Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XX - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Here is another freebie for you from the London Knights:

Ryan Mast (Sarnia) takes on Jackson Edward (London) - they play each other on back-to-backs

Edward for sure is dressing tonight - not sure on Mast yet

Matthew Poitras (Guelph) faces Brett Harrison (Oshawa) for the first time in their careers. Poitras is for sure dressing, don't know about Harrison yet. If he does, the two should see a lot of head-to-head TOI. They too play back-to-backs.

If I find a stream for this one, I will post it.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Have to say this about Frederic Brunet (the player not the poster. Sorry @The Fred Brunet Fan):

He really drives Rimouski's offence from the back end. It's always hard to say when a player had a fluky season and it's not the norm, but through 3 exhibition games I have to say the Bruins got this one right - even for the 132nd pick in the draft. He's a true PP quarterback.

Last night, a 3-2 victory and with a helper, he had as many shots or more than any two Rimouski players combined. And they weren't just at the goaltenders crest. Every one of them was with a purpose. Something the Bruins have lacked on the blueline.

This kid will finish over a point per game in the QMJHL this season. I would bet on it.

But one question remains that won't be answered for a couple of years: Will he make it to the NHL?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Have to say this about Frederic Brunet (the player not the poster. Sorry @The Fred Brunet Fan):

He really drives Rimouski's offence from the back end. It's always hard to say when a player had a fluky season and it's not the norm, but through 3 exhibition games I have to say the Bruins got this one right - even for the 132nd pick in the draft. He's a true PP quarterback.

Last night, a 3-2 victory and with a helper, he had as many shots or more than any two Rimouski players combined. And they weren't just at the goaltenders crest. Every one of them was with a purpose. Something the Bruins have lacked on the blueline.

This kid will finish over a point per game in the QMJHL this season. I would bet on it.

But one question remains that won't be answered for a couple of years: Will he make it to the NHL?

I’m going off EliteProspects position listing for this one since they have him as a D/C.

Do we know when he made the transition from forward to defense?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I’m going off EliteProspects position listing for this one since they have him as a D/C.

Do we know when he made the transition from forward to defense?
In the Q he was always a d-man. Two seasons ago he took some shifts in the Q on the wing, but I don't ever recall him playing an entire game on the wing. Last season I can recall one time where they used him as the net front guy on the PP.

In fairness, I didn't watch every single game so there may have been more.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Definitely the kind of player teams should be picking in the 5-7 rds. I'd rather take a guy who can score, and hope that he learns defense. Very few guys who can defend can later on learn to score.

Dans Locmelis season begins today with Lulea. Not sure if he's playing or already headed to Boston for rookie camp, but he is listed on the roster.

You can watch it here, but it's not free: https://www.svenskhockey.tv/en/game/63143ee94e906a19cb6b42f0
I don't know if he played, I can't find the rosters for the game, just the scoring so far (5-5 in the 3rd) and he's not listed with any goals or assists, so I'm guessing that he's not playing.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

How was his effort in his own zone last night?

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Definitely the kind of player teams should be picking in the 5-7 rds. I'd rather take a guy who can score, and hope that he learns defense. Very few guys who can defend can later on learn to score.

I don't know if he played, I can't find the rosters for the game, just the scoring so far (5-5 in the 3rd) and he's not listed with any goals or assists, so I'm guessing that he's not playing.
Here is the boxscores for Lulea's games so far.

Reactions: DominicT

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Here is the boxscores for Lulea's games so far.
That's the senior team. The game Dom was talking about was in the J20 junior league against Skelleftea. Dans wouldn't be playing for the big club at this point.

Looks like Locmelis did play today for the J20 team. No points in a 6-5 loss in the shootout. He did take the 1st penalty shot for Lulea but didn't score.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
That's the senior team. The game Dom was talking about was in the J20 junior league against Skelleftea. Dans wouldn't be playing for the big club at this point.

Looks like Locmelis did play today for the J20 team. No points in a 6-5 loss in the shootout. He did take the 1st penalty shot for Lulea but didn't score.
I posted it, because I did see his name on the roster, if you scroll down to Players, his name is there.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020

A friend of mine from Twitter (a local) immediately messaged me when the B's announced him, saying that he was the steal of the draft. So, now I am his #1 fan!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
How was his effort in his own zone last night?
Honestly he was fine. Still a work in progress but no glowing errors that would cause me concern. Looking back at notes I made last year, it looks like he has put in the necessary work.

If there is an area that I would like to see him continue to improve it is his shot. He gets it through, shoots with purpose, but he's not going to beat too many NHL goaltenders with it. Obviously when he adds some much needed muscle to that frame the power might increase on his shot.

There's hope here at least.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Couldn't agree more Doc, especially when it comes to defencemen.

You're going to miss more than you hit, but that's what swinging for a homerun at that point in the draft is all about.

Under Sweeney: Cameron Clarke is a bust at this point. Book is still open on Victor Berglund but I'm not holding my breath. Dustyn McFaul's offense never got off the ground after Junior A. Roman Bychkov just isn't getting any opportunity.

It's too early to tell on Mason Langenbrunner, Ty Gallagher and Ryan Mast, but they are trending in the right direction.

Brunet just seems to have it but still too early to say anything for sure. Edward, well they are trying to develop his offensive game in London this year and I never count anybody out from a Dale Hunter team this early.

I'd be satisfied with two out of that group making it.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Try the opposite. They’re strategy hasn’t paid off.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
too early to talk 2023 draft? Haha, my old season tix holder neighbor in Halifax tells me to keep a close eye on two kids, Ethan Gauthier RW with great hands and speed and C Matthieu Cataford....now, back to our prospects, thanks as always @DominicT for watching the 16 games daily for us:)
There is a 2023 draft thread that is separate from Bruins prospects.

Watched Mantykivi today though. No points through 4 games but he's always been a notoriously slow starter. He had an absolutely beautiful goal in the shootout though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad