Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XX - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I would encourage those interested in Beecher to listen to Bruins Network on the Short Shift Podcast (does a huge breakdown of lots of prospects). Episode 102.
I'm a huge fan of BruinsNetwork, I have not yet heard the podcast, it would be very hard for me to come away with this belief. He could be the Grezclyk of defenseman. I could imagine an uber Sean Kuraly, I could imagine him being more productive in the NHL then the AHL eventually. I cannot imagine that I come away believing that third line NHL contributor is his Floor. I like the prospect, and I have read a lot of positive reviews, on speed, transition and hockey sense. If he becomes a better 4th liner then Kuraly and/or Nosek, I would be thrilled. Not saying he can't be more. And definitely not seeing it as a given that he achieves what Frederic has. I don't mean it as a slight.

Reactions: CDJ

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'm a huge fan of BruinsNetwork, I have not yet heard the podcast, it would be very hard for me to come away with this belief. He could be the Grezclyk of defenseman. I could imagine an uber Sean Kuraly, I could imagine him being more productive in the NHL then the AHL eventually. I cannot imagine that I come away believing that third line NHL contributor is his Floor. I like the prospect, and I have read a lot of positive reviews, on speed, transition and hockey sense. If he becomes a better 4th liner then Kuraly and/or Nosek, I would be thrilled. Not saying he can't be more. And definitely not seeing it as a given that he achieves what Frederic has. I don't mean it as a slight.

I would encourage those interested in Beecher to listen to Bruins Network on the Short Shift Podcast (does a huge breakdown of lots of prospects). Episode 102.
I listened to the podcast. I still disagree but my response will be more nuanced if your interested in discussion.

@BruinsNetwork did speak at length about Beecher and it was excellent. However I doubt he’d support your premise that Frederic is the floor for Beecher. Let’s review.

First the positives.
First thing I recall Anthony mentioning. Beecher is a physical specimen; just elite physically. I don’t recall the first reference but the comparable player he mentions multiple times is Coyle.
As known Beecher is also elite in transition. Here’s the deeper thing he wasn’t just top on his, elite and loaded team, he was top across the NCAA. I think he said number 1, but, check that. He makes the point that, in a tight spot where your getting hemmed in, you can just roll this guy out and reap the benefits of his transition. He can’t take every face off, but, he could stem the flow every 2nd or 3rd shift disrupting those onslaughts.
Beecher’s speed is also elite in professional hockey and that includes the NHL. He is a phenomenal skater.

On the other hand.
Though Beecher has scored at a half a point level everywhere so far Anthony didn’t take the bait when asked if he’d be a better NHL scorer then at the AHL. Anthony wouldn’t be surprised if Beecher achieves 30 but I think he said 40 would be a surprise. Frederic is currently playing at about a 35 point pace.
When speculating on value he throws out that he may someday get a 6x2.5 deal. For reference Sean Kuraly signed 4x2.5 million dollar contract with CBJ.
Assertiveness. There is a long conversation about assertiveness being a required area of growth. Some people hear how strong he is and how fast he is and they think of a larger Marchand wreaking havoc along the boards. That’s not Beecher. Like Kuraly he will physically underwhelm us. I will try to see if he is positionally elite like Kuraly was and Bergeron is. I don’t need him to be a wrecking ball. But Anthony alluded to this lack of assertiveness as limiting him offensively and referenced the lapses in Coyle’s offense from time to time. Also mentions how even Hall sometimes forgets how strong he is out there.

Anyhow Kuraly has always been my comparable. I think Anthony’s words reinforce that sentiment for me. I think he could be better than Kuraly. I also think it’s possible he won’t be.

I think Frederic is more valuable then this type of player. I guess you can make an argument that a better Kuraly does exceed the value of present day Frederic. Id disagree in regards to the present day version. I look forward to Frederic’s growth. I see Coyle as his ceiling which I don’t see as plausible for Beecher in terms of production.

Please let me know where we disagree and we can continue the start a discussion.

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Sunday wrap

Langenbrunner 2 shots +1 8-4 win over Northeastern, Mason's shift deployments are a bit erratic, he'll go what seems like 10 minutes without seeing the ice to every other shift for the next 5
He played well , beautiful skater

Harrison 1 assist 5 shots -1 6-1 loss

Reactions: Raleighfern

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Here is your TSN schedule for Bruins prospects for January

Jan 13 Oshawa @ Kitchener 7:30 pm (if Harrison is still a General)
Jan 20 Peterborough @ Guelph

Also

Jan 25 is the Top Prospects game.

On February 12 there is Sarnia @ London for Mast vs Edward part 3

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Just watching Lysell take high sticking penalty in last 2 mins of game because he let Finn take position on him to avoid being hit.He has to man up he wants to be effective in NHL because that will not fly.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Just watching Lysell take high sticking penalty in last 2 mins of game because he let Finn take position on him to avoid being hit.He has to man up he wants to be effective in NHL because that will not fly.
Yes he’s been pathetic in this tournament. There is concerns all over his game. Seems like a skill guy that just isn’t that skilled against top opposition. I hope I’m wrong but he does not look to me like an nhl talent.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Yes he’s been pathetic in this tournament. There is concerns all over his game. Seems like a skill guy that just isn’t that skilled against top opposition. I hope I’m wrong but he does not look to me like an nhl talent.

He's a PPG in the AHL vs men.

Honestly, IDK what it is but he never seems to have chemistry with ANY of his linemates in Sweden outside of Isak Rosen. He had a respectable point total over the summer at WJC.

I think he will be a good NHL player IMO

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
Exactly what I wanted.

Hearing Poitras may be on the move there as well. Guelph is going to blow it up already trading Zhilkin
i've been following harrison since we drafted him and was aware you thought he might be moved. i'm curious what you think of the return for him? i had a limited view on junior trade returns.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
i've been following harrison since we drafted him and was aware you thought he might be moved. i'm curious what you think of the return for him? i had a limited view on junior trade returns.
6 draft picks is a huge return. Oshawa did very well.

I'm hoping Savvy uses him in the middle with Colton Smith on the left and Matthew Maggio on the right. That line would dominate.

There's a wrinkle though.

Hearing Matthew Poitras is available.

Also hearing Windsor is in on Poitras but so is Sarnia who were in on Harrison and lost out.

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
6 draft picks is a huge return. Oshawa did very well.

I'm hoping Savvy uses him in the middle with Colton Smith on the left and Matthew Maggio on the right. That line would dominate.

There's a wrinkle though.

Hearing Matthew Poitras is available.

Also hearing Windsor is in on Poitras but so is Sarnia who were in on Harrison and lost out.
why do you like him at center more than wing? i know you mentioned he's been playing more wing this year.

i'm assuming you'd like to see poitras with mast?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
why do you like him at center more than wing? i know you mentioned he's been playing more wing this year.

i'm assuming you'd like to see poitras with mast?
I just want to see what Savard can do with him in the middle. Savvy has really been developing guys in Windsor and the Bruins need guys who can play the middle.

As for Poitras I just want him out of Guelph. They're winning right now and Poitras has been centering the top line, but he has taken zero defensive zone draws tonight so far. That's not developing

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
I just want to see what Savard can do with him in the middle. Savvy has really been developing guys in Windsor and the Bruins need guys who can play the middle.

As for Poitras I just want him out of Guelph. They're winning right now and Poitras has been centering the top line, but he has taken zero defensive zone draws tonight so far. That's not developing
thanks, i always appreciate your perspective

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Lysell didn't play the final 10 minutes of regulation nor the 9 minutes of OT in today's semi-final vs. Czechia.
On one hand, it's pretty outrageous that he didn't get a single shift during 3-on-3. He's been electric in OT for Providence so you would think that would be the time for him to shine.
On the other hand, he flat out stunk during the first 2.5 periods today. He couldn't keep the puck on his stick. He was trying to pass/shoot pucks thru defenders (unsuccessfully). He was pretty passive defensively. So I don't entirely blame the coach if he was, in fact, benched.
One has to wonder if Fabian has been feeling the effects of the illness that caused him to leave the round robin game vs. Czechia last week because he has not looked like himself ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad