Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XX - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I know he plays either side, but for those who've been watching Providence, has Lysell been playing more LW or RW? With how tight our cap space will be next year, I imagine that he's a guy the team can make the jump.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Week in review

On Tuesday Brunet 1 assist 2 shots +1 6-1 win
The next day he was traded to Victoriaville

Also on Tuesday Poitras vs Edward went down,3-2 victory for the Knights
Poitras was steam rolled by Edward but he bounced back up though he was clearly feeling the effects, finished the game with 2 shots +1
Edward 2 assists 2 shots +2,I love watching him play,he is Mr Excitement out there,long way to go though

As reported earlier Harrison was traded to Windsor and the tender loving care of one Marc Savard ,on Wednesday they won 5-2 ,Harrison with 1 goal 1 assist 4 shots +2 3rd 🌟

Locmelis finished his World Juniors campaign with another goal vs Austria, Latvia did want they needed to do and survived in the top group for another year
Locmelis 1 shot 1 goal 17:52 TOI
Back to the J20 or USHL?

Myrenberg 1 shot 3-1 win Wednesday

Mantykivi on Wednesday 1-0 OT loss 3 shots 18:01 TOI
Mantykivi on Thursday 4-3 SO loss 4 shots +1 18:48 TOI

For all the Victor Berglund fans out there , 1 goal 3 assists in 4 games

After missing 2 plus months Kyle Keyser returned with Maine ,18 saves 3-2 win

I know he plays either side, but for those who've been watching Providence, has Lysell been playing more LW or RW? With how tight our cap space will be next year, I imagine that he's a guy the team can make the jump.
RW mostly

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think where Lysell is struggling right now is actually where some scouts took issue with him.

Now its up to him to improve there.
I don`t , I think he is more engaged playing in the AHL than for his country. I`m not sure he really wants to be there playing for this coach, if he does like the coach, sure not showing on the ice

The kid will be totally fine though

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I don`t , I think he is more engaged playing in the AHL than for his country. I`m not sure he really wants to be there playing for this coach, if he does like the coach, sure not showing on the ice

The kid will be totally fine though
Kids a beaut

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
He was a ppg in the wjc last year and is producing against men now. More likely this is a rough short stretch than “he’s a total and complete bust”
I'm not giving up on him yet, but it was simply disappointing.

He has 19 points in 20 games at the AHL level thus far. You don’t luck into being a point short of a PPG at the AHL level, which is superior to a 20 and under tournament.
But that does bring up the question of why so bad at the Worlds when you'd think he'd be at his best?

But I'm not giving up on him yet.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm not giving up on him yet, but it was simply disappointing.

But that does bring up the question of why so bad at the Worlds when you'd think he'd be at his best?

But I'm not giving up on him yet.

Ah so yesterdays:

“This kid is going to have to improve a LOT to avoid being a complete draft bust.”

take was just an overreaction to the nth degree?

Reactions: Kegs

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Week in review

On Tuesday Brunet 1 assist 2 shots +1 6-1 win
The next day he was traded to Victoriaville

Also on Tuesday Poitras vs Edward went down,3-2 victory for the Knights
Poitras was steam rolled by Edward but he bounced back up though he was clearly feeling the effects, finished the game with 2 shots +1
Edward 2 assists 2 shots +2,I love watching him play,he is Mr Excitement out there,long way to go though

As reported earlier Harrison was traded to Windsor and the tender loving care of one Marc Savard ,on Wednesday they won 5-2 ,Harrison with 1 goal 1 assist 4 shots +2 3rd 🌟

Locmelis finished his World Juniors campaign with another goal vs Austria, Latvia did want they needed to do and survived in the top group for another year
Locmelis 1 shot 1 goal 17:52 TOI
Back to the J20 or USHL?

Myrenberg 1 shot 3-1 win Wednesday

Mantykivi on Wednesday 1-0 OT loss 3 shots 18:01 TOI
Mantykivi on Thursday 4-3 SO loss 4 shots +1 18:48 TOI

For all the Victor Berglund fans out there , 1 goal 3 assists in 4 games

After missing 2 plus months Kyle Keyser returned with Maine ,18 saves 3-2 win

RW mostly

So Berglund is a ppg? I wonder why he wasn't panning out with Prov. Any context there?

Also--I think we'd benefit as a fan base if we just forget about the WJC. Our guys who watch Lysell in Providence have been generally happy with him all year, and the stats don't lie. He's got warts, absolutely, but I genuinely think he's going to develop into a solid 2 way winger with very high upside re: his playmaking.

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So Berglund is a ppg? I wonder why he wasn't panning out with Prov. Any context there?

Also--I think we'd benefit as a fan base if we just forget about the WJC. Our guys who watch Lysell in Providence have been generally happy with him all year, and the stats don't lie. He's got warts, absolutely, but I genuinely think he's going to develop into a solid 2 way winger with very high upside re: his playmaking.
They basically threw him to the curb this season
Was an average AHL defender with some upside last few years
Strange

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Ah so yesterdays:

“This kid is going to have to improve a LOT to avoid being a complete draft bust.”

take was just an overreaction to the nth degree?
No, I do think he needs to "improve a LOT" from where he is now. I'm just not going to give up on his ability to do that until he's older. At his age he can still get there.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I'm not though because this is the best against the best and a real tournament like this is where you see the fortitude and character of the people in it.
Chechia is the group that really impressed me all tournament. Lots of bigger guys and players more suited to the NHL. Jirichek is going to be dominant. McAvoy like.

Lysell, showed me very little all tournament long.

Unfortunately I don't get to see Providence games so I can't comment. I hope it's better than at this tournament.

This is peak HFBoards. Lysell in his draft + 1 year completely drove the offense for a bad vancouver team and was a demon in the WHL playoffs, followed that up with a PPG performance at WJC last summer, is the straw that stirs the drink on one of the best teams in the AHL in his draft +2 year and is scoring at a somewhat historic pace for a player his age in that league. But he has a somewhat rough tournament for a team who has largely underperformed under their current administration where he hit 4 posts and he's a bust and you admit that you haven't seen him play other than those games.

you watched him play 7 games and declare him a bust. l - o - l

I don't know what Lysell is going to be and because I don't have a great sense of it, I avoid making declarative statements about him or anyone I dont have a great feel for, honestly.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
This is peak HFBoards. Lysell in his draft + 1 year completely drove the offense for a bad vancouver team and was a demon in the WHL playoffs, followed that up with a PPG performance at WJC last summer, is the straw that stirs the drink on one of the best teams in the AHL in his draft +2 year and is scoring at a somewhat historic pace for a player his age in that league. But he has a somewhat rough tournament for a team who has largely underperformed under their current administration where he hit 4 posts and he's a bust and you admit that you haven't seen him play other than those games.

you watched him play 7 games and declare him a bust. l - o - l

I don't know what Lysell is going to be and because I don't have a great sense of it, I avoid making declarative statements about him or anyone I dont have a great feel for, honestly.
I agree with almost all, though, I wonder what you mean by by the bolded. He’s doing well but “somewhat historic” sounds like some major hyperbole.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Friday Night Recap

Langenbrunner 2 shots 4-3 OT win

Svedebäck 21 saves 2-0 loss,woeful effort from PC, Duran DNP injured

Lorhei 2 assists 1 shot 3-1 win

Gallagher 1 assist 1 shot +2 5-1 win

Olson 3 shots +1 1-1 tie
Spicer 5 shots 6 for 12 faceoffs

Schmaltz 2 shots -1 7 for 12 faceoffs

Keyser 29 saves 5-4 OT win,he's 2-0
DiPietro backup

Brunet 1 assist 4-3 shootout win

Edward 1 assist +2 5-1 win, Mr Excitement had some PP time and played a strong defensive game

Mast +1 as they pummeled Windsor 7-1
Harrison 1 assist -4

Poitras 1 assist 1 shot +1 7-2 win

Dyck 17 saves in a 5-4 shootout win, typical game from Dyke, some A+ saves and some leaky goals, ugly hockey game

Myrenberg zeros 5-1 win

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I agree with almost all, though, I wonder what you mean by by the bolded. He’s doing well but “somewhat historic” sounds like some major hyperbole.
He’s all time top 10 in scoring in the AHL for players of his age. Or at least was a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I listened to the podcast. I still disagree but my response will be more nuanced if your interested in discussion.

@BruinsNetwork did speak at length about Beecher and it was excellent. However I doubt he’d support your premise that Frederic is the floor for Beecher. Let’s review.

First the positives.
First thing I recall Anthony mentioning. Beecher is a physical specimen; just elite physically. I don’t recall the first reference but the comparable player he mentions multiple times is Coyle.
As known Beecher is also elite in transition. Here’s the deeper thing he wasn’t just top on his, elite and loaded team, he was top across the NCAA. I think he said number 1, but, check that. He makes the point that, in a tight spot where your getting hemmed in, you can just roll this guy out and reap the benefits of his transition. He can’t take every face off, but, he could stem the flow every 2nd or 3rd shift disrupting those onslaughts.
Beecher’s speed is also elite in professional hockey and that includes the NHL. He is a phenomenal skater.

On the other hand.
Though Beecher has scored at a half a point level everywhere so far Anthony didn’t take the bait when asked if he’d be a better NHL scorer then at the AHL. Anthony wouldn’t be surprised if Beecher achieves 30 but I think he said 40 would be a surprise. Frederic is currently playing at about a 35 point pace.
When speculating on value he throws out that he may someday get a 6x2.5 deal. For reference Sean Kuraly signed 4x2.5 million dollar contract with CBJ.
Assertiveness. There is a long conversation about assertiveness being a required area of growth. Some people hear how strong he is and how fast he is and they think of a larger Marchand wreaking havoc along the boards. That’s not Beecher. Like Kuraly he will physically underwhelm us. I will try to see if he is positionally elite like Kuraly was and Bergeron is. I don’t need him to be a wrecking ball. But Anthony alluded to this lack of assertiveness as limiting him offensively and referenced the lapses in Coyle’s offense from time to time. Also mentions how even Hall sometimes forgets how strong he is out there.

Anyhow Kuraly has always been my comparable. I think Anthony’s words reinforce that sentiment for me. I think he could be better than Kuraly. I also think it’s possible he won’t be.

I think Frederic is more valuable then this type of player. I guess you can make an argument that a better Kuraly does exceed the value of present day Frederic. Id disagree in regards to the present day version. I look forward to Frederic’s growth. I see Coyle as his ceiling which I don’t see as plausible for Beecher in terms of production.

Please let me know where we disagree and we can continue the start a discussion.
I understand no conversation is forthcoming but watching Frederick score 2 more on the 3rd line with no Hall against the LA Kings was not just a byproduct of Hall’s play.

So what is Frederic. Today he is a 35 point contributing 3rd liner fully established and entrenched via his play this season. In terms of what I think he can become I have every expectation he will still grow. I see 80% likely he’s a consistent 40-45 point power forward with 15-20 goals per season. I see a 20% chance that he exceeds that value with a ceiling of 2nd line 200 foot core contributer.

Again I don’t even think he is a comparable for the player in question never mind the floor for that player.

He’s all time top 10 in scoring in the AHL for players of his age. Or at least was a couple weeks ago.
Thank you that is good context and I no longer see it as hyperbolic at all.

Reactions: Bodit9

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I understand no conversation is forthcoming but watching Frederick score 2 more on the 3rd line with no Hall against the LA Kings was not just a byproduct of Hall’s play.

So what is Frederic. Today he is a 35 point contributing 3rd liner fully established and entrenched via his play this season. In terms of what I think he can become I have every expectation he will still grow. I see 80% likely he’s a consistent 40-45 point power forward with 15-20 goals per season. I see a 20% chance that he exceeds that value with a ceiling of 2nd line 200 foot core contributer.

Again I don’t even think he is a comparable for the player in question never mind the floor for that player.

Thank you that is good context and I no longer see it as hyperbolic at all.
I think I overstated Beecher. Floor of Frederic was too aggressive, especially with how Freddy has played the past few weeks.

I do think there’s a bit of a a parallel with Frederic - he got killed on this board for years for a lack of offensive production. If last year I had said his floor was Freddy people would have hated that.

As we see over and over with bigger forwards, it takes a bit longer for them to develop quite often. What Beecher has is elite skating for a player of his size, which is obviously sizeable. He’s an excellent defensive forward and excellent at transition. There’s no reason he couldn’t develop into a third line forward.

But again, I would place his floor below Frederic at this point - I went a bit too far there.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Dans Locmelis (F, Boston Bruins): Stays with plays. Shifty on cuts through holes. Big in big moments (including the shootout against the Swiss, when he was the only Latvian to score). Keeps his feet moving. Good speed (above average). Pushes. Great instincts off the puck, including on the penalty kill. Their best player offensively.

Fabian Lysell (F, Boston Bruins): Played with pace early on. Keeping his feet moving. So difficult to trap and contain at this level when he does. Put a lot of defenders on their heels. Drew a couple of penalties playing through contact and spinning away from reaching defenders. Dancing one-on-one (though he could stand to simplify instead of always trying to hero it at times). So slippery leaping and sliding past checks. Backchecking. But then he got injured in first period of Game 3 and he was entirely unimpressive when he returned, ultimately getting benched in three-on-three OT (a place he normally thrives because of his speed). Body language didn’t look good when things began to come undone, too, and then he was ejected from the bronze medal game on his first shift for checking to the head. Finished the tournament with zero points as a returnee — and after playing well with Providence in the AHL coming in.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Friday Night Recap

Langenbrunner 2 shots 4-3 OT win

Svedebäck 21 saves 2-0 loss,woeful effort from PC, Duran DNP injured

Lorhei 2 assists 1 shot 3-1 win

Gallagher 1 assist 1 shot +2 5-1 win

Olson 3 shots +1 1-1 tie
Spicer 5 shots 6 for 12 faceoffs

Schmaltz 2 shots -1 7 for 12 faceoffs

Keyser 29 saves 5-4 OT win,he's 2-0
DiPietro backup

Brunet 1 assist 4-3 shootout win

Edward 1 assist +2 5-1 win, Mr Excitement had some PP time and played a strong defensive game

Mast +1 as they pummeled Windsor 7-1
Harrison 1 assist -4

Poitras 1 assist 1 shot +1 7-2 win

Dyck 17 saves in a 5-4 shootout win, typical game from Dyke, some A+ saves and some leaky goals, ugly hockey game

Myrenberg zeros 5-1 win
Interestingly, Marc Savard has taken Harrison off the one-timer spot on the right side and moved him to the left side half wall taking away his one-time shot which is a weapon. I have yet to figure out why.

Also, PP is not new for Edward. He leads Knights defenceman in pp time although it's close.

Really curious to see how Victoriaville uses Brunet moving forward. I can't see him continuing to average 27 minutes per game on that team like he did in Rimouski.

Mast use to get a lot of PP time. That's gone down to zero since they acquired Christian Kyrou. Still tops in PK time though.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I do think there’s a bit of a a parallel with Frederic - he got killed on this board for years for a lack of offensive production. If last year I had said his floor was Freddy people would have hated that.

I could not agree more.

As we see over and over with bigger forwards, it takes a bit longer for them to develop quite often. What Beecher has is elite skating for a player of his size, which is obviously sizeable. He’s an excellent defensive forward and excellent at transition. There’s no reason he couldn’t develop into a third line forward.

Again, I agree.

But again, I would place his floor below Frederic at this point - I went a bit too far there.

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad