Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
How's Hendrickson's skating, Eric? I keep forgetting to tune in when Sioux Falls is playing.
Decent, not a burner but keeps up with Pelosi
My biggest concern is can he put on the weight to be successful in the pro's ,he kind of has a Studnicka like frame
Sioux Falls is on at 5pm Central time today

Reactions: BlackFrancis

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The team Sioux Falls is playing has Rogie Vachon Grandson in goal...
77BB3376-CDA0-4DAD-885C-4A4CDF99164E.jpeg

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Hendrickson and Jellvik
Kostadinski has me curious but I'm not ready to commit
Jellvik has always shown he's capable of doing stuff at top speed and he's super consistent right now
Hendrickson might have the highest ceiling of everyone in the pool minus Lysell and Merkulov but it's gonna be a long rode
curious what your top 10 looks like as we head toward thanksgiving

Reactions: Kegs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
1. Lohrei
2. Bussi
3. Lysell
4. Merkulov
5. Duran
6. Pelosi
7. Gasseau
8. Kuntar
9. Farinacci
10. McLaughlin

Graduated Poitras, Lauko and Beecher

Strongly considered but missing the cut Hendrickson, Svedebäck, Toporowski. Jellvik, Dyck and Locmelis

5-9 is fairly close

10 was tough but I fought off the recency bias factor urge and went with total body of work
Per request a new list

1. Lysell
2. Bussi
3. Merkulov
4. Pelosi
5. Hendrickson
6. Duran
7. Gasseau
8. Farinacci
9. Kuntar
10. Jellvik

Graduated Lohrei,Poitras, Lauko and Johnny B

Disappointed in McLaughlin
Super disappointed in Toporowski

Dyck, Svedebäck miss the cut
Locmelis has been meh so far on a decent team, 12-15 points is realistic maybe a touch conservative, let's see what he does after the Holidays

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Phillip Svedeback is a real horse for Providence. He leads all D1 goalies in ice time, is 6th in GAA (1st if comparing him to other full time #1 goalies) and his save % is up there too.

The Bruins depth at goaltender has to be the best in the league by a wide margin. Sadly, Pronman failed to take this into account when ranking team prospect pools...

Per request a new list

1. Lysell
2. Bussi
3. Merkulov
4. Pelosi
5. Hendrickson
6. Duran
7. Gasseau
8. Farinacci
9. Kuntar
10. Jellvik

Locmelis has been meh so far on a decent team, 12-15 points is realistic maybe a touch conservative, let's see what he does after the Holidays

Ugh. :( The B's could really use a winger like him down the road.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Per request a new list

1. Lysell
2. Bussi
3. Merkulov
4. Pelosi
5. Hendrickson
6. Duran
7. Gasseau
8. Farinacci
9. Kuntar
10. Jellvik

Had Steen previously graduated?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Per request a new list

1. Lysell
2. Bussi
3. Merkulov
4. Pelosi
5. Hendrickson
6. Duran
7. Gasseau
8. Farinacci
9. Kuntar
10. Jellvik

Not happy about Toporowski, had visions of him as a 3LW with some scoring ability and grit. Hopefully he turns it around.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not happy about Toporowski, had visions of him as a 3LW with some scoring ability and grit. Hopefully he turns it around.
What’s your take on Bruins bottom 6

JVR- Coyle - Freddy
Lauko - Beecher - Steen

Lucic really F’d it up but it’s still good to very good

Beecher has really stepped up

False Start

May 8, 2018

JVR- Coyle - Freddy
Lauko - Beecher - Steen

Does the 4th line have enough grit / snarl?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

JVR- Coyle - Freddy
Lauko - Beecher - Steen

I have loved Beechers play so far, younger Nosek, the Coyle line has been tremendous. I would replace Steen with a Duhaime or Sam Carrick. Lauko pre injury was excellent I expect him to take a while to get back in the groove after an injury like he had.

With some of the issues Providence is having with commitment from some of it's players according to it's coach, I would look to move one of the vets for a grittier vet like Jeffery Viel. Having him in Providence wouldn't hurt and may send a message to some of the player not playing hard every night that they are not untouchable. When everyone is healthy I would prefer him as a 13th forward over Brown.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I have loved Beechers play so far, younger Nosek, the Coyle line has been tremendous. I would replace Steen with a Duhaime or Sam Carrick. Lauko pre injury was excellent I expect him to take a while to get back in the groove after an injury like he had.

With some of the issues Providence is having with commitment from some of it's players according to it's coach, I would look to move one of the vets for a grittier vet like Jeffery Viel. Having him in Providence wouldn't hurt and may send a message to some of the player not playing hard every night that they are not untouchable. When everyone is healthy I would prefer him as a 13th forward over Brown.
Fen watch Steen closely the dude is not afraid to get dirty, forecheck hard, hit, play with speed, extremely difficult to knock off skates, smart, and plays in front of the net (no hesitation). He's a unique player that brings skill pest and strength for a small stature dude.

Agreed...but Steen providing Topo like grit today.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Fen watch Steen closely the dude is not afraid to get dirty, forecheck hard, hit, play with speed, extremely difficult to knock off skates, smart, and plays in front of the net (no hesitation). He's a unique player that brings skill pest and strength for a small stature dude.

Agreed...but Steen providing Topo like grit today.
I've always liked Steen, though I think he is more of a bottom 6 guy in his career. I think his elite physical strength gives him more opportunity to continue his overall growth. If he keeps hanging around the front of the net and working the wall and corners the way he does, I do see a very hard to play against player. I currently rate him ahead of Lauko.

If he could pick up a few tricks from JVR, those could be some pretty nifty tools to add to the toolset.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The week so far wrap

Pelosi 4 shots
Hendrickson 5 shots 4-1 win, They played well again in a game that featured secondary scoring
They are back at it tonight

Edward +1 6-3 win

Dyck still out, haven't seen a definitive timeline for return but from available sources it looks like he's out for a while

Better news for Schmaltz, reports have him back "shortly"

Gallagher 1 shot 3-2 win

Myrenberg 1 assist +1 14:21 TOI 3-2 SO loss
Linkoping is currently 3rd in the SHL

Kostadinski 1 shot 7-4 win
Nassen still out

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I hope Reid Dyck comes back from injury soon. I hear/read somewhere that he might be in the running for Team Canada at WJC.
I thought for a big guy there was alot of twine showing behind him vs USA at under 18s .I confess though that I have not saw much of him at all though till that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad