Rumor: Bruins remain in the hunt for a top 6 forward.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I’m not trying to be dishonest. Senyshyn has been a disappointment in Boston and is the clear 3rd piece in the deal, I’d be surprised if anyone would give up a young top 9 forward a first and a blue chip prospect for Kreider..he isn’t stone.

Didn't mean for it to come off like that. Apologies if it did.

I don't think they need a blue chipper, but they'd probably want someone a bit better than Senyshyn. Heinen is a bit of a wild card. Lots of talent and had a good year last year, but he's been up and down this season.

Who knows though? I see some shades of a young Kreider in Senyshyn's game, maybe the Rangers do as well.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I want nothing to do with Simmonds or Carter. Stone or Kreider will be expensive but hell yes to them. 2 ideas.

Boston- Kreider

NYR- Bos 2019 1st, Trent Frederic, Jeremy Lauzon. Maybe amother add??

Boston- Stone

OTT- Bos 2019 1st, Conditional 2nd in 2020( becomes 1st if Stone re-signs), Peter Cehlarik, Jeremy Lauzon.

If that was the ask for Stone it would be done by now. I suspect that the ask right now is everything you mentioned and a Debrusk, Heinen, or Carlo. I suspect the GM in Ottawa will be forced to come down prior to the deadline, or he will be holding onto Stone going into July 1st. The teams involved I think have all set their absolute best price at this point, and the risk from Ottawa is that as the deadline nears those teams move onto other targets. Teams looking at Stone are treating him as a rental, Ottawa is treating him like he has term. It will play out over the next 24 hours, and I hope he doesn't move until tomorrow so I have something to watch on TSN.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
And I think he is a good young player the Bruins would move given they have Moore on the bench and Vaakaneinen, Lauzon and Zboril in Providence.
I kind of wonder if the reason his name hasn’t popped up in rumours is because they’ll try to move Krug in the offseason.

I know that terrifies some fans. But the guy has a year left on a contract with one last chance at making some hay.

With McAvoy and Carlo and Debrusk coming up for more money and hopefully having added someone to play on the wing after half a decade of looking, they might not want to shell out for him.

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
If Simmonds is a pure rental, it depends on the cost for me. Certainly not a 1st... and hopefully from the glut of near NHL ready B prospects rather than other picks.

Kovi with retention is also something I would not just dismiss.

If Simmonds was a pure rental at a low rental price ( no 1st or 2nd and no top 5 prospect) I would probably be fine with him on 3rd RW. STRICTLY rental though.

Kovalchuk I just have little interest in personally. I could be wrong and he could be ok with retained salary. Just not my cup of tea.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I kind of wonder if the reason his name hasn’t popped up in rumours is because they’ll try to move Krug in the offseason.

I know that terrifies some fans. But the guy has a year left on a contract with one last chance at making some hay.

With McAvoy and Carlo and Debrusk coming up for more money and hopefully having added someone to play on the wing after half a decade of looking, they might not want to shell out for him.

If NEITHER Krug or Gryz were on the team next year I would not be SHOCKED.

Chara Carlo
Vaakaneinen McAvoy
Moore/Lauzon/Zboril Miller

Or yes, maybe you keep Gryz to play with Miller. So many ways Sweeney can take this.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Chara Carlo
Vaakaneinen McAvoy

Or yes, maybe you keep Gryz to play with Miller. So many ways Sweeney can take this.
I wouldn't expect Chara as a given for next year. He's 41 and definitely showing his age.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

Chara Carlo
Vaakaneinen McAvoy

Ya possible.

Would think if a signed Stone was coming back the Bruins would be ok with losing Grizz for him plus whatever.

Unsigned though I can’t see it

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You can't say top6 forward(Boston needs a #2Rw) and then mention Carter.

I'd go for 1st+ Grzelcyk+ prospect not named Vaaks for Stone.

You act like I made the damn rumor. I’m just the one posting it to the forum verbatim of what Fourth Period is reporting.

You really need to learn to read.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Was thinking, the more cynical side of my brain says Melnyk keeps Stone until July just to try and sell some tickets before the end of the season.

Could you really put it past him at this point?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You act like I made the damn rumor. I’m just the one posting it to the forum verbatim of what Fourth Period is reporting.

You really need to learn to read.

I think you didn't think my post.

It was for Pagnotta.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kreider talks never go well. He's a more valuable player than point totals reflect. Most casuals call him a 2nd liner, so I don't think fair value on both sides will be realized.

He and Zib are the two guys I want to keep in the NYR rebuild. Unless someone 'overpays' pretty significantly for Kreider, I think he stays a NYR.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I think you didn't think my post.

It was for Pagnotta.

Ohh I’m sorry thought you were yelling at me because of the title. It’s literally verbatim of what they said. Not what I said.

Ryanfrancis4426

Jan 9, 2010
Abington, MA
DeBrusk is untouchable in any deal unless it’s a signed Stone or Panerin. Way too valuable to Bos playing on an ELC next season with having to pay Carlo McAvoy and Heinen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad