Post-Game Talk: Bruins Scratch the Panthers 4-1

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Seemed to struggle getting the puck out of our end at times. Great job of finishing chances. Excellent PK again. Atrocious officiating...what else is new?

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Knocking Lucic?

I am. Coulda taken the penalty and gone on the PP there and instead gave us a four minute PK. A double minor because he lost his cool. I understand why he went after him but the best way to turn that situation around is to take the penalty or, if it weren't called, an even strength goal.

Hurt 'em where it counts, on the scoreboard

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Some darn good highlights if you catch 'em.

Seguin's Bergeron impression
UNREAL goal by Chara
The Lucic meatheadness

Boys hung in there. Nice to leave Florida with four points!

Lucic should have put his face through the glass. Nothing meatheaded about what he did, at all...there's an argument for him keeping his mouth shut to avoid the 10, but what he did on the ice was completely justified.

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
...there's an argument for him keeping his mouth shut to avoid the 10, but what he did on the ice was completely justified.

This was my take, too.

Refs blew that call big time. Send your message and move on. The 10 minute earned him some bench time after the time was up. Hope he learned from it.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Lucic should have put his face through the glass. Nothing meatheaded about what he did, at all...there's an argument for him keeping his mouth shut to avoid the 10, but what he did on the ice was completely justified.

I'm not arguing justified versus unjustified. Was a crappy situation for him to be in and considering like VeddarRants said, its his M.O. Calls get missed, its human error and it happens every which way throughout the league.

I could be wrong here though as it seems most here disagree with me. Personally I think it's way more bad*** to get up, get out there on the next shift, score a goal and completely demoralize a team than to put yourself in a shorthanded situation.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Yikes. Did you forget the :sarcasm:

I did not lol. I'm pretty outspoken about how I feel about Lucic. Taking double minors when you are a legit first line player to me rarely seems justifiable. He's too valuable right now to the B's to be in the box for that long and put us shorthanded for four full minutes.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm not arguing justified versus unjustified. Was a crappy situation for him to be in and considering like VeddarRants said, its his M.O. Calls get missed, its human error and it happens every which way throughout the league.

I could be wrong here though as it seems most here disagree with me. Personally I think it's way more bad*** to get up, get out there on the next shift, score a goal and completely demoralize a team than to put yourself in a shorthanded situation.

They're the Florida Panthers...that's demoralizing enough.

Lucic isn't a turn the other cheek kind of player, and I don't want him to be. This team has been missing its snarl for the majority of the season, and it was nice to see a little bit of fire there.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I am. Coulda taken the penalty and gone on the PP there and instead gave us a four minute PK. A double minor because he lost his cool. I understand why he went after him but the best way to turn that situation around is to take the penalty or, if it weren't called, an even strength goal.

Hurt 'em where it counts, on the scoreboard

I know you would like the Bruins to play prim and proper hockey but things happen.

Bruins can beat you and beat you up. They have done it for years. Glad to see the psycho Lucic. He has beennmissed.

Didn't he score a goal?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

You are wrong. That's Montreal canadiens hockey. Not Bruins. The team has had too long a fuse for too long this year.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Coulda taken the penalty and gone on the PP there and instead gave us a four minute PK.

Just a note-had Lucic ignored it there would have been no PP, the refs didn't call the boarding at all. No penalty assessed other than those Looch took.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
You are wrong. That's Montreal canadiens hockey. Not Bruins. The team has had too long a fuse for too long this year.

This is the one thing that I think trumps my argument. That edge. That bit of toughness that allows teams to fear an opponent and to generally intimidate. I remember that Dallas game a few years back like it was yesterday. The boys standing up for one another when they weren't really at that level they are now: as a top 3 team.

I guess my only counter to that would be that the Bruins have gotten to the level where they don't need to do these type of things. They are considered by most a top 3 team in the NHL. We don't need to physically impose our way. No one's going to push us around, the game during its play usually lends itself to that style. The Bruins do that throughout and shouldn't give any underdog a reason to fight harder. Our forward core is skilled and deep and our blueline for the most part has been stellar. Couple that with outstanding goaltending and you have arguably the most balanced team in the league regardless of physical play

. As much as we want to be the big bad Bruins, we are always going to be that physical team that won't get intimidated. The B's are doing it with their play alone so no need for the antics I guess is my point.

Last edited:

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Just a note-had Lucic ignored it there would have been no PP, the refs didn't call the boarding at all. No penalty assessed other than those Looch took.

Yah that's why I left the comment in limbo. I didn't really feel as if the Panthers were going to get the penalty.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
They're the Florida Panthers...that's demoralizing enough.

Washington from last year says hi. They were the clear underdogs and the Bruins played right into their hands giving them motivation. Underdogs have no pressure at all and a desperate team plays with a reckless abandon. Don't give those team unnecessary motivation.

Guess that what i'm saying here is were the Bruins to get another goal there while they were in the offensive zone, the game would have been over. Instead we were going into the third period with only a two goal cushion and killing an extended penalty.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Lucic could simply wait for the opportunity to crush him and take him out of the game with a simple minor.

The word is going around, cheap shot Lucic and he will react and get penalized.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Agreed. Horrible non-call by the officials.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Washington from last year says hi. They were the clear underdogs and the Bruins played right into their hands giving them motivation. Underdogs have no pressure at all and a desperate team plays with a reckless abandon. Don't give those team unnecessary motivation.

Guess that what i'm saying here is were the Bruins to get another goal there while they were in the offensive zone, the game would have been over. Instead we were going into the third period with only a two goal cushion and killing an extended penalty.

Best pk team in the league along with best record past few years w a 2 goal lead. No worries.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

No, it's been your MO to knock on Lucic for years. An angry, pissed off Lucic is a by-product of being the best power forward in the business. He wouldn't be who he is today without it. There was no penalty called, no PP for the Bruins, and Lucic extracting some sort of physical revenge after a dirty hit is what any red-blooded power forward SHOULD do.

Name me one great PF who would have turned the other cheek in this instance.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'm usually on the other side of the argument, i. e. keep your cool, get them to take the penalty. But this is different. Lucic was clearly (except to the visually impaired ref), cross checked into the boards.

To his credit, Milan did not wallow on the ice to draw the penalty. He relied on the judgement of the ref to handle the situation. When justice was not done, he felt he had to take the matter into his own hands. He probably should have kept his mouth shut, though, and not incurred then extra ten.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad