Proposal: Bruins Rumors, Trade and Call up suggestions. PART2

Status
Not open for further replies.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I don't doubt it.

The Bruins hate him and it's an absolute miracle that he doesn't (apparently) hate them yet. There's nothing else he can learn in the AHL. There's also nothing he can learn with 4 minutes of ice time on the off chance that he gets called up. He can be productive and move on with his career on almost any other team.

Really, after anyone has a bad game, Claude will say "yeah the entire team wasn't great, can't blame X". When the team has a good game, he'll come right out and say "Spooner is a liability defensively". It's SO obvious. They ****ing hate him, and he's been so loyal to us. Has worked so hard every single year and is never rewarded. Don't know how long he's going to be able to do that. It's one thing if he doesn't fit and a trade is necessary, it's another if he torture him here.

Really hope they don't repeat this process with Pastrnak and KoKo. It's just a mess for Spooner and for us. Maybe Cassidy will convert them to defensemen :sarcasm:

Brad Marchand 2009-10: 20GP, 0G, 1G

Reilly Smith 2011-12 to 2012-2013: 40GP, 3G, 6A

The Bruins don't hate him. And he'd have to feel pretty ****ing entitled to think he should be handed more minutes when he does jack **** with the ones he was getting.

Outside of the PP he's brought nothing and he didn't do all that much on the PP.

I'm rooting for the kid and hope he does well in Boston, but to assume he somehow deserves anything is ludacris.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Chris Kelly, Matt Bartkowski, a 2nd, and a prospect for Jordan Eberle?

Good job Haggs! You sure they don't want a half eaten slice of pizza from the Garden floor with that as well?

I don't see us having what Edmonton would want for Eberle...at least having it as pieces we'd be willing to give up. If all it took was Kelly, Bart, Spooner, and a 2nd....that should have been done yesterday.

I highly doubt Chris Kelly has Edmonton on his list of places to be traded to.

I think Joe forgot all about that.

Guy's a tool.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Yea, for me it doesn't necessarily have to be Eberle. If there's a guy out there right now that's available who is more consistent, sign me up. I just jump on Eberle because I get the feeling Edmonton is trying to move one of their forwards.

For Seguin, he wasn't a perfect player. But in terms of pure skill set, he may be the best in the NHL . I wish the Bruins realized that the kid was only 20 years old, and his skills far outweighed his deficiencies. They should have given him more time. Now, at 22 years old, he's probably going to be challenging Crosby for the Hart.

I was frustrated with his 1-goal performance during that playoff run, & will admit I was ok with the trade at the time. But now in hindsight I think Chia & Neely made mistake. You're absolutely right, he was young, needed time to mature, & will be in the Hart race for years to come.

member 96824

I highly doubt Chris Kelly has Edmonton on his list of places to be traded to.

I think Joe forgot all about that.

Guy's a tool.

He doesn't.

Doesn't mean it couldn't get done, just means he would have to give Chia the thumbs up. If we would or not, I have no idea. Don't usually hear of too many players using their NTC to flat out say no...but that doesn't mean it doesn't go on much more than we hear.

But yeah, just a poorly thought out piece if you ask me. Eberle's got 224 points in 280 career games at the age of 24. Already has a 30+ goal season under the belt, is signed long term to a very reasonable deal IMO. Has a history of being a big game player, although has not had the chance to show that in Edmonton, but no way that GM's have forgotten about that.

Edit: Not a knock on Kelly and the season he's having....but that package just doesn't cut it for Eberle IMO.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Good job Haggs! You sure they don't want a half eaten slice of pizza from the Garden floor with that as well?

I don't see us having what Edmonton would want for Eberle...at least having it as pieces we'd be willing to give up. If all it took was Kelly, Bart, Spooner, and a 2nd....that should have been done yesterday.

Not to mention, why would Kelly agree to Edm as a destination?

They suck and not for nothing its freezing there.
:laugh:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
It would have to include either Marchand or Ericksson.

I think Koko would be a player the Oilers covet. He & Yakupov know each other well. I think a Boychuk + Koko + pick for Eberle would have been a great deal for both sides (assuming Bosto could shed capspace elsewhere to fit Eberle's $6m)

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What could Boston possibly offer? Maybe a package of Marchand, Campbell, McQuaid, Spooner and a 2015 1st or 2nd?

Also, if Boston is going to target one of Edmonton's young guns, would it not be better to aim for Yakupov?

Eberle is a MUCH better player today. Yak might have more upside. Yak Might be cheaper to acquire, but if you want to make a run Eberle is the Much better player now.

In terms of this offer. Eberle is better than Marchand. But the difference between the 2 is not, Spooner, McQuaid, and a #1. And swapping Marchand for Eberle still leaves you 1 player short in the top 6

If I were willing to give all of that up, I would rather keep Marchand, and then get a darn good player for your Spooner, McQuaid. and a #1 offer

member 96824

Not to mention, why would Kelly agree to Edm as a destination?

They suck and not for nothing its freezing there.
:laugh:

Exactly.

Man...all that article was missing was a Slainte! at the end GW :laugh:

"Chris, we're going to send you further away from your home, to a significantly worse hockey team. Oh, and I would probably get a thicker coat if I were you."

"Oh yeah! Where do I sign?!"

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Eberle would be a good fit. RH shooting goal scorer. Only 24.

Marchand + Subban? Too little? Too much?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Replying to some of the comments in this tread. First in no way do I want Yakupov the guy has Alexandre Daigle type of bust written all over him. Eberle is a pretty good player, but at that salary I would want someone better. As for trading Rask I could go for that as well if Svedberg shows he can so the job we also have Subban and Macintyre for lots of depth there, trade Rask for another pretty goalie to play with Svedberg and a couple other good pices a top 4 d and another asset or 2 then you could also have even more cap space to go after a legit sniper.

I also agree with the comments that the Bruins need to change their style of game somewhat, yes still have some toughness and solid defense etc. , but also get some goal scorers and players with skills and skating abiltiy. Whether we like it or not the league is changing, most teams don't even have the enforcer types anymore and we are seeing a faster more skilled game which I certainly enjoy. Why not inquire about Taylor Hall if we are talking to the Oil? Guys like Lucic, Marchand, Chara and even Rask should be dangled as bait in trades just to see what the value is coming back. If we can get some legit front line talent than maybe it is time to make these moves.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Seriously. What a joke that was. It's like he's one of the psychos who posts on this board.

Hard to believe the Bruins could get him without giving up a real name player, and I don't mean Spooner. One of Marchand, Lucic, Hamilton (certainly a non-starter), Smith, would have to go. Unless of course Edmonton wanted to go even younger and rebuild (AGAIN), in which case guys like Spooner, Koko, Subban, Pastrnak come into play right? I wonder where Edmonton's head is on this.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I don't see Chiarelli trading a top-6 forward for Eberle, what's the point? It just leaves the same hole.

I also can't see Edmonton trading Eberle for non-roster assets. They're most likely going to want a top-4 dman/ or top-6 winger with grit in return. I don't see a match with Boston here.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If Edmonton makes any moves it won't be for a winger, they need help down the middle, on D and in net. If we stop living in call in radio fantasy land it would probably cost Soderberg to get Eberle, then you would have to figure a way to make the contract work. If they want prospects Koko and Spooner are the start with a D and another high pick included.

It will cost more than two seconds and a conditional third, but that was just the first step of a multi tiered plan.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
What could Boston possibly offer? Maybe a package of Marchand, Campbell, McQuaid, Spooner and a 2015 1st or 2nd?

Also, if Boston is going to target one of Edmonton's young guns, would it not be better to aim for Yakupov?

Sure would be easier, he doesn't fit with Dallas Eakins (easily my pick for worst NHL coach right now) and has all kinds of talent.

Give him Lucic clearing space and Krejci feeding him the puck and we could have a blast watching Nail in Boston. Only downside, LH shot.

Also working in our favour with Yakupov seems to be the Oilers unwillingness to give up on Eakins. They are going to have to make a decision as Eakins is running Nail's career into the ground, either fire the coach or trade the former #1.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Replying to some of the comments in this tread. First in no way do I want Yakupov the guy has Alexandre Daigle type of bust written all over him. Eberle is a pretty good player, but at that salary I would want someone better. As for trading Rask I could go for that as well if Svedberg shows he can so the job we also have Subban and Macintyre for lots of depth there, trade Rask for another pretty goalie to play with Svedberg and a couple other good pices a top 4 d and another asset or 2 then you could also have even more cap space to go after a legit sniper.

I also agree with the comments that the Bruins need to change their style of game somewhat, yes still have some toughness and solid defense etc. , but also get some goal scorers and players with skills and skating abiltiy. Whether we like it or not the league is changing, most teams don't even have the enforcer types anymore and we are seeing a faster more skilled game which I certainly enjoy. Why not inquire about Taylor Hall if we are talking to the Oil? Guys like Lucic, Marchand, Chara and even Rask should be dangled as bait in trades just to see what the value is coming back. If we can get some legit front line talent than maybe it is time to make these moves.

The Oilers are not moving Hall.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't see Chiarelli trading a top-6 forward for Eberle, what's the point? It just leaves the same hole.

I also can't see Edmonton trading Eberle for non-roster assets. They're most likely going to want a top-4 dman/ or top-6 winger with grit in return. I don't see a match with Boston here.

Lucic, Spooner and Subban for Hall. Would at least be a starting point, but then the Bruins become even more cub scout like then they already are. Which is saying something cause this team is soft, physically and mentally.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If they do a deal with Edmonton my fear is somehow Yakapov is involved, who has failure written all over him.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Oilers players are so overrated here it's not even funny... I can't see one forward other than Hall that would fit into this system...If Eriksson is having difficulty I couldn't imagine an Eberle, Perron or Yakupov ..Would be a horror show..

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Lucic, Spooner and Subban for Hall. Would at least be a starting point, but then the Bruins become even more cub scout like then they already are. Which is saying something cause this team is soft, physically and mentally.

I might still make that deal take Subban out though. I think Hall is a guy that would thrive in Boston and unlike Lucic he can actually be the catalyst to creating scoring chances. I'm just not as big on Lucic as some are. At his salary and what he provides he is someone they should dangle as trade bait, just not the same player anymore and will want even more money when his contract is up, sell high.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Oilers players are so overrated here it's not even funny... I can't see one forward other than Hall that would fit into this system...If Eriksson is having difficulty I couldn't imagine an Eberle, Perron or Yakupov ..Would be a horror show..

Agreed!

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm going to once again post this suggestion and ask you guys to consider it again (especially if you have seen Eberle play). What if you put Krejci on right wing?

Think about it. We are bemoaning the lack of RH shot in the top 6 who is actually good. We are bemoaning Lucic's play. We are currently in love with Soderberg-Loui as a pair.

Why not put Krejci with Soderberg-Loui, keep Bergy's line together, move Lucic to the third? We might now have a hole to fill on our third line wing, but isn't that better than having a hole to fill in the top 6?

Marchy-Bergy-Smith
Loui-Soderberg-Krejci
Lucic-Kelly-X
Paille-Soup-Griffith/Cunningham/Crap

qc

Aug 23, 2011
We're more likely to trade those 13 year old girls Haggs wrote about for an Eberle return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad