Rumor: Bruins remain in the hunt for a top 6 forward.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I wish Carlo would get under $3m but I'd find it hard to believe he gets anything less than $4m.
I hear what you are saying, but what is the value of a guy who scores 1 goal 4 assist, in 53 games. He is a good shut down dman, but with those number just can’t see him getting close to 4m. In a few years the team will have a much better idea of what exactly he will be, shut down Rod Lanway or big dman Hal Gill.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Sweeney has to be feeling silly with the whole Donato thing at the moment.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
At the moment. Read the whole post please.

OK - so at this very moment you're saying Sweeney feels silly. But if Coyle picks up a point or two in his next game will Sweeney feel OK about the deal ???? Get back to us in about a year and maybe then we can declare a winner and how Sweeney really feels. :nod:

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
OK - so at this very moment you're saying Sweeney feels silly. But if Coyle picks up a point or two in his next game will Sweeney feel OK about the deal ???? Get back to us in about a year and maybe then we can declare a winner and how Sweeney really feels. :nod:
Okay

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Donato has a few secondary assists and an OT goal that should have been stopped and everyone is losing their mind? Come on now. We knew he could shoot and the adrenaline of being on a new team always gives people a jump. He was always going to be an NHL player with his shot but he was blocked on the Bruins. He was given a shot and was too weak on the walls and easily pushed off the puck so he was sent down to work on his game.

Coyle looked good in his first game with the Bruins. The 3rd line looked dangerous for the first time all year and it was nice to have an actual NHL center on that 3rd line for the first time all season. It looks like a hockey trade that will work out for both teams. This is a good thing as it provides good feelings for the teams to trade again without any animosity.

Reactions: Kazcram

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Why is this Donato/Coyle talk still going? I hope (and think) both teams win this deal. Donato is a good but not sure fire prospect that I was sad to see go. Coyle is exactly what Boston needed. Win win! No need to rip the player going out or freak out because he is doing well. Act like y’all have been here before please.

Last edited:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Sweeney has to be feeling silly with the whole Donato thing at the moment.

We heard the same shit with Spooner last year

We found a way to move on

I do wish Donato the best. Coyle was pretty good in his debut as well. Trade is a win win

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Why is this Donato/Coyle talk still going? I hope (and think) both teams win this deal. Donato is a good but not sure fire prospect that I was sad to see go. Coyle is exactly what Boston needed. Win win! No need to rip the player going out or freak out because he is doing well. Act like y’all have been here before please.
Ya man. Treat em like an ex. Out of sight out of mind.

No sense worrying about what you don’t have anymore.

Maybe focus on what you could get instead. Like a winger. Who lives in Ottawa. Who I’m sure would look nice on Krejci’s wing.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad