Post-Game Talk: Bruins Scratch the Panthers 4-1

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I agree. PP or no PP, Lucic was going to get his 190 pounds of flesh.

What WOULD NOT have happened is the 10 minutes Lucic got for yelling at the ref. The refs make the right call, it's only a 2 minute PP for the Panthers and Lucic comes out of the box at the start of the third. Instead he has to sit the extra 10 because he was blowing a gasket over the non call.

Exactly, and in a 3-1 game in Florida, do you think anyone is making a big deal about Lucic's 2 minute penalty for working Weaver over for being a db? Nope. This one is all on Chris Lee. Let's move on folks. Nice Florida swing by the Bruins.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Actually they blow the whistle when the penalized team touches the puck. Krejci was in possession after the hit. Damned if he does what? Takes 14 more penalty minutes that the guy who hit him? I love the passion and the fire but you need to keep your cool.

If he didn't keep his cool, that guy would have been following a flashlight in an ER about now. There's no defending your position. Aside the offsides call that gave Colorado a breakaway and a goal. It's the biggest blown call I've seen all season.

You're telling me it's ok for Paille to come up from behind and plow Sidney Crosby's weak chin into the glass? Ok.

If Lucic of all people doesn't respond to something like that? Guess what? You may as well put Krejci and Seguin on the endangered species list.

Do I have to enumerate how many key players we lost to concussions? Did you watch the Stanley Cup finals in 2011? Why isn't Bergeron quite as physical as he was when he was developing? What key event happened before our PP starting sucking 3 years ago?

Wow.

ryedog*

No, you haven't. You're making a big deal about it now. You're calling it extraneous stuff and b.s.

Start with this. HE GOT FRICKIN BOARDED.

and when you go use nonsense like overlook the b.s. and extraneous stuff

Repeat the capitalized sentence.

He did exactly the right thing. The loser in this situation is Chris Lee (whose b.s. the NHL continually does overlook).

Yep, it's Chris Lee who deserves a misconduct, he's never had to be accountable for nothing it seems.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
On our 4 game road trip we've drawn a grand total of 4 *** penalties. Clode needs to send some tape to the league office. 1/2 in Buffalo, 1/1 in Winnipeg, none at TB AND 1/1 in Florida today. That's literally imposssible to do with the way the game is referreed today. It's blatantly clear they reward the teams that embellish.

ryedog*

On our 4 game road trip we've drawn a grand total of 4 *** penalties. Clode needs to send some tape to the league office. 1/2 in Buffalo, 1/1 in Winnipeg, none at TB AND 1/1 in Florida today. That's literally imposssible to do with the way the game is referreed today. It's blatantly clear they reward the teams that embellish.

Then meanwhile Pittsburgh is handed out 5 on 3's like they're candy. On a dive tonight no less.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i was disappointed in lucic too. mainly cuz looch didn't pound weaver until his face looked like lindy ruff's.

cheapshot from behind. bruins 10-2-2. game 15 of the season. 2 goal lead. florida panthers. best PK unit in league. ahhh, yup.

Mancini0518

Jan 26, 2008
MA
If he didn't keep his cool, that guy would have been following a flashlight in an ER about now. There's no defending your position. Aside the offsides call that gave Colorado a breakaway and a goal. It's the biggest blown call I've seen all season.

You're telling me it's ok for Paille to come up from behind and plow Sidney Crosby's weak chin into the glass? Ok.

If Lucic of all people doesn't respond to something like that? Guess what? You may as well put Krejci and Seguin on the endangered species list.

Do I have to enumerate how many key players we lost to concussions? Did you watch the Stanley Cup finals in 2011? Why isn't Bergeron quite as physical as he was when he was developing? What key event happened before our PP starting sucking 3 years ago?

Wow.

Im sorry at what point did i defend the hit? At what point did i say that it wasn't boarding and at what point did i condone a hit like that?

What i did say is that Lucic removed himself from the game for 25% of the time with what he did.

ryedog*

i was disappointed in lucic too. mainly cuz looch didn't pound weaver until his face looked like lindy ruff's.

cheapshot from behind. bruins 10-2-2. game 15 of the season. 2 goal lead. florida panthers. best PK unit in league. ahhh, yup.

Yeah it's pretty much a no brainer hey.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
They blow whistles when they call penalties.

Poor Lucic. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Bruins fans continue to amaze me. :shakehead

Was it a stupid penalty by Looch? Yes it was.
I hate it when he takes stupid penalties ...

But this time he had every friggin right to do so and I am happy he reacted like that. Maybe it's easy to say now because our PK was excellent.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Im sorry at what point did i defend the hit? At what point did i say that it wasn't boarding and at what point did i condone a hit like that?

What i did say is that Lucic removed himself from the game for 25% of the time with what he did.

Which everyone is trying to tell you, 10 of those 14 minutes likely don't happen if the ref isn't a complete buffoon. If he just got boarded, pounded on Weaver and they were SH for 2 minutes, Lucic doesn't get the misconduct. Chris Lee compounded his incompetence by being thin skinned, which is typical of terrible refs.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

Good evidence of that was Bergeron falling b/c he stepped on the ****ing puck, and drew a penalty. :laugh:

I'd send that in w/ the following narrative: Bergeron skates through, and remains vertical through every infraction in the book, and seldom if ever, draws a penalty. But he steps on the puck, falls, and the kid is finally rewarded on something that should never have been a call.

They absolutely reward diving and embellishing. Which still doesn't explain the non-call on Lucic.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

You're right, he did, and perhaps with a different outcome other than a 4-1 win, people might be singing a different tune. We'll never know if that's true or not. Although he didn't know it at the time, this was the kind of game where we could afford to "send a message."

Some of these guys just play more intensely when they're amped. I think we've seen time and again that Lucic is one of those guys.

I'm not one to think that the Bruins need a thug, or that the staged fights bring anything to the game, but a display of emotion or anger is something that I think most people feel this team needed. It helps to fuel the competitive drive in some. If we wanted to see controlled emotions, we'd watch this current version of the Boston Red Sox (sorry, Sox fans).

Most of us wanted to see some snarl, because it signals a little intensity, a little "I give a ****" about what's going on out on the ice. The Bruins didn't suffer from the loss of Lucic for 14 minutes, but honestly....it might be a short-term loss for a long term gain that Lucic is gonna stand up for himself, and hopefully it ignites the rest of the team to do the same.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
No matter what he does, Lucic gets **** for it. If he passes and scores, he's not being aggressive enough.

I don't think this....at all. He's been excellent in terms of producing offense this year and has really impressed showing a skill we've yet seen from him.

Whatever, he's going to play how he plays. But for those that want him out there responding like that instead of putting in goals, passing well, and strong board play in the offensive zone. We don't want him going after other players taking double minors. Maybe I'm talking up his play a bit but really has been excellent this year as part of the offense. I don't want to see it go away for taking stupid penalties.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

No, the refs removed him for 25 percent of the game. If they make the RIGHT call, Lucic only goes in the box for 4 minutes and gets his normal 16-18 minutes of ice time after he serves it. Instead, Chris Lee's seeing eye dog doesn't clue him in that a penalty just occurred, Lucic gets a misconduct for being pissed off and plays only 10 minutes of ice time as a result.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
You're right, he did, and perhaps with a different outcome other than a 4-1 win, people might be singing a different tune. We'll never know if that's true or not. Although he didn't know it at the time, this was the kind of game where we could afford to "send a message."

That's basically my point here. We can't afford him doing that at the end of the season or in the playoffs. I wouldn't put it past him to do so. Can cost you a game late like that, especially against a half decent team which Florida isn't.

The rest of the league already knows the message sent. It's pretty obvious and every single player knows that when he steps on the ice, he can really make you pay physically. This is common knowledge and every single team in the NHL is aware of it. We don't need to play Florida and risk dropping points to a team who means nothing to us because our star forward is out there cross checking guys after a boarding call.

The real difficult thing is as he continues to develop in the attacking zone and does so efficiently, which is currently the case, more teams will look to take him off the ice solely because he can provide that skill. Along with a temper to fly off the handle and its an easy decision like Flordia to trade Weaver for our first line 30 goal power forward. The Bruins don't need to send any more messages, the entire league is already on notice.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
We are the number one pk Lucic can stand up for himself instead off slump off the ice like a wussy, Was anyone even remotly worried we would give up a goal to the Panthers.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

You're wrong, the ref blew the call. It should have been 4 on 4, TOPS. If Lucic made the same hit? He'd of received 5 , the game, and got a phone call from Shanny.

You're one of those cats that needs someone to draw you a picture. I cant do hieroglyphics on here for ya, sorry. < + Oo = \|/ That's the best I can do.

Go back and re-read BigBadBruin8's post.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
No, the refs removed him for 25 percent of the game. If they make the RIGHT call, Lucic only goes in the box for 4 minutes and gets his normal 16-18 minutes of ice time after he serves it. Instead, Chris Lee's seeing eye dog doesn't clue him in that a penalty just occurred, Lucic gets a misconduct for being pissed off and plays only 10 minutes of ice time as a result.

Veddar, I know we've gone at this before but blaming refs in this situation is irrelevant. Human error is part of the game. the 10 minutes was for like you said, blowing his gasket. Supplemental discipline is handed down by Shanny and a missed call can happen. Instead Looch gets all worked up and tacks on an additional ten to boot. The refs don't care and that's their call. Why should he have to put himself in that situation to begin with? Clode benching him should be a message enough that, hey kid, this team depends on you. Doing something like that only hurts us.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
You're wrong, the ref blew the call. It should have been 4 on 4, TOPS. If Lucic made the same hit? He'd of received 5 , the game, and got a phone call from Shanny.

You're one of those cats that needs someone to draw you a picture. I cant do hieroglyphics on here for ya, sorry. < + Oo = \|/ That's the best I can do.

Go back and re-read BigBadBruin8's post.

Man you really need to drop the "everyone's against us card" Shanny deals with each case independently and irrelevant to the situation at hand. Lucic didn't make the same hit and don't assume something because of your aforementioned unfounded bias that refs have something against Looch or the Bruins, whichever you meant.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Veddar, I know we've gone at this before but blaming refs in this situation is irrelevant. Human error is part of the game. the 10 minutes was for like you said, blowing his gasket. Supplemental discipline is handed down by Shanny and a missed call can happen. Instead Looch gets all worked up and tacks on an additional ten to boot. The refs don't care and that's their call. Why should he have to put himself in that situation to begin with? Clode benching him should be a message enough that, hey kid, this team depends on you. Doing something like that only hurts us.

Claude didn't bench him, did he? He was right back out there and smoked Weaver while Krejci had him tied up.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Good evidence of that was Bergeron falling b/c he stepped on the ****ing puck, and drew a penalty.

We both said had Bergeron not actually fallen from stepping on the puck, no penalty would have been called-it was the fact that he fell down that made the ref lift his hand (so basically refs penalize when a player hits the ice not necessarily because they see the actual penalty).

Refs in general suck this year.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Why should he put himself in that situation? He was put there by a reckless penalty that wasn't called. Show me any power forward in that situation who would have just gotten up and skated away. What Lucic did was how a real power forward acts. They go over the top with their physicality when they're angry because that's who they are and what makes them great.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
It was a good game but I was really hoping for a line brawl when Lucic finished his penalty. Oh well.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Man you really need to drop the "everyone's against us card" Shanny deals with each case independently and irrelevant to the situation at hand. Lucic didn't make the same hit and don't assume something because of your aforementioned unfounded bias that refs have something against Looch or the Bruins, whichever you meant.

Refs have a CLEAR bias against Lucic. It's very evident they have been told to keep him on a short leash, especially after the '11 Stanley Cup season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad