Rumor: Bruins remain in the hunt for a top 6 forward.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
DeBrusk is untouchable in any deal unless it’s a signed Stone or Panerin. Way too valuable to Bos playing on an ELC next season with having to pay Carlo McAvoy and Heinen.

I can’t imagine carlo or heinen getting more than 3 million each, also neither one are must signs. Could see them moving either at the draft if they want unreasonable dollars. Should be able to lock them both up for under 5 million total

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Stone would fit in on the Bruins like a glove. This would be a significant upgrade of biblical proportions.

Bergeron-Marchand/Pasta
Krejci-Stone/Debrusk
Coyle-Backes/Heinen
Acciari-Wagner/Kuraly

That would be some top 12.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Time to get stupid...

Panarin for Debrusk +1st 2019 + conditional 1st 2020 if Panarin re-signs.

Columbus beats Washington in round 1 and Boston beats Toronto.

Panarin re-signs in Boston over NYC / FLA / LA to play with Pastrnak, Bergeron, and Marchand.

Duchene and Dzingel re-sign in Columbus.

Columbus gets a suitable top-6 replacement and the 1sts they gave up to Ottawa.

Boston meanwhile adds one of the top wingers in the league to challenge Toronto and Tampa long term.

hahahaha there is one thing too hilarious in this post

Reactions: Crede777

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
If NEITHER Krug or Gryz were on the team next year I would not be SHOCKED.

Chara Carlo
Vaakaneinen McAvoy
Moore/Lauzon/Zboril Miller

Or yes, maybe you keep Gryz to play with Miller. So many ways Sweeney can take this.

Trading Krug would be a major mistake...yesterday’s complete ineptitude in OT shows what kind of Impact he has on the game...

It’ll be right back to where we were before Krug came to town...a hundred threads about the bruins looking for a PMD and PPQB smh

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It’d
Trading Krug would be a major mistake...yesterday’s complete ineptitude in OT shows what kind of Impact he has on the game...

It’ll be right back to where we were before Krug came to town...a hundred threads about the bruins looking for a PMD and PPQB smh
it’d leave a hole that needs filled sure. But you can find guys capable of doing that job that aren’t 5’6 turnstiles in their own end.

Let’s face facts kids. He might be the worst one on one defender in the league.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Nyquist is like the least Bruins-y player ever but.... hows about Nyquist?!
Most of us on the Bruins board would love Nyquist. Idk why more people haven't noticed, but the current Bruins are a far cry from the big bad Bruins of years past. I'd reckon if you took Chara out of the equation, the Bruins would be one of the shorter and lighter teams in the league.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It’d

it’d leave a hole that needs filled sure. But you can find guys capable of doing that job that aren’t 5’6 turnstiles in their own end.

Let’s face facts kids. He might be the worst one on one defender in the league.

And he might be the best power play quarterback in the league. The powerplay will drop like a stone without Krug

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Ive been thinking about Carter for awhile. He's still good. It all depends if he wants to leave and how motivated he is. Kovalchuk might be a better option but not without retention.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
And he might be the best power play quarterback in the league. The powerplay will drop like a stone without Krug
C’mon now.

Anyway, if they have any sense whatsoever they’ll start getting McAvoy some reps with the first unit next year. That’s your long term guy.

Personally I’d have dealt Krug before his ntc kicked in this past summer. Something around Muzzin would’ve been ideal

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Give me Hoffman and Simmonds

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Hoffman - Coyle - Simmonds
Kuraly - Acciari/Backes - Wagner

Reactions: wintersej

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I've always felt Getzlaf would be a great addition over there and his years remaining would match to some degree Boston's window. He would add a ton of flexibility to that lineup.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Most of us on the Bruins board would love Nyquist. Idk why more people haven't noticed, but the current Bruins are a far cry from the big bad Bruins of years past. I'd reckon if you took Chara out of the equation, the Bruins would be one of the shorter and lighter teams in the league.
Make us an offer!

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
C’mon now.

Anyway, if they have any sense whatsoever they’ll start getting McAvoy some reps with the first unit next year. That’s your long term guy.

Personally I’d have dealt Krug before his ntc kicked in this past summer. Something around Muzzin would’ve been ideal

Mcavoy can certainly be an okay powerplay qb but he’ll never be the offensive player Krug is

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Tanner Pearson for a 2nd at the deadline time if they miss out on other targets.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If Krug is available at all, any reception to Green + Nyquist? Green and Krug have the same contract more or less - 1 year left. Boston doesn’t waste any futures to pick up their deadline guy then. Detroit gets a guy that is a better fit age-wise for their rebuild.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Krug is close to an underrated untouchable to me on the B's. He is ridiculously good player when I see him play. I think it would be a mistake to move him. The B's defence is a perfect blend of Puck movers and Defensive types for each pairing. Moving Krug will disrupt that balance IMO. More harm than good.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Krug is available at all, any reception to Green + Nyquist? Green and Krug have the same contract more or less - 1 year left. Boston doesn’t waste any futures to pick up their deadline guy then. Detroit gets a guy that is a better fit age-wise for their rebuild.

Absolutely not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad