Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XVI- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Last edited:
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Wednesday night recap

Gasseau back in action after missing a few games, they lost 3-2 , he had a couple of shots and finished a -1
Langenbrunner did the usual zeros across the board

Svedebäck was the backup, they won

Jack Becker 1 shot in a 4-3 loss, the guy we're really interested in had 1
goal and 1 assist..

Lysell had 3 shots in a 3-2 win in OT

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Friday's schedule

Providence vs Dartmouth 4pm NESN

Ohio State vs Mercyhurst 5pm

BC vs Notre Dame 7pm NBCSI,NBCch+CSNalt

Clarkson vs Wisconsin 8pm Bally Wisconsin

Arizona State vs Bemidji State 9pm

Minnesota Duluth vs Alaska 807pm

North Dakota vs Minnesota 807pm

Michigan vs Niagara 730pm

Fargo vs Tri City Storm 805pm Hockey TV

Dubuque vs Des Moines 805pm

Sarnia vs Flint 705pm

Oshawa vs Ottawa 735pm

Vancouver vs Tri City 1005pm

Reactions: kjpm

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I haven't caught too many Giants games lately but I saw a bit of the 1st period of Wednesday's game and they had Lysell playing on the 4th line and I think they even bumped him off the PP. The team has been struggling lately so it seems like maybe the coaches were trying to send a message. They did end up winning that game so I guess it worked.

Not sure what specifically they're looking for him to improve but if I had to guess I'd say they want better puck management and better focus in the defensive zone. I was noticing quite a few moments recently where he managed the puck poorly and it ended up in odd man rushes going the other way and some goals against. Also he seems to lose his position when defending sometimes, not always but I've seen it in some games and some shifts. I imagine they want him to be more consistent all over the ice and tighten up on the sloppy puck plays.

Anyway it'll be interesting to watch how he responds. I didn't see the whole game but he came out like a bat out of hell on Wednesday in the 1st period. We'll see if he gets bumped back up tonight.

Reactions: Raleighfern

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Thanks for the update kJ. That, and your views are most helpful. Good to see our top prospect getting the experience and coaching he needs to get to the next level.

Reactions: kjpm

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Friday Night Wrap

Duran 1 shot in a 7-4 win, wild game

Lohrei 2 assist 3 shots, 5-4 loss

Mcfaul 1 shot 1-1 tie

Becker 1 assist 2 shots 6-4 win

Olson 1 assist 2 shots 5-1 win

Schmaltz 6-10 faceoffs 5-1 loss

Beecher 1 shot 6-12 faceoffs 6-1 win

BC canceled their game

Gasseau 4 shots 3-2 loss
Langenbrunner zeros across the board

Svedebäck is injured

Lysell 1 goal 1 assist 2 shots 3-1 win

Mast 1 assist 4 shots 6-3 loss

Harrison 2 goals 2 shots First Star 4-3 win

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
No time to do the whole schedule but
Providence vs Brown 7pm NESN +
And Clarkson with a rare appearance on TV vs Wisconsin on Bally Wisconsin which is the old Fox Sports North, if you have Eyestream it's there at 7pm

Reactions: Raleighfern

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
‘The best defenceman in the country’: Who is Jordan Harris, the prospect the Canadiens must do everything to keep?

Jordan Harris is this good?

Wow it be amazing if he screws the habs and comes to Boston
I refuse to waste much time thinking much about this. We have no evidence at all that he would want to play for a Boston-area team. We don't know if the Bruins would bid for him even if he does reject Montreal, which we don't know will happen. I just remember all the reams and reams of speculation about Vesey, with Fluto Shinzawa flatly writing in the Globe he was going to sign with either Boston or Toronto, before he ended up in NY. (That's one of the reasons I haven't signed up for the Athletic, since I didn't want to follow Fluto's Bruins coverage there.) If BC Bruin weighs in with an insight, I will pay attention, though.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I refuse to waste much time thinking much about this. We have no evidence at all that he would want to play for a Boston-area team. We don't know if the Bruins would bid for him even if he does reject Montreal, which we don't know will happen. I just remember all the reams and reams of speculation about Vesey, with Fluto Shinzawa flatly writing in the Globe he was going to sign with either Boston or Toronto, before he ended up in NY. (That's one of the reasons I haven't signed up for the Athletic, since I didn't want to follow Fluto's Bruins coverage there.) If BC Bruin weighs in with an insight, I will pay attention, though.

No way this kid is coming to Boston unless he's wearing a Hab or Ranger jersey. Aint going to happen

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
The play by play guy sounds like he's in a turkey coma. While the GDT and other threads are all doom and gloom, Lysell, Harrison, Beecher and Lohrei keep me hanging on. And for my birthday April 19th Patriots Day please.
Simple, Skilled, Scanlin: Junior defenseman Brandon Scanlin continues to evolve as he works towards eventual goal of playing at the next level - Gateway

They’re legitimate prospects and I think each one has something to be excited over.

Lohrei and his overall package, including his size and offensive acumen.

Lysell and his compete, coupled with his game-breaking talent with the puck on his stick.

Harrison and his (still a work in progress) two-way presence, size and ability to put the puck in the net— he’s a natural scorer and score he does.

Beecher and his size, athleticism and speed, bundled with some bite and defensive acumen that has him making everyone’s job easier on a Michigan powerhouse.

Not sure Beecher will ever be a top-six forward, but I think he’s the type of rock-solid player that you can lock into a long-term deal for the bottom-six somewhere. A guy you want on your team and one that helps you win games. Perfect supporting role kind of guy and I say that as a good thing.

Not every guy can be a top-six sniper and you absolutely need guys like Beecher to build a contender or succeed in the playoffs. He looks really good these days.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No way this kid is coming to Boston unless he's wearing a Hab or Ranger jersey. Aint going to happen
I think he signs with Montreal. Legendary franchise with 23 Cups you own the city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad