Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIII

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
5-Bavaro.jpg

After leading Bentley in scoring two years ago, Drew Bavaro stepped up the level of competition by heading to Notre Dame. While the production has dwindled, it greatly understates his impact.

Bavaro’s a smooth, well-rounded defenceman. From the point, he consistently uses space, deceiving the whole time, and finds an open teammate. On occasion, he slips past a defender with a quick fake or dangles inside, and he has the playmaking to set up chances from these positions.

Elsewhere, Bavaro brings stability. More patient than aggressive, he steadily suffocates attacks and then makes a quick outlet to start the rush. Though the big hits come and hit, he’s a consistently effective physical player through tying up opponents, winning positioning, and boxing out opponents.

Like most NCAA free agent defencemen, Bavaro might lack that one true standout element to crack an NHL lineup. Becoming a more physical, aggressive defender is the natural pathway as a right-shot, 6-foot-2 blueliner. If he does that, he could become a solid bottom-pairing option who pitches in a bit of offence.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
5-Bavaro.jpg

After leading Bentley in scoring two years ago, Drew Bavaro stepped up the level of competition by heading to Notre Dame. While the production has dwindled, it greatly understates his impact.

Bavaro’s a smooth, well-rounded defenceman. From the point, he consistently uses space, deceiving the whole time, and finds an open teammate. On occasion, he slips past a defender with a quick fake or dangles inside, and he has the playmaking to set up chances from these positions.

Elsewhere, Bavaro brings stability. More patient than aggressive, he steadily suffocates attacks and then makes a quick outlet to start the rush. Though the big hits come and hit, he’s a consistently effective physical player through tying up opponents, winning positioning, and boxing out opponents.

Like most NCAA free agent defencemen, Bavaro might lack that one true standout element to crack an NHL lineup. Becoming a more physical, aggressive defender is the natural pathway as a right-shot, 6-foot-2 blueliner. If he does that, he could become a solid bottom-pairing option who pitches in a bit of offence.
What are the ratings out of? He got a lot of “5s”

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ah. Should have seen that. Ty.

He looks like a good AHL signing. Maybe you get the rare NHL player out of a signing like this, but if not you probably have a solid PBruins Dman, and your legit prospects need to play with good players at that level to progress

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
He looks like a good AHL signing. Maybe you get the rare NHL player out of a signing like this, but if not you probably have a solid PBruins Dman, and your legit prospects need to play with good players at that level to progress
Pretty much the expectation for all prospects. Even highly touted ones don’t always work out. It’s basically a crap shoot. You never know what 18 year old is going to be a good nhl player 7 years later. Generally the first couple of picks are the only slam dunk picks and some times those don’t even work out.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
We gotta get Colin Graff

Yeah it makes me curious, too. I think like you do, that Bussi is either going to be on the B's roster, or playing for another club -I think it's preparatory for him being the backup in Boston next year, whether it's Swayman or Ullmark that stays. Keyser's time seems to have passed. DiPietro and Bussi will both need waivers if they re-sign to be in Providence, so Bischel and Dyck could be the potential 1-2 there even if Sway and Ullmark both return (seems unlikely). They will also a spot to send one of them to Maine if needed.
Dipiegro shares with new guy next yr and is first call up if injury

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Dipiegro shares with new guy next yr and is first call up if injury

On DiPietro, If they sign him, and if he clears waivers, then yeah. I wonder if they will re-sign him and if so, does he clear waivers? That's the unknown right now. Then if Dyck turns pro he goes somewhere as well.

Reactions: HustleB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The typical Bruins move would be of course bringing in a veteran goalie that's had NHL experience to be the guy in Providence ,just in case that Bussi guy face plants...
DiPietro should get qualified, after that it gets hazy

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The typical Bruins move would be of course bringing in a veteran goalie that's had NHL experience to be the guy in Providence ,just in case that Bussi guy face plants...
DiPietro should get qualified, after that it gets hazy

I would not be the least bit surprised if you are right

Yeah, of course the guys who tend to be signed to be that AHL veteran guy who will easily go back and forth through waivers tend to have a pretty solid record of not being able to get it done at the NHL level

Reactions: HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
On DiPietro, If they sign him, and if he clears waivers, then yeah. I wonder if they will re-sign him and if so, does he clear waivers? That's the unknown right now. Then if Dyck turns pro he goes somewhere as well.
I think they resign him. I think he makes it through waivers. If he does not, more power to him and I wish him well in his next stop. If he plays well I think it adds to the allure, of the Boston organization's ability to develop goalies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I think they resign him. I think he makes it through waivers. If he does not, more power to him and I wish him well in his next stop. If he plays well I think it adds to the allure, of the Boston organization's ability to develop goalies.
DiPietro was probably considered the top OHL goalie in his last year of junior. Was pleasently surprised when I saw him in the Bruins fold.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
DiPietro was probably considered the top OHL goalie in his last year of junior. Was pleasently surprised when I saw him in the Bruins fold.
Thank you Jack Studnicka. Might be a robbery trade If DiPietro ends up being an nhl goalie. I wonder if he is related to Rick DiPietro

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Thank you Jack Studnicka. Might be a robbery trade If DiPietro ends up being an nhl goalie. I wonder if he is related to Rick DiPietro
Michael was born in Windsor Ontario Canada. Rick is an American. I don't think they are related but not sure.Michael won the Memorial Cup in junior with a .934 save percentage.

Reactions: Kegs

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Well even a broken clock is right twice a day. I am far less reliable but thought the timing of this was funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad