Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIII

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Friday Night Wrap and the week so far

We start in the Coast League
Mast 1 shot -2 6-3 loss
Keyser did not dress

USHL
Pelosi 1 assist 1 shot and a rare -1 5-1 loss, he also had 12 minutes of penalties

Hendrickson 2 assists 3 shots +1 3rd 🌟 5-4 SO loss

Edward +1 3-0 win ,London up 1-0 to start the playoffs

Dyck 33 saves First 🌟 3-0 win Swift Current up 1-0

It appears Myrenberg's season is over being swept 4-0, our guy had zero points,finished with a -1 played as little as 9:30 and as much as 25:46 during these games, 3 out of the 4 games went to OT, despite being under contract for the next 2 years with Linkoping I wonder if he shows up in Providence

Kostadinski and Frölunda are up 2-0, no points thus far, +1
Nassen 4 shots +1

Locmelis and U Mass Amherst season came to an end losing to Denver 2-1 in double OT
2 shots -1 17 for 26, not a bad first season all things considered

Gallagher zeros across the board 6-3 win

Walsh 2 shots 8 for 15 and a ill advised 5 minute hitting from behind penalty 3-1 win

Gasseau 1 shot +1 1 for 1 6-1 win
Jellvik 1 goal 2 assists 4 shots +2 3 for 3
He was electric

Schmaltz 2 for 5 faceoffs, played 4th line minutes in a 4-3 loss
I wonder if he hits the portal for his final year

Soon to be Bruin Jacob Quillan had 4 shots 14 for 25 and never stopped grinding 3-2 OT win

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Saturday Night Wrap

Mast 1 shot +1 4-3 win
Keyser did not dress, Maine 1 point out of the final playoff spot

Hendrickson 2 goals 2 assists 2 shots +2 2nd 🌟
7-6 OT win

Dyck 29 saves 4-3 win now up 2 games to zero

Edward plays at 2pm today

Walsh 1 shot -1 8 for 12 faceoffs 2-1 loss
Controversial penalty call on our guy when Cornell was pushing to tie the game, nevertheless he came out of the box and almost scored with seconds left, overall solid Freshman year for Walsh, not saying he has "it" but he's on that path

Gallagher 2 shots 6-3 BU win, with the game on the line Gallagher had a big shot block before BU broke it open late

Jellvik and Gasseau in action vs Quinnipiac 4pm today

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
What do we know about his skill set?
I see he is 24 YO, pretty old to be playing still at the College level / RH shot, and plays center?
Do we have another Charlie Coyle?
I think we are hoping for a 4th liner here. Would be a great signing if he is able to compete for a 4th line spot in the next 24 months.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

As we reported here last week, the Bruins were not frontrunners for Graf heading into the NCAA regionals. According to the aforementioned source above, that remains the case, but that hasn’t stopped the Bruins from continuing to pursue Graf.

The Leprechaun says the Bruins are NOT frontrunners for Graf, FWIW.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What do we know about his skill set?
I see he is 24 YO, pretty old to be playing still at the College level / RH shot, and plays center?
Do we have another Charlie Coyle?

Doubtful on Charlie Coyle.

He is likely going to have to make his bones as a 4th line/maybe 3rd line defensive player. that said he seems to be a pretty good skater for the size which can help. He also has shown the ability to get in front of of the net and work hard there. If his 4th line skills get him into the league there is a chance he can also be a second PP guy, and if he does that he could get some points.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The Bruins have wasted no time adding to their prospect pipeline with an intriguing free-agent pickup from the collegiate ranks.

Just days after the University of Minnesota was bested by Boston University in the NCAA Regional Final in Sioux Falls, the Golden Gophers’ captain, Jaxon Nelson, is signing with the Bruins.

Boston announced Tuesday that it has signed Nelson to a one-year, entry-level contract that carries an NHL cap hit of $870,000. Nelson’s contract with Boston will go into effect next season, with the 24-year-old center reporting to the Providence Bruins on an amateur tryout (ATO) deal for the remainder of the 2023-24 campaign.

Nelson has an intriguing skillset that could translate to the NHL ranks, especially for a Bruins organization that has made a concerted effort at stockpiling assets at the center position over the last few seasons.

Nelson is a big body at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds who projects as a bruising, two-way pivot at the pro level if he continues to grow his overall game.

“Jaxon is a big, right shot, two-way center with leadership qualities as captain of a very successful collegiate program,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said. “He has shown consistent growth throughout his time at the University of Minnesota and the Bruins are excited to have Jaxon join our organization.”

Nelson had a strong finish to his fifth and final season with Minnesota, scoring 11 goals over the final eight games of his collegiate career — including three tallies in the NCAA tournament against the University of Nebraska Omaha and BU.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Just like everyone said.........

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Just like everyone said.........
Definitely didn't expect that

Reactions: TCB

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I can't blame him.

But I didn't expect him to pick the wasteland that is San Jose.
Since the contract starts immediately, he probably wanted playing time in the NHL sooner rather then later
I realize there isn't many games left in the season for the Sharks, but they had a reason.
Capfriendly has his contract Registration pending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad