Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XX - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
It's Koppanen. He's been a likeable and effective bottom-6 guy in Providence. Footspeed a big issue, not necessarily the greatest passer either

I wonder how Wissman ends up looking.
Happens all the time....a player gets mentioned 3 pages back, then gets referredto as he and I have no idea who the hell they are talking about ....

Kappanen....let's hope he turns into Knuble!

Wissman....I have no clue at all what to expect

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Luke Toporowski was a fairly highly touted prospect in his first draft eligible year. He was expected to go anywhere in the 2nd to 4th round range...played in the Hlinka with Kaliyev, Robertson and others.

First ever Quad City, IA native to sign a pro deal.

I wonder why teams passed on him. Another undersized kid who likes to score. Dom...anything on him?

When you look at him, Ryan Humphrey, James Hardie and Brayden Schurmann - all CHL scoring forwards - the Bruins' scouts are mining for uncut gems in the CHL.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Luke Toporowski was a fairly highly touted prospect in his first draft eligible year. He was expected to go anywhere in the 2nd to 4th round range...played in the Hlinka with Kaliyev, Robertson and others.

First ever Quad City, IA native to sign a pro deal.

I wonder why teams passed on him. Another undersized kid who likes to score. Dom...anything on him?

When you look at him, Ryan Humphrey, James Hardie and Brayden Schurmann - all CHL scoring forwards - the Bruins' scouts are mining for uncut gems in the CHL.

Looking at his stat sheet, he looks like a guy that stagnated after the 2019-20 season. That's the way it goes for most prospects.

He did show a pickup late last year though so maybe there's something there.

If you're a team that likes him, you've got to be hoping he's like a prospect Jake Debrusk -- a guy who never adjusted to pandemic life -- and now that it's over he could have another gear.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Looking at his stat sheet, he looks like a guy that stagnated after the 2019-20 season. That's the way it goes for most prospects.

If you're a team that likes him, you've got to be hoping he's like a prospect Jake Debrusk -- a guy who never adjusted to pandemic life -- and now that it's over he could have another gear.
Perhaps he never took a huge leap year over year, until last year maybe, but he improved his point totals in every year except when the season was shortened and he moved over to the USHL. My question has more to do with his draft year (18-19). Leading up to that he was definitely highly touted and had been for a while. While most 5'9" players need to put up gawdy stats in order to get their name called on draft day, this kid was known as a pest and aggressive forechecker. So, again, just surprised he was overlooked. His junior stats (eerily similar to #63) are below as well as an interesting article.

1663184568284.png

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

I remember watching Tops in his rookie yr and his 2nd year in the Dub

He really impressed me in his 2nd year. His motor was non stop, he was tenacious on the puck and you could see he was hungry for offence. He also did not shy away from the dirty areas being a smaller player. I remember saying to myself he would make a good Bruin.

if any of these dudes want to stick they are going to have to bring it each and every shift. I’m pulling for each and every one of these kids to make a difference and move the needle for us. There is opportunity.

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
Not sure if it’s been asked already, any chance Rookie camp at Warrior is open to the public? Was thinking of swinging by with my little one tomorrow if so

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
https://eprinkside.com/2022/09/13/ranking-the-nhls-top-100-affiliated-prospects-in-2022-skaters.

Fabian Lysell was the only Bruins prospect making Eliteprospects/EPrinkside top 100 affiliated prospects this week. Pretty good making the list at #36 for Fabian.
Mason Lohrei made the Honorable Mentioned list only. EP never liked anything Bruins draft prospects anyway but this was the best in quite some time.
36Lysell-1663049063-1024.jpg

This was a tale of two seasons for Fabian Lysell. Early on, he was hyper-focused on beating defenders wide with his superior speed and handling skill. It often left him trapped in corners. By season’s end, he was one of the WHL’s best at changing pace and getting inside. Even without the puck, he’s a dynamic player through the non-stop motion, intelligent supporting sprints, and non-stop pressure. He’s far from a finished product, as he still hunts the perfect play, often killing other opportunities in the process.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Missing some forwards...

it was our good friend @DominicT who pointed out to us Brayden Schuurman was a camp invite which wasn`t reported here locally. Kid is a gamer with the Victoria Royals, watch out for the sublime shot.

On another note, pass along all healthy and positive thoughts to Dom who reported on twitter he was in the hospital, truly one of the greats on here with so much information and great knowledge of the game both on the ice and behind the scenes

StonedZboril

Jul 8, 2022
it was our good friend @DominicT who pointed out to us Brayden Schuurman was a camp invite which wasn`t reported here locally. Kid is a gamer with the Victoria Royals, watch out for the sublime shot.

On another note, pass along all healthy and positive thoughts to Dom who reported on twitter he was in the hospital, truly one of the greats on here with so much information and great knowledge of the game both on the ice and behind the scenes

Best of luck @DominicT. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad