Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign McQuaid (4yrs/11m)

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Essentially if you didn't resign Quader Smith and Krug you could have met the 5.5 from Hamilton. But grit...beer and fight...

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
2.75 for a dmen that has a hard time playing D. Sounds great. :handclap: . Good thing you pigheaded bruins fans dont want a soft team. This is worse than payint chris neil money just to drop the gloves :shakehead . Couldnt miller do a similar job

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Embarrassing for Sweeney. Almost 3 million per for a 3rd pair D-man on a contending team.

So almost 6 million tied up on a 4th line C/W in Kelly, and a 3rd pair D-man in McQuaid.

But no they can't pay Hamilton what he's asking for.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Too much, too long, for a guy that has never and will never be better than a number 5 and can't stay healthy. Not a great skater or great transition guy in a league all about skating and moving the puck.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I must have gone full ****** and not realize, because I like this deal. Don't love it, but like it. Adam is a tough, serviceable Dman now making 2.75 for the next 4 years, which is less than 4% of the cap.

I think the Hamilton deal stinks, but regardless, I still wanted Adam on this team - and with the current cap figure, this is a fair price.

Iceman12

Nov 22, 2014
Love the move, steady and tough, the only Bruin that played with any snarl last year.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I can understand that the demands of dougie´s camp were maybe to high for us and that a trade was neccessery in the end but then to sign a bottom pair defense man with no room of development to that kind of money to an cap crunched team is just awful ...

j44thor

Mar 27, 2008
Who exactly was going to give out a 4yr deal to a DMan that can't transition the puck to save his life? Great he can fight although fighting will probably be just about out of the game before this deal is done. A 1yr deal would have been fine but McQuaid is the very definition of Fungible 6-7th Dman, not someone you commit 4yrs to.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
BOS agrees to terms with D Adam McQuaid. Four years, AAV of $2.75M. #TSN

If this turns out like Andrew Ference's last contract with the Bruins , it could be a winner.

j44thor

Mar 27, 2008
If this turns out like Andrew Ference's last contract with the Bruins , it could be a winner.

That would require McQuaid to turn out like Ference, the only thing they have in common is they are both injury prone. Ference when healthy could play transition hockey. McQuaid when healthy can fight. McQuaid cannot play transition hockey. It is as if the no one from the B's front office watched any playoff games this year. Did they not realize that the game has changed to a speed and transition game?

I guess McQuaid can stand in front of the net and keep it clean for the goalie. Good thing because he spends the vast majority of his time in his own zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad