Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIII

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The player Edwards is fighting is smaller and never fights. He doesn't fight the bigger kids. Have to temper expectations. He does play physical but loses his temper far too much. Remember some of these junior players only weigh 140-170 and are under 6 feet. Edwards is 6'3" probably 200. If he does make pro he won't be so quick to fight the big boys. He won't be as brave.
Its Edward. Jackson Edward.

Not Edwards.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He kind of got hit on the side. Small blind side but it’s hockey. He needs to take hits as well. Man…. This kid!!!!🤣

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The player Edwards is fighting is smaller and never fights. He doesn't fight the bigger kids. Have to temper expectations. He does play physical but loses his temper far too much. Remember some of these junior players only weigh 140-170 and are under 6 feet. Edwards is 6'3" probably 200. If he does make pro he won't be so quick to fight the big boys. He won't be as brave.
What difference does it make? So a small guy can cheap shot you but you let them off the hook because of their size? lol F that

The small player is "brave" enough to make that hit but to small to take a beating for it? nope

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What difference does it make? So a small guy can cheap shot you but you let them off the hook because of their size? lol F that

The small player is "brave" enough to make that hit but to small to take a beating for it? nope

I think he is just suggesting that Edward will not be as effective if he picks on someone his own size. This might be true.

He's got a lot of cleaning up in his game before he is ready for the next level.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

The player Edward attacked is not a cheap shot artist at all. You are forgetting these are junior players where the age is 15-21 years old. They aren't adults. Dale Hunter coaches like he played. Edward is a big physical player but is considered a cheap shot artist in the OHL. I like his physicality as a 7+ decade Bruin fan. He won't win any ribbons pounding out small players that don't fight. Again if he is lucky enough to have the ability to make the Bruins he will have to face a lot of big players that won't take what he hands out to small junior players . Just a fact.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
The player Edward attacked is not a cheap shot artist at all. You are forgetting these are junior players where the age is 15-21 years old. They aren't adults. Dale Hunter coaches like he played. Edward is a big physical player but is considered a cheap shot artist in the OHL. I like his physicality as a 7+ decade Bruin fan. He won't win any ribbons pounding out small players that don't fight. Again if he is lucky enough to have the ability to make the Bruins he will have to face a lot of big players that won't take what he hands out to small junior players . Just a fact.
He will need to train extra hard if he wants to be a super villain in the nhl. Grown adults are harder to push around

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
He will need to train extra hard if he wants to be a super villain in the nhl. Grown adults are harder to push around
I would love to have Edward on the Rangers every game. Big stay at home type defenseman that makes opponents pay for coming over the blue line. He does have issues with his temper. At 6'3" he is maybe just another player in the NHL that would have something to prove. Its just such a jump up from the OHL with the speed of the game and the size and strength of the players. We all see junior players we think are going to be stars in the NHL. They graduate and disappear because they can't keep pace in pro. I hope Edward makes the Bruins down the road sometime.

Reactions: Kegs and CDJ

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

It doesn't matter if the kid is a cheapshot artist. The play was kind of a cheapshot. i have no issue with Edward being P***** on the play, and going at the kid who boarded him

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
It doesn't matter if the kid is a cheapshot artist. The play was kind of a cheapshot. i have no issue with Edward being P***** on the play, and going at the kid who boarded him
Edward probably did what he thought was right. He did get banged into the boards. I like Edward's game in junior except he has to learn to control his emotions. Even fans of his team say this. I'm just saying if he looked up and saw Arber Xhekaj who use to play for the Rangers standing there he maybe goes the other way. My point is as a Bruin fan we like to see physicality. It's one thing to hit and fight in junior but it may not transfer to the NHL where most players are his size and stronger. I hope he turns into a sold Dman for the Bruins in the future. I've seen him play several times along with Poitras, Mast etc. Dale Hunter can develop players for pro. Nice tough stay at home type defenseman.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Has he regressed?
I don't really know- reports here from our Prov. people have been that he's not had a great season down there. He did get that game and the emergency callup but has not been first in line to come up to the big club this season. I say looking for a new team because his contract is up at the end of the season and he's not gotten re-signed as of yet.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I don't really know- reports here from our Prov. people have been that he's not had a great season down there. He did get that game and the emergency callup but has not been first in line to come up to the big club this season. I say looking for a new team because his contract is up at the end of the season and he's not gotten re-signed as of yet.

What does Mark Divver think of him?

Heard he wasn't having the best season. Yet he comes up for one game and has a goal. It's too bad because I think he's a solid player. If they're going to bury him, he should find another gig. Good luck to him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What does Mark Divver think of him?

Heard he wasn't having the best season. Yet he comes up for one game and has a goal. It's too bad because I think he's a solid player. If they're going to bury him, he should find another gig. Good luck to him.

He hasn't had a ton to say this season about McL. I do know MM had a stretch of 28 games without a goal this season. I am struggling to see a fit for him: Brazeau is playing well and deserved his callup, Lauko is doing what he needs to do to keep his spot, Boquist earned his callup and is playing well, and they just signed Maroon.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
He hasn't had a ton to say this season about McL. I do know MM had a stretch of 28 games without a goal this season. I am struggling to see a fit for him: Brazeau is playing well and deserved his callup, Lauko is doing what he needs to do to keep his spot, Boquist earned his callup and is playing well, and they just signed Maroon.
Thanks. Not completely solid on Lauko.

Reactions: HustleB

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I agree Lauko is my 13th. Maroon 14th and Beecher slides in as my 12th.

I have MM competing with Brown, Steen, Merkulov, and Lysell. His relevance on that list moving in the wrong direction.
I'm certainly no expert, but he has to be better than Steen and probably Brown.

Realize Lysell has been better since Mouge called him out. I can't say I'm sold on him, either. Immaturity and resistance to playing a team game might be problems.

Reactions: HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'm certainly no expert, but he has to be better than Steen and probably Brown.

Realize Lysell has been better since Mouge called him out. I can't say I'm sold on him, either. Immaturity and resistance to playing a team game might be problems.
I am also no expert. I see him as even with Steen at best, better then Brown.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing Lysell. I hear he is fairly responsible. It sounds like he has matured from the selfish play that dogged him. I wonder if they are just waiting for him to mature a bit more physically. I would love to see him get a few games in the top 6 right now over Heinen who I would bump down to the 3rd or 4th line. Heinen would probably still play more minutes then Lysell in the beginning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad