Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Sens. Mar. 19. Throwing Cheeseburgers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
My stomach is in knots thinking about it

The game is HUGE. A loss will be a BIG blow, a win will add a lot to the playoff race and make things really interesting.

I just hate that we play so poorly against the Bruins, or that we have issues scoring against them. And I am a bit happy I have to work so I don't need to have a heart attack watching.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
@AmalieBenjamin: Claude Julien asked about Tuukka Rask's availability after today: "I'm not going to comment on that. I don't know."

Ragged

Sep 10, 2009
burger.jpg

This seems like the right place for this. Kudos to SenatorArmy for the inspiration.
Let's do this!!

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
<buzzkill>
I won't be at all surprised when the CTC reminds us some time during the day that nothing should be thrown on the ice, and those that violate this policy will be removed from the arena.

I have a really bad feeling that this game will be the one where the wheels fall off.
</buzzkill>

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
More burgers being thrown = more burgers being bought (assuming they are not outside burgers), more burgers being bought = more money being made by the concessions and the building (Eugene). It's basically the best marketing plan ever. Octopi and rats never made a $ for DET or FL....burgers are profitable, and potentially messy, but harmless.

If Eugene was smart he'd tell Aramark to ensure they up their inventory of burgers to make sure they are in stock right until the kitchens close. Sens lose, people eat burgers, sens win, people throw burgers. It's $9 per regardless.

EDIT: Want to make a few bucks ? Go buy several dozen plain hamburgers, no toppings from McD and sell them for $3 per outside the gates. "Official Hambuglar tossing burgers"

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
More burgers being thrown = more burgers being bought (assuming they are not outside burgers), more burgers being bought = more money being made by the concessions and the building (Eugene). It's basically the best marketing plan ever. Octopi and rats never made a $ for DET or FL....burgers are profitable, and potentially messy, but harmless.

If Eugene was smart he'd tell Aramark to ensure they up their inventory of burgers to make sure they are in stock right until the kitchens close. Sens lose, people eat burgers, sens win, people throw burgers. It's $9 per regardless.

EDIT: Want to make a few bucks ? Go buy several dozen plain hamburgers, no toppings from McD and sell them for $3 per outside the gates. "Official Hambuglar tossing burgers"

The real Hamburglars are the ones selling them for $9.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
<buzzkill>
I won't be at all surprised when the CTC reminds us some time during the day that nothing should be thrown on the ice, and those that violate this policy will be removed from the arena.

I have a really bad feeling that this game will be the one where the wheels fall off.
</buzzkill>

That's what happened when you have no confidence and you're afraid of defeat. :help:

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=758480

"Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, March 17, that the club has recalled goaltender Jeremy Smith from Providence on an emergency basis. Smith will join the Boston Bruins today and will be eligible for their game against the Buffalo Sabres tonight at TD Garden."

That was yesterday, I wonder if he was reassigned to Providence

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=758480

"Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, March 17, that the club has recalled goaltender Jeremy Smith from Providence on an emergency basis. Smith will join the Boston Bruins today and will be eligible for their game against the Buffalo Sabres tonight at TD Garden."

That was yesterday, I wonder if he was reassigned to Providence
No, not as of yet.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Man, remember our last game against the Bruins when we all felt as though the playoff race was over?

Now we get a chance to correct our mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad