Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XVI- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Saturday Night Recap
Please Mr Sweeney I can't take all this winning!
Lohrei 5 shots 3-2 win

Mcfaul 1 shot 14 minutes in penalties 3-0 win

Schmaltz 2 assist 1 shot 8 for 17 faceoffs 3-2 win

Olson 3 shots 1-0 win

Beecher 1 shot 5 for 8 faceoffs 4-1 win

Duran 1 goal 1 shot 2 for 3 faceoffs 4-0 win

Gallagher 4 shots -1 6-4 loss

Gasseau 1 shot 5-4 OT win
Langenbrunner the usual other than 4 minutes in penalties

Svedebäck injured

Mast 1 assist 4 shots +2 4-3 win

Lysell 1 goal 1 assist 4 shots #1 3-1 win

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Lysell just doesn’t allow himself to get pushed around or bullied and I really admire that about him. Not always the case with skill-reliant players, but Lysell certainly isn’t a pushover. I have no complaints about his edge.
Love to see it, especially from a smaller player.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
They’re legitimate prospects and I think each one has something to be excited over.

Lohrei and his overall package, including his size and offensive acumen.

Lysell and his compete, coupled with his game-breaking talent with the puck on his stick.

Harrison and his (still a work in progress) two-way presence, size and ability to put the puck in the net— he’s a natural scorer and score he does.

Beecher and his size, athleticism and speed, bundled with some bite and defensive acumen that has him making everyone’s job easier on a Michigan powerhouse.

Not sure Beecher will ever be a top-six forward, but I think he’s the type of rock-solid player that you can lock into a long-term deal for the bottom-six somewhere. A guy you want on your team and one that helps you win games. Perfect supporting role kind of guy and I say that as a good thing.

Not every guy can be a top-six sniper and you absolutely need guys like Beecher to build a contender or succeed in the playoffs. He looks really good these days.

Is Beecher closer to a Kuraly or Coyle?

Reactions: HustleB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Sunday night recap
Harrison 1 assist 1 shot -2 6-4 loss
He's back in action on Friday

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Is Beecher closer to a Kuraly or Coyle?

If you threw Kuraly, Coyle and Danault into a blender I think Beecher is what would come out. He's got the athleticism and agility of Coyle, the tenacity and hustle of Kuraly, but also the two-way prowess that someone like Danault has where he can be deployed against (and with) anyone on the roster and keep up with them, making solid reads and defensive plays.

I feel like a college player that doesn't put up gaudy numbers projects more to Kuraly or the 4th line; while the reports from experts suggest we should be looking forward to a Middle 6 Center. I am hoping the experts have nailed it on this one.

I mean, sure, but so far he's been .50 PPG as mostly a middle-six center. He's rarely ever been a fourth-line player for Michigan and is currently anchoring the third-line with Van Wyhe. Speaking of said player, he let a nice back-door feed from Beecher go unanswered this weekend, so it's not like the kid isn't making plays.

He's not exactly high up the PP depth chart, either, so most of his damage has to be done at 5-on-5. To understand what Beecher's game is, just simply go watch the replays of Michigan or check out the numerous clips I post. He's also been very compatible with two high-end prospects in Hughes and Power, making him even more versatile to a team's lineup.

Kuraly is a great comp for Beecher.

I wouldn't say it's a "great comp" unless you mean he is to Kuraly what Rolls Royce is to cars. Sure, similar uses on his current team, but Kuraly has never had the puck-carrying ability, hands or agility as Beecher.

I think even if Beecher is more of defensive, transition-focused center in the bottom-six at the next level, that he would be a luxury for a team to have in that setting. His tools are high-end and while he lacks creativity, this is a guy you'll absolutely want on your team in the NHL if he makes it. There's still plenty of value in having consistent, talented players in a bottom-six role.

Especially the very good defensive ones who succeed at the face-off dot, carry the puck up ice and tilt things in your direction on a consistent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad