Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XX - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Here's who I have at the Prospect Challenge so far. I'm surprised @ODAAT hasn't been here talking about Brayden Schuurman yet. Small guy at just 5'9" but man can he shoot the puck. Plays center and right wing.

Prospect Challenge Roster.PNG

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Here's who I have at the Prospect Challenge so far. I'm surprised @ODAAT hasn't been here talking about Brayden Schuurman yet. Small guy at just 5'9" but man can he shoot the puck. Plays center and right wing.

View attachment 581856
Hi Dom, I have mentioned him in previous threads, kid is a gamer, as you mentioned, small but is a leader here in Victoria, also as you mentioned, can shoot like nobodies business. Played more C than wing this past year but real fun kid to watch

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I wonder if we are all underestimating McLaughlin, a bit
not sure if it`s a case of underestimating but more of one that he`s a kid with a small but solid sample size and who knows where he`ll be able to slide in to help? I like him, like him alot, always have time for a hard working player. Kid thinks the game well, still some areas of improvement needed defensively but also feels like he`s a kid always pushing himself to improve

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
McLaughlin... next DiMaio or something more.? $20 on a DiMaio type career for me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
McLaughlin... next DiMaio or something more.? $20 on a DiMaio type career for me.
DiMaio played from like 88-06 (894 games), if McLaughlin plays half as many games it’s a major win for an UDFA signing

Doesn’t strike me to be particularly creative and he isn’t an explosive skater, I have a hard time envisioning him in a top 6 role ever. His shot is terrific and he works his ass off though so I bet he establishes himself as a bottom 6 guy for awhile. And if he doesn’t then it won’t be because of effort.

Stranger things have happened though, maybe he turns into a Knuble-type that can slot up in the lineup as the 3rd guy on a line.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I know they need to push content, but what part of this interview does Marinofsky think is "interesting"? 1,000 prospects in the same position have said pretty much the same thing 1,000 times.

I didn't listen to the full interview yet, but ya its pretty generic comments from the clip in the Tweet.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
I know they need to push content, but what part of this interview does Marinofsky think is "interesting"? 1,000 prospects in the same position have said pretty much the same thing 1,000 times.
I had the same thought. I would have rather heard about how Fabian is settling in to Boston (has he been training at Warrior? How does his training now compare to previous offseasons? Is he living on his own or with a teammate?) and gauge his attitude on possibly playing in Providence. That would give us a better sense of how he is preparing for the upcoming season. Asking which players he likes and what restaurants he's been to adds nothing of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad