Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign McQuaid (4yrs/11m)

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'd rather pay Mcquaid his 2.75 for the toughness factor than 7 mil to Lucic.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lots of permutations Julien can do with this group of 8.

If you include Krug and K.Miller as one of the young guys, I'd say we'll see Chara, Seidenberg, and McQuaid all split up onto separate pairs and pair up with which ever young guy they see fit. Helps that Seidenberg can play both sides.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
So I've given this a few days to collect my thoughts and calm myself a bit...

I ****ing hate this contract. This is basically Chris Kelly 2.0.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think we are really going to appreciate what we get for 2.75M when we compare it to what we get for 7M. Really have a feeling Chara is going to stink out the joint this year.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
I think we are really going to appreciate what we get for 2.75M when we compare it to what we get for 7M. Really have a feeling Chara is going to stink out the joint this year.

I'm thinking the exact opposite. Chara's an absolute beast, and with an extended off-season, busted knee or not, he's currently training like crazy after having his worst season since his inexperienced years. Think this is the last good year Chara will produce. If Bruins make the playoffs, he'll be great, and if the Bruins don't make it, he'll command quite a bit at the trade deadline. Chara to me is not a problem the upcoming season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad