Rumor: Bruins remain in the hunt for a top 6 forward.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If Krug is available at all, any reception to Green + Nyquist? Green and Krug have the same contract more or less - 1 year left. Boston doesn’t waste any futures to pick up their deadline guy then. Detroit gets a guy that is a better fit age-wise for their rebuild.
It's a decent offer, but I can't see the Bruins moving Krug right now. He's at the peak of his game, and is a big part of their offense. He has twice as many points as Green this year, and the upgrade Nyquist would be over our current wing options is less than the downgrade that would result in shifting from Krug to Green. B's would rather give up futures for Nyquist.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
It's a decent offer, but I can't see the Bruins moving Krug right now. He's at the peak of his game, and is a big part of their offense. He has twice as many points as Green this year, and the upgrade Nyquist would be over our current wing options is less than the downgrade that would result in shifting from Krug to Green. B's would rather give up futures for Nyquist.

Fair enough. I don’t understand why Krug has ever been on the table but I’ve seen enough posts from Bruins fans that are open to moving Krug for pretty modest returns that made me think he might be an option or had been putting up more points at the cost of being a responsible player or something.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
It’d

it’d leave a hole that needs filled sure. But you can find guys capable of doing that job that aren’t 5’6 turnstiles in their own end.

Let’s face facts kids. He might be the worst one on one defender in the league.
This.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
We could make it a conditional pick. 3rd if Nyquist walks after the year, 2nd if he resigns.

Then sure, I'm in. Ken Holland certainly isn't. The Wings seem high on re-signing on Nyquist, I really don't want them to - not a knock on Nyquist at all, the Wings just have so many forwards up and coming along with a few too many guys signed long-term, there won't be any room.

I like the deal, though!

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Absolutely not.

If you don’t want to move Krug, I completely understand that. But if it’s because this board continues to operate under the assumption that Mike Green is some big liability, then just know that that hasn’t been the case in years. He’s not the guy he was in Washington. Much more crustier and more of a two-way guy now than being purely offensive.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Fair enough. I don’t understand why Krug has ever been on the table but I’ve seen enough posts from Bruins fans that are open to moving Krug for pretty modest returns that made me think he might be an option.
Bruins are loaded at left D, and Krug has a ton of value, so hypothetically, since the B's can afford to deal a LD, Krug has the best chance of returning a highly valuable asset. Doesn't mean the Bruins should move him, but it never hurts to listen.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Then sure, I'm in. Ken Holland certainly isn't. The Wings seem high on re-signing on Nyquist, I really don't want them to - not a knock on Nyquist at all, the Wings just have so many forwards up and coming along with a few too many guys signed long-term, there won't be any room.

I like the deal, though!
Alright, well I'll start prepping the paper work so we can send it into the league.

Reactions: The Red Line

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ohh I’m sorry thought you were yelling at me because of the title. It’s literally verbatim of what they said. Not what I said.

No problems, it was just straight away mentioned in the tweet and I got mad at it :laugh:

If you don’t want to move Krug, I completely understand that. But if it’s because this board continues to operate under the assumption that Mike Green is some big liability, then just know that that hasn’t been the case in years. He’s not the guy he was in Washington. Much more crustier and more of a two-way guy now than being purely offensive.

If I'm moving Krug I'm moving him this summer.

For cap reasons and/or his trade return. Boston has some serious longterm problems developing and can't waste Krugs value/impact on those 2 guys.

Reactions: wintersej

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
No problems, it was just straight away mentioned in the tweet and I got mad at it :laugh:

If I'm moving Krug I'm moving him this summer.

For cap reasons and/or his trade return. Boston has some serious longterm problems developing and can't waste Krugs value/impact on those 2 guys.
What serious long term problems are you talking about?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
There is a salary cap and McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk, Heinen, etc will all be getting big raises soon.
Don’t forget the new guy too!

Damnit Donald get the new guy. Finally. Before we all croak.

Preferably not one about to croak himself

Reactions: wintersej

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
A lot of sour notes for Carter here, but i think he’d be good fit with a guy like Krejci. He does carry a long term for his age, though.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
There is a salary cap and McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk, Heinen, etc will all be getting big raises soon.
The only one on pace to get a huge raise is McAvoy. The rest will get raises, but none of these guys are $6 million players. Bruins actually have a very healthy cap situation right now. We're a far cry from the cap hell Chiarelli got us into towards the end of his tenure here.

Also have Chara coming off the books, buyout/retention money freeing up in 2 years (that right there could be Debrusk's raise), annual salary cap increases (that'll definitely cover Heinen's minuscule raise), and eventually Backes comes off the books.

Look at all the talent Tampa has on their roster, and that's with a $5.8 mil Callahan cap hit on their 4th line. The Bruins have literally nothing to worry about with the cap.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The only one on pace to get a huge raise is McAvoy. The rest will get raises, but none of these guys are $6 million players. Bruins actually have a very healthy cap situation right now. We're a far cry from the cap hell Chiarelli got us into towards the end of his tenure here.

Also have Chara coming off the books, buyout/retention money freeing up in 2 years (that right there could be Debrusk's raise), annual salary cap increases (that'll definitely cover Heinen's minuscule raise), and eventually Backes comes off the books.

Look at all the talent Tampa has on their roster, and that's with a $5.8 mil Callahan cap hit on their 4th line. The Bruins have literally nothing to worry about with the cap.

Assuming 83 million cap, Bruins would have 17 million to sign Chara, McAvoy, Carlo and Heinen. And whatever other guy we add this TDL.

Chara - 5
McAvoy - 7
Carlo - 3
Heinen - 2

New guy - um...

You can (wrongly) argue that Chara is gonna retire. But the next year you have Krug, Gryz and DeBrusk all looking for raises. Not as clean as you think.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Assuming 83 million cap, Bruins would have 17 million to sign Chara, McAvoy, Carlo and Heinen. And whatever other guy we add this TDL.

Chara - 5
McAvoy - 7
Carlo - 3
Heinen - 2

New guy - um...

You can (wrongly) argue that Chara is gonna retire. But the next year you have Krug, Gryz and DeBrusk all looking for raises. Not as clean as you think.
So you flip Krug in the summer. Chara, Moore, Gryz, Urho, and Lauzon can hold down the left side. Can't keep everybody.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Chara - 5
McAvoy - 7
Carlo - 3
Heinen - 2

New guy - um...

Also, don't think McAvoy will get 7. Is he worth it? Absolutely, but Sweeney has a good track record of resigning guys below their market value.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What serious long term problems are you talking about?

Where's the C group when Bergeron/Krejci start to decline, who's the #2Rw longterm?.
(Life after Chara on the LD)

There's really no clear answers to pretty big questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad