Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XIII - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I have a hard time assessing highlights from someone playing high school hockey. He clearly looks like a man among boys, which is good. But also, he is!
looking forward to seeing how his game translates to College hockey.

Not sure if this post is sarcasm, but the worst USHL team would demolish the best high school team in the country by at least 10 goals. Most USHL teams beat the USNTP U17 team and are a relatively even match for U18.

In fact U18 traditionally plays a divided schedule between USHL and NCAA because the competition level is in the same general range

Reactions: hutch22

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Not sure if this post is sarcasm, but the worst USHL team would demolish the best high school team in the country by at least 10 goals. Most USHL teams beat the USNTP U17 team and are a relatively even match for U18.

In fact U18 traditionally plays a divided schedule between USHL and NCAA because the competition level is in the same general range
The ushl is clearly one of the best development leagues. Chl and ushl seem to have the most nhl talent. Dominic thinks the ushl is better. I’m not 100% because I don’t watch these leagues or pay much attention. He clearly does tho. He might be a really good source for this.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
The ushl is clearly one of the best development leagues. Chl and ushl seem to have the most nhl talent. Dominic thinks the ushl is better. I’m not 100% because I don’t watch these leagues or pay much attention. He clearly does tho. He might be a really good source for this.
Good to know, I didn’t realize this. I thought the good players all went to the development program and the USHL was a tier well below, similar to junior A in Canada.

the more you learn!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

First off, I don't look at the CHL as a hole because there are 3 different leagues at 3 different levels.

And I am not saying one league is better than the other in terms of talent, entertainment and so on.

However, I have said the USHL is the best development league in the world because they have a different development task at hand than the CHL leagues.

In terms of player development I rank them:

1- USHL
2- OHL
3- WHL
4- NAHL
5-QMJHL
6-BCHL

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
First off, I don't look at the CHL as a hole because there are 3 different leagues at 3 different levels.

And I am not saying one league is better than the other in terms of talent, entertainment and so on.

However, I have said the USHL is the best development league in the world because they have a different development task at hand than the CHL leagues.

1- USHL
2- OHL
3- WHL
4- NAHL
5-QMJHL
6-BCHL

I see the OHL and USHL on par with each other. Most players in both leagues have to live away from home for the first time in their life and they are prepared for the next stage in their lives as young men and hockey players. One has to look at the organizations ( there are some better than others) and what each team offers for development. IE London Knights have been the leader in the OHL for years now and Barrie had a great program when Dale Hawerchuk ( RIP) was coaching to name a few.
Let's not forget the Europeon development leagues as well.
JrA SM-liiga in Finland is a great league as well as the two leagues in Sweden ( J20 Elit and J20 Super Elit).

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I see the OHL and USHL on par with each other. Most players in both leagues have to live away from home for the first time in their life and they are prepared for the next stage in their lives as young men and hockey players. One has to look at the organizations ( there are some better than others) and what each team offers for development. IE London Knights have been the leader in the OHL for years now and Barrie had a great program when Dale Hawerchuk ( RIP) was coaching to name a few.
JrA SM-liiga in Finland is a great league as well as the two leagues in Sweden ( J20 Elit and J20 Super Elit).
I quoted a post because someone misquoted what I had previously said. Didn't need s response that sets off my notifications for no reason.

Thanks.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
The QMJHL has developed some of the worlds best players. Just putting that out there.

Crosby
Bergeron
Marchand
Huberdeau
krecji :p
Girard
Couturier
Giroux
Kucherov
Dubois
The list goes on ...

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

1- USHL
2- OHL
3- WHL
4- NAHL
5-QMJHL
6-BCHL
How do you rank them in terms of talent?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Some prospects were in action last night
Quinn Olson's team continues to struggle with another loss this time to Colorado College 2-1
Olson is still on the first line, had 1 shot and was a +1
Riley Duran and Youngstown lost 4-2, 3 shots on goal and +1, didn't watch the game but of note Duran was at one point a -11 for the season, now is -2

Today
Providence 1pm AHLTV
Soon to be Bruin Johnny Beecher plays at 5:30 vs Ohio State
BC with Kuntar play Maine at 7:00 NESN+
Duran plays at 7:10
Schmaltz and Pops Lohrei play Dubuque 8pm

Reactions: CDJ and CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad