Post-Game Talk: Bruins shut out 2-0 by Colorado

bruins_19

Dec 1, 2004
doesnt eriksson's skating look not very good? Like hes a little off with his edges? He just seems a bit off too me

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Tough game. Stumped by a backup again. Tough game but life goes on. Chemistry on the top two lines is still coming, they always start a little slow. Start slow, red-hot stretch, ice-cold end. That's Bruins hockey. The best is yet to come. 2-1 isn't too bad for a start either.

Really hope Yeti is ready to go soon. That 3rd line has looked good, have a feeling he'll give a huge boost to it.

Really like the emergence of Krug and Dougie on defence. Krug had a really great game, real good saves on him. Hamilton had a really nice two-way game going, loads of great pinches and kept the puck in the zone numerous times. Couple of turnovers when he was outnumbered in the defensive zone, but he looked comfortable defensively. Not sure how we're going to fit Bart in, but we have to. I'd cycle McQuaid out first to give Bart a look.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Should've had this game. Avs held on for dear life since taking the lead. I'm sure their fans are happy, but no team will be successful when you give up that many grade A chances. Saw the same kind of stuff when I watched their game against the leafs.

I pointed out after the trade how much the statistics showed that Loui Eriksson was a softish perimeter player. Got nothing but responses how much he was a typical Bruin who "battled" in the dirty areas unlike Seguin. He's PJ Axelsson with hands IMO. Solid player. Really need Smith, Fraser, and Morrow to turn out for this not to be a negative transaction. Probably the least effective player in the top-12 so far.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I thought Krejci looked good but Looch didn't have a great game (the minutes he played).

I don't get the Eriksson hate-he looks fine-he isn't going to be Seguin.

Marchand looked awful (maybe the worst skater on the ice tonight).

Bergeron is struggling at the dot-I wonder if he isn't hurting still.

Defense looked messy the first 10 to 15 minutes but then solidified-they made some smart pinches, smart passes and cleared the puck from the front of the net. Hard to nitpick any of them but I do hope Bart gets a chance to play at some point without it being about an injury. I think he may have been more useful against this team than Mcquaid.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Played well enough to win, can't knock the effort. You can tell a team like Colorado can do no wrong when no one can score against their pretty weak D and average goaltending. Hope to see more out of Erikkson, hasn't shown much so far.

acr*

I'd like to see Bart in there for Hamilton, who looks like the overmatched 20 year old he is this year.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
doesnt eriksson's skating look not very good? Like hes a little off with his edges? He just seems a bit off too me

Dude, you must have missed that play 2 minutes into the third when he retrieved the puck on the boards and chipped it into the Avs zone. What a heady player.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Oh and the refs sucked.

I don't particularly think it would have made a difference-but Some of the calls were just bad.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Well, both Iggy and Louie have stat lines of 0-0-0...if you do the math *punches numbers into calculator* that prorates out to a stat line of, let's see, 0-0-0 over the course of an 82 game season...wait, is that...is that right? Oh God, it's even worse than I thought...this season is over...OVER...THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I'll say it agiam. Riley Smith has shown me nothing that says he should be on this team. If Soderberg is ready, throw Caron on the right, not ideal, but Smith is invisible.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
What an entertaining game. Rask is amazing and got unlucky on that O'Reilly goal. We also got lucky with Giggy standing on his head.

Always liked the Bruins, good luck the rest of the season.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Well, both Iggy and Louie have stat lines of 0-0-0...if you do the math *punches numbers into calculator* that prorates out to a stat line of, let's see, 0-0-0 over the course of an 82 game season...wait, is that...is that right? Oh God, it's even worse than I thought...this season is over...OVER...THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Bring back Seguin and Horton! They know how to score on a consistent basis.

Seguin had a red-hot start last season! You don't see that from either of them! I say we trade Iggy and Loui for Yandle.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

its waaaaaaay early, but as of now not impressed at all with Loui. At this point he looks like a slower, less skilled version of Seguin. Lots of time left.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'll say it agiam. Riley Smith has shown me nothing that says he should be on this team. If Soderberg is ready, throw Caron on the right, not ideal, but Smith is invisible.

Smith wins some one-on-ones and uses the boards well. But was it you who described him as being a fourth-line guy? That's kinda what he seems like to me too so far.

I agree, man. I'd give Caron a chance to continue with his strong play (he had the team's best scoring chance tonight and has looked solid every game so far) with Soderberg and Kelly.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
That 4 on 3 was disappointing, didn't like the strategy - should have planted Z up front.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Bring back Seguin and Horton! They know how to score on a consistent basis.

Seguin had a red-hot start last season! You don't see that from either of them! I say we trade Iggy and Loui for Yandle.

Yandle! Yandle! Yandle! Yandle! Yandle! Yandle!

Everybody get on board the Yandle bandwagon! Wooooo hoooooo!!! Make it happen, Chia!!!

Down with Iggy! Down with Loui! UP WITH YANDLE!!!

Yandle! Yandle! Yandle!

bruins_19

Dec 1, 2004
its waaaaaaay early, but as of now not impressed at all with Loui. At this point he looks like a slower, less skilled version of Seguin. Lots of time left.

I agree I just thought he was a better skater everytime Ive seen him play. I dont know he just seems off hopefully he gets it sorted out

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Bergeron looks slooowww.

I disliked Seguin as much as anyone else, but trading him sure does look like a premature move at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->