and watch a reality show.:shakehead

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
That double axle from Krejci made me cringe hard.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt (and still do) considering I don't think I've ever seen him embellish a call but man.. I don't know.

The Eriksson call was horrendous though. Brick was right; Loui just tripped himself.. he wasn't diving.

The Krejci call should have been a Hook/Dive. The Eriksson call shouldn't have been a call at all.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Lucic/Landeskog Video??

Sorry to ask if it's already been posted. (Just got here & haven't been through the thread.)

Does anyone have video of the Lucic/Landeskog altercation? It appears Dafoomie doesn't post games anymore on YouTube.

Whatever his culpability in starting the tiff, I give Landeskog credit. My knees would have been shaking with Menacing Milan snarling in my face. Grabbing Landeskog's jersey, he almost rag-dolled the kid.

Any help appreciated,

GH

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Sorry to ask if it's already been posted. (Just got here & haven't been through the thread.)

Does anyone have video of the Lucic/Landeskog altercation? It appears Dafoomie doesn't post games anymore on YouTube.

Whatever his culpability in starting the tiff, I give Landeskog credit. My knees would have been shaking with Menacing Milan snarling in my face. Grabbing Landeskog's jersey, he almost rag-dolled the kid.

Any help appreciated,

GH

there's not really anything to see. There was a scrum and Landeskog ended up putting Lucic in a headlock from behind. Lucic turned around and they started shoving and Looch figured they were gonna go, but Gabe wanted none of it. Lucic got 10 minutes for a final shove after it looked like they were gonna walk away. The issue is that the refs did nothing to step in and break it up so it's not like he crossed the line after the refs had done all they could to come him down.

The refs just stood there while Looch looked for a fight and Landeskog looked terrified. Usually the extra 10 is for when a player totally disregards the refs, but from what I saw the refs weren't really trying to get him to back off.

Also this incident shows what a joke it was to give Landeskog the C in the first place. He may be mature for his age and a leader in that room...I don't think he's undeserving of the C, but rather that it's just way too much pressure to put on a kid like that. It's also kind of telling that Lucic stood there for a good minute goading him into a fight and not a single Av stepped in to stand up for him.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
there's not really anything to see. There was a scrum and Landeskog ended up putting Lucic in a headlock from behind. Lucic turned around and they started shoving and Looch figured they were gonna go, but Gabe wanted none of it. Lucic got 10 minutes for a final shove after it looked like they were gonna walk away. The issue is that the refs did nothing to step in and break it up so it's not like he crossed the line after the refs had done all they could to come him down.

The refs just stood there while Looch looked for a fight and Landeskog looked terrified. Usually the extra 10 is for when a player totally disregards the refs, but from what I saw the refs weren't really trying to get him to back off.

Also this incident shows what a joke it was to give Landeskog the C in the first place. He may be mature for his age and a leader in that room...I don't think he's undeserving of the C, but rather that it's just way too much pressure to put on a kid like that. It's also kind of telling that Lucic stood there for a good minute goading him into a fight and not a single Av stepped in to stand up for him.

I saw it, and the replays. I just want the clip! :)

Mant*

Watched the highlights on TSN and showed the altercation with Landeskog and Lucic but not what lead up to it.

Why was Lucic so heated?

After the play, Krejci went after Parenteau and those two were tied up... Lucic wanted to be the third man in and wrapped his arm around Parenteau's face. Landeskog wrapped his arm around Lucic's face to prevent him from being the third man in, and Lucic turned around and started throwing punches.

Mant*

Of course Patrick Roy was okay with it. His guy started **** and then turned coward before he finished it. Roy is very familiar with that strategy.

BS game from the refs last night. Absolutely brutal. And that misconduct call was the ***** of the bunch.

woah woah woah, back it up there. Lucic wanted to fight Landeskog for doing the exact same thing to him that he was doing to Parenteau while Parenteau was already tied up with Krejci, and it was Krejci who initiated that. Lucic was the third man in, and it wasn't even a situation that called for a fight, it was just a minor after the whistle scrum.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Honestly, that extra shove at the end probably got Lucic the 10 min misconduct. I agree with the call.

Lucic loses his temper from time to time and I like that part of his game. I hope he keeps doing stuff like that because it works for him. When he gets fired up, he is almost unstoppable.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Of course Patrick Roy was okay with it. His guy started **** and then turned coward before he finished it. Roy is very familiar with that strategy.

BS game from the refs last night. Absolutely brutal. And that misconduct call was the ***** of the bunch.

My favorite quote from him in that article:

"...I don’t believe fighting is that important in our game,†said Roy.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Lucic is whining again, does he really expect Landeskog to fight him ?
Go ahead and fight Bordeleau, then...

“[It was] just the grab from behind and the face ...just an altercation,†said Lucic, when asked started things between the two players. “I bet you if I would have pushed [Patrick] Bordeleau at the end of it, I don’t get ten minutes. So that’s what it is ...it is what it is.â€

HarvardBruin

May 10, 2013
Boston, MA
I was in a miserable mood and this game ( along with my A's losing) did not help. Watched my teams both play on the same night and so ZERO offense. Anyway...

- Thought the first unit powerplay looked REALY good. No puck luck.

- Torey Krug is really ****ing good.

- Doug Hamilton had a mediocre night in his end, but a good night on the offensive end. In my opinion, when he has a night like that he deserves a night off. We have an NHL ready player sitting in the press box. An off night gets you a suit and a seat. If I'm honest, I'd sit McQuaid.

- David Krejci is playing as well as I've ever seen.

- Lucic is not.

- Neither is Eriksson.

- Or Marchand.

- Or Bergeron.

- We have a lot of passengers up front right now. We are getting almost nothing from 4 of the 6 top 6 forwards.

- The 3rd line looks great. Chris Kelly looks totally different than a year ago.

- Tuukka was awesome.

- We got no puck luck.

- And it's game 3.

lolwut

Not that Krejci is playing bad...but have you already forgotten this past year's playoffs? Not to mention that, you know, it was the...playoffs.

nycbruins*

I like smith & Caron so far, but I don't really think soderberg needs to win the job. He's big, has hands & goes to the net. The bs could use that on the 3rd line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad