Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I wonder how long Lysell has to show it to get a call up. I’d be conservative but you want to reward the guy to.
Where though? Are you bumping JVR from the top 9? I am not. I am also not calling Lysell up for a 4th line audition. I think injury is the only path for him this year. If he increases that pace and forces the hand of management, good for him, but it would take a lot.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I wonder how long Lysell has to show it to get a call up. I’d be conservative but you want to reward the guy to.

They don't have the cap space to call him up. The currently have $55k in cap space with a 23 man roster. They could send Steen or Brown down, but they're only an $800k cap hit. That gives Boston $855k in cap space....but Lysell is a $863k cap hit

Reactions: Gordoff and PB37

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

He's been hot for the last 5 games in terms of scoring. So that is part of what is necessary to get him to the NHL. Not sure if the rest of his game is there yet. But I do think we need to see more than a 5 game hot streak before we even consider promoting him. You are going to have to take a good NHL player out of the lineup to give him a spot.

Steen was great last night but I would love a look at Lysell while we have the injuries.

Can Steen still go back down without having to clear waivers again? Looks like His 30 day window may have expired, or expires today

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Where though? Are you bumping JVR from the top 9? I am not. I am also not calling Lysell up for a 4th line audition. I think injury is the only path for him this year. If he increases that pace and forces the hand of management, good for him, but it would take a lot.
I'd probably sit Geekie. He's working hard which is great but he's made some weird plays on offense recently, passing to guys who are covered, making waist-high passes...

It's him or JVR and JVR is contributing more offensively.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They don't have the cap space to call him up. The currently have $55k in cap space with a 23 man roster. They could send Steen or Brown down, but they're only an $800k cap hit. That gives Boston $855k in cap space....but Lysell is a $863k cap hit
There's always a way

Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I don't think that's right. Capfriendly says we have $1.9m in "current cap space" thanks to the LTIR situation. So send down Brown to clear a roster spot and call up Lysell and they'll still have a little over $1.8m in cap space.
Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 9.34.44 AM.png

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Geekie is the guy most at risk in the top 9 of finding himself at 4RW at some point this season. Again, a few hot games isn’t enough, but if it continues at some point something would have to happen.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Geekie is the guy most at risk in the top 9 of finding himself at 4RW at some point this season. Again, a few hot games isn’t enough, but if it continues at some point something would have to happen.

I like Geekie but like you, I don't know if I like him in the top 9 at this point. He needs some more games before passing any judgement though. Its been up and down for him. But, and to the point of the thread, is Lysell the guy you call up if Geekie is demoted? I don't see Lysell going on a 3rd or 4th line and working out. It might well be that if JDB continues to struggle, Lysell is the guy you go to and see what happens.

Reactions: Gordoff and Kegs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
@saxoneric Has Lysell's "inside game" improved with his production?
Since he was called out on his perimeter only play a few games ago he's been motivated to get inside more
But also of note, he's winning his share of board battles and has been hustling back on D, along with elevating his line mates
Whether he's turned his frown upside down or he's back on program it's been a lovely turnaround for him

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like Geekie but like you, I don't know if I like him in the top 9 at this point. He needs some more games before passing any judgement though. Its been up and down for him. But, and to the point of the thread, is Lysell the guy you call up if Geekie is demoted? I don't see Lysell going on a 3rd or 4th line and working out. It might well be that if JDB continues to struggle, Lysell is the guy you go to and see what happens.

I could certainly see him as a puck mover on the third line with all the slow bodies we have. Honestly, the lines are still kind of a mess right now so who the f*** knows.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Since he was called out on his perimeter only play a few games ago he's been motivated to get inside more
But also of note, he's winning his share of board battles and has been hustling back on D, along with elevating his line mates
Whether he's turned his frown upside down or he's back on program it's been a lovely turnaround for him

You gotta love to see it.

I don't know that we have another prospect with a higher "ceiling", so if Lysell figures it all out we're sitting pretty.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Bruins could use some more impact play on the wings in the middle six

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Am I crazy or is this better than last year?

Last year was amazing and we will never see a team like that again. But as the season went on and you knew more and more that if they didn’t finish the job it was it… this year certainly takes the edge off and let’s you enjoy it more when there is also a future involved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad