Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Good game. Exciting finish. Our boys did nothing, really.

Can't really fault Svedback on any goals allowed. No real bell ringer saves, either.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I would try and get him this year but he does have another year of eligibility

In looking at Duran's stats they are very mediocre. What does he bring to the table that could make him a future Bruin, he seems pretty highly spoken of on these boards. I have never seen him play.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Mediocre compared to whom?

He has 45 points in 78 career games as a forward, on the face of it it dosen't scream out genuine NHL prospect, far from it. I'm just curious why it seems like a lot of people on these boards really like this guy. Again, I have never seen him play, not trying to be critical as I would love to see another one of our prospects make the grade

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He has 45 points in 78 career games as a forward, on the face of it it dosen't scream out genuine NHL prospect, far from it. I'm just curious why it seems like a lot of people on these boards really like this guy. Again, I have never seen him play, not trying to be critical as I would love to see another one of our prospects make the grade

I don't think there is much chance he is a top 6 guy at the NHL level. there have been stretches he has looked like he could be, but that seems to be small stretches. He has games where is is fairly dominant. He is big, and can play an NHL style game, but it may be no more than a checking line guy

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

He does everything you want and love out of a bottom six player. I’d describe him as an elite fourth liner, which may be an oxymoron, but i’ll stand by it.

I don’t think the goal for him is top six. He’s also on a bit of a cold streak right now if I’m not mistaken. The hope was that he would obviously improve upon last year which he maybe has not.

I loved his game at the world juniors representing the US. Was nearly a ppg playing on the fourth line.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I suppose if you're comparing his stats to someone in the Q it doesn't scream NHL prospect but then again it's an Apple vs Oranges thing
Duran has a big frame, decent skater and is able to cause issues in on the forecheck, strong at the dot, quick and heavy shot but can setup plays as well he's very streaky but also very versatile,plays both Center and RW usually on the first or second line for the 5th best College team in the Country
Hopefully Boston can convince him to come out early and sign him

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I suppose if you're comparing his stats to someone in the Q it doesn't scream NHL prospect but then again it's an Apple vs Oranges thing
Duran has a big frame, decent skater and is able to cause issues in on the forecheck, strong at the dot, quick and heavy shot but can setup plays as well he's very streaky but also very versatile,plays both Center and RW usually on the first or second line for the 5th best College team in the Country
Hopefully Boston can convince him to come out early and sign him
For me players like this should be compared to Sean Kuraly, because that is what you hope you get when you draft this type of guy in the later roundx. Kuraly never put up big points in college but he is clearly a solid bottom 6 NHLer. If Duran becomes that, it's a big win for the Bruins.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
There is a lot of banter about the big club needing more toughness (old school style.. Kevin Miller, etc) ...who in our prospect pool fits the tough as nails profile? Jackson Edward? Anyone else?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Friday Night Wrap

Ryan Walsh and Cornell pounded into submission by Quinnipiac 8-4
Walsh 3 shots -1 1 for 12 faceoffs

Gallagher zeros BU beats Maine 3-2

Gasseau 2 goals 2 shots 2-0 faceoffs
Jellvik 2 assists 5 shots +1 BC wins 5-4 in OT

Schmaltz out North Dakota won

Olson 1 shot
Spicer 1 shot 6 for 16 faceoffs 2-1 loss

Pelosi 6 shots -1 missed his S O attempt 4-3 SO loss
Hendrickson 1 shot -1
They are fun to watch

Mast zeros across the board 4-2 win for ECHL Maine

Edward 2 shots +1 7-4 loss

Swift Current won,Dyck not on the roster

Gasseau was credited with this goal originally given to Leonard

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There is a lot of banter about the big club needing more toughness (old school style.. Kevin Miller, etc) ...who in our prospect pool fits the tough as nails profile? Jackson Edward? Anyone else?

I don't know what they will be as pro's but in addition to being skilled Gasseau is big, physical, and at least chippy at the college level . Not saying he will be a fighter, but Duran could become a physical 3rd/4th liner.

Reactions: Guelph Bruin

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Saturday Wrap

Walsh 3 shots 10 for 17 faceoffs 2-1 OT loss

Providence vs U-Mass part 2
PC controlled most the game but can't close it out,Duran couldn't get position on Ryan Ufko and he made him pay 3-2 OT win for the Minutemen
Duran 1 shot-1 2 for 4 faceoffs
Svedebäck 14 saves
Locmelis 1 shot +1 3 for 9 faceoffs

BU sweeps Maine 5-4
Gallagher 1 shot +2

BC sweeps UConn 3-0
Jellvik 1 goal 2 shots +2
Gasseau 3 shots 3 for 4 faceoffs

Minnesota Duluth swept 6-5
Olson 1 goal 1 assist 3 shots
Spicer 2 shots 9 for 23 faceoffs

Schmaltz still out North Dakota still winning

Pelosi and Hendrickson are in action today

Mast 1 assist 1 shot +1 2-1 loss

Edward 1 shot 4-2 loss

Dyck still out 4-1 loss and Swift Current traded for another goalie

Myrenberg 1 assist 1 shot 18:25 TOI 4-3 SO loss

Kostadinski 1 assist 2 shots 3-2 SO loss
Nassen DNP

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Saturday Wrap

Walsh 3 shots 10 for 17 faceoffs 2-1 OT loss

Providence vs U-Mass part 2
PC controlled most the game but can't close it out,Duran couldn't get position on Ryan Ufko and he made him pay 3-2 OT win for the Minutemen
Duran 1 shot-1 2 for 4 faceoffs
Svedebäck 14 saves
Locmelis 1 shot +1 3 for 9 faceoffs

BU sweeps Maine 5-4
Gallagher 1 shot +2

BC sweeps UConn 3-0
Jellvik 1 goal 2 shots +2
Gasseau 3 shots 3 for 4 faceoffs

Minnesota Duluth swept 6-5
Olson 1 goal 1 assist 3 shots
Spicer 2 shots 9 for 23 faceoffs

Schmaltz still out North Dakota still winning

Pelosi and Hendrickson are in action today

Mast 1 assist 1 shot +1 2-1 loss

Edward 1 shot 4-2 loss

Dyck still out 4-1 loss and Swift Current traded for another goalie

Myrenberg 1 assist 1 shot 18:25 TOI 4-3 SO loss

Kostadinski 1 assist 2 shots 3-2 SO loss
Nassen DNP
SE any players that were typically ranked outside your top 10-15 sneaking up into the top 10 category?

Reactions: Kegs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
SE any players that were typically ranked outside your top 10-15 sneaking up into the top 10 category?
Hendrickson and Jellvik
Kostadinski has me curious but I'm not ready to commit
Jellvik has always shown he's capable of doing stuff at top speed and he's super consistent right now
Hendrickson might have the highest ceiling of everyone in the pool minus Lysell and Merkulov but it's gonna be a long rode

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Hendrickson and Jellvik
Kostadinski has me curious but I'm not ready to commit
Jellvik has always shown he's capable of doing stuff at top speed and he's super consistent right now
Hendrickson might have the highest ceiling of everyone in the pool minus Lysell and Merkulov but it's gonna be a long rode
How's Hendrickson's skating, Eric? I keep forgetting to tune in when Sioux Falls is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad