Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XX - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I don`t , I think he is more engaged playing in the AHL than for his country. I`m not sure he really wants to be there playing for this coach, if he does like the coach, sure not showing on the ice
and that's okay? That's not the attitude Marchand had when he was in the Worlds. It speaks to character, or rather a lack of and that needs to improve.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He has the 9th highest ppg through 20 games in AHL history for a player his age.

It's certainly interesting. There seems to be some changes in utilization or better players going there more quickly. Like the look I am looking at might be slightly different, but 5 of the top 9 have happened in the last 3 years,

Reactions: wintersej

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
All the sweden games
We’ll I watched him in the AHL and he was just fine. Could it be that the KID just thought he was better than the tournament because he played ok in the minors. You know…. Something a youngster would do. You can’t teach skill. You can teach effort and work. If he doesn’t learn from that, then he will be a bust. I think he’ll be fine with time down there.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
We’ll I watched him in the AHL and he was just fine. Could it be that the KID just thought he was better than the tournament because he played ok in the minors. You know…. Something a youngster would do. You can’t teach skill. You can teach effort and work. If he doesn’t learn from that, then he will be a bust. I think he’ll be fine with time down there.

Yeah i agree

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Saturday Recap

Harvard lost 4-1 Langenbrunner the usual zeros

Lorhei 3 shots 6-0 win, he played 27:14 on Friday, probably around 20 last night

Gallagher -2 3-2 loss

McFaul zeros across the board 1-1 tie vs Holy Cross

BC won 4-2
Gasseau 1 assist 2 shots +1
Jellvik 1 assist 2 shots +1
Kuntar 3 shots +1 6 for 11 faceoffs

Schmaltz 2 shots 12 for 20 faceoffs 4-2 win

Olson 1 assist 3 shots 5-2 win
Spicer 1 shot 3 for 9 faceoffs

Dyck 29 saves going back to back for the 6-4 win
Swift Current is 🔥

Poitras 3 assists 4 shots +1 first 🌟 4-3 win

Edward 3 shots +1 3-0 win

Myrenberg 2 shots 6-5 OT loss

Mantykivi 4 shots 19:23 TOI 2-1 shootout win

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Sunday wrap

Svedebäck 18 saves 3-3 tie vs Army

Brunet 1 shot 6-4 loss

Mast 1 shot +4 5-2 win

Edward zeros 6-3 loss

Harrison 2 shots 6-3 win
Missed Mast's assist. He needs all the help he can get with Kyrou taking over all the offence time.😉

Curious If you caught the Windsor game Eric because I saw something I have never seen before. Harrison played center but was only 2 for 3 on the draw. Savard only had his line on the ice for 3 faceoffs the entire game. He kept putting them on on the fly to get the matchups he wanted. Never seen that before.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Missed Mast's assist. He needs all the help he can get with Kyrou taking over all the offence time.😉

Curious If you caught the Windsor game Eric because I saw something I have never seen before. Harrison played center but was only 2 for 3 on the draw. Savard only had his line on the ice for 3 faceoffs the entire game. He kept putting them on on the fly to get the matchups he wanted. Never seen that before.
Missed Sunday's game, watched Bullet Train on Netflix, it was ok

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Here are some blurbs as to what Scott Wheeler thinks of the player. I've skipped Lysell and Lohrei.

Poitras
The hope would be that he becomes and up-and-down-the-lineup type as a third-line guy with some skill.

Lauko
I think the upside remains about where I’ve always had it, which is as a serviceable call-up option but not likely much more than that. He’s one of those players who looks good whenever you watch him but will never really “wow” you, and has never really taken over as a dominant player at lower levels.

Merkulov
He looks like a AAAA guy to me. I think he’s going to play NHL games, but I’m just not sure if he’ll be a natural fit for either a top-six or bottom-six role (although the lines between those are definitely blurring these days).

Duran
He’s got the tools to become a fourth-line forward at the next level if he stays on his current track, and that’s good value out of a sixth-round pick.

Keyser
He’s a good goalie, though, and if he keeps at it he might well go from No. 4 to solid No. 3 and then maybe even No. 2 eventually.

Beecher
So while the Bruins probably hoped for a top-nine piece, I think it should have been hard for them to project him as more than a depth guy. He may still become a fourth-line go-getter, but there’s too much give-and-go reliance, too many bobbles of the puck and too little playmaking to project him as more than that at this point.

Harrison
The hope, when the Bruins drafted him in the third round, was, I’m sure, that he’d develop into a complementary depth scorer. But there are too many times in junior when it feels like he’s a volume shooter who doesn’t scare opponents, and you’ve got to scare opponents at that level to progress past it. He’s signed, so he’s going to get an opportunity in the AHL eventually. There’s work to be done though. He looked ordinary in my last trip out to Oshawa to watch him.

Kuntar
My main concern is that he’s not going to have the skill level to consistently get into those spots, nor the playmaking ability needed to be more than two-dimensional as a physical scorer. He may top out as an AHLer as a result (though I also wouldn’t be shocked if an NHL coach eventually grew fond enough of him to give him a look). He’s been consistently good this year and is actually probably owed a couple of more goals, given the volume and quality of the looks he gets game-to-game.

Myrenberg
I’ve liked what I’ve seen out of him in the second-tier Allsvenskan as a teenager this season. He probably tops out as a No. 5-7, and he may just become a good mid-level pro, but every organization needs those guys. I considered ranking him a little higher here and he may well slot higher this time next year.

Brunet
He’s got work to do to fill out and continue to round out his game physically and defensively, but I like his odds of earning a deal and you take it from there. He’s a smooth, smart player.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
ut he’s not a burner as a skater, he’s not lethal as a scorer, he’s not dynamic as a handler and I just wonder if he tops out as a good AHL/SHL level player long term.

Gallagher
And while his skill is fine, he’s not a dynamic skater nor playmaker, so the shot is the only real weapon there. I expect he’ll spend all four years in college and earn an NHL or AHL contract.

DiPietro
He has also always been a beloved teammate because of his charismatic, high-energy personality. And while there are still times when mid-danger shots sneak through his body more than they should, or his activeness in the net puts him out of position, he has made enough progress on both fronts to continue to warrant mention here, even if his odds are lengthening.

I considered ranking towering Sarnia defenceman Ryan Mast, hard-working and skilled Ilves forward Matias Mantykivi, NTDP alum Cole Spicer and Latvian Lulea forward Dans Locmelis over Michael DiPietro here, and they’re all equal or better prospects then a small handful of the players who appeared at the end of the Avalanche and Lightning rankings.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not giving up on him yet, but it was simply disappointing.

But that does bring up the question of why so bad at the Worlds when you'd think he'd be at his best?

But I'm not giving up on him yet.
It’s the maturity of the rest of his game. He has talent that is apparent even when he didn’t score in this past WJC. You can see the slickness especially his skating. From what I have seen it’s his free roaming (not following the system) and defensive positioning that gets him in trouble.

Points aren’t enough to get him to the NHL we have seen players dominate AHL and never make it, but I am fully sure they are working the rest of his game out and he just needs time mature other aspects of his game. He does this the Bruins will have a special player, if not he’ll be on the scrap heap with all the other potentials throughout the league.

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The week so far update

Gallagher 1 shot +1 6-2 win over U-Mass, good win for BU but super frustrating watching Ty and his D Zone only starts, the peer group is working on his TOI, might be time to hit the transfer portal...

Next game I watched was Guelph vs Hamilton
4-1 win for the Storm,Poitras 1 assist 2 shots-1
Was nice to listen to Reed Duthie again

Finally Reid Dyck and Swift Current, he made 28 saves in a 5-3 loss,I'm old enough to remember the WHL was the place to find big ,mean Dman
Can anyone point me in the right direction where they might be? Defensively that league is in shambles
For Dyck it was the usual, nice athletic saves followed by leaky goals and subpar technique

Also
DiPietro 19 saves 7-2 win

Myrenberg 2 shots +1 5-4 SO win

Locmelis plays Friday and is no longer on Youngstowns roster

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It’s the maturity of the rest of his game. He has talent that is apparent even when he didn’t score in this past WJC. You can see the slickness especially his skating. From what I have seen it’s his free roaming (not following the system) and defensive positioning that gets him in trouble.

Points aren’t enough to get him to the NHL we have seen players dominate AHL and never make it, but I am fully sure they are working the rest of his game out and he just needs time mature other aspects of his game. He does this the Bruins will have a special player, if not he’ll be on the scrap heap with all the other potentials throughout the league.
I think he is one of those fellas whose bodies are on a slower maturation time line. The thing I noticed was his skating. There’s almost no way lysell isn’t an nhl talent. In a couple of years I wouldn’t be shocked to see him put up 15-20 g in the nhl. We will see. I love the WJC but I don’t put that much stock into it. It’s a very short tournament.

Reactions: mar2kbos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad