Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XIII - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Last night Green Bay beat the NTDP 6-3
Lohrei had 1 goal 1 assist was a -1
Schmaltz had 1 goal was a +1
I watched the game and here's my review
Lohrei was as advertised, A+ offensive talent, high end skating, powerful stride,gets up the ice quickly, recovery speed impressive, dude is a weapon coming out of his zone with or without the puck, has a big hockey brain, impressed me with some quick thinking,I can arguably make the case he could run a NHL power play right now,he's that good at it. He made plays all over the ice but my favorite was up by 3 goals he's on the PK and lays himself out to block a bomb from the point.
Defensively he's got some warts,while he was good in front of his net ,he still looks a bit green,partly from always looking to start the breakout from unrealistic parts of the ice,I would like to see him communicate more and would like to see the coaching staff coach some of his Cowboy tendencies out for more structure,he has Clifton like swagger that's very natural, I really enjoyed watching him,he's a keeper

Schmaltz is a interesting prospect, good size but more lanky than big,average skater,good compete level, had a strong night at the dot, has some jam,he was always in the right spot,that stood out to me, he also had PK and PP time,had a nice goal,made 2 way plays all night long,I can see why they drafted him
Rematch is tonight
I'm surprised Redline doesn't have any Green Bay players ranked in the top 190,NTDP is sprinkled throughout the guide
Also nice to see fans in the building, decent crowd for a Wednesday night during a pandemic

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Roman kid from russia 4 games 3 points playing tough minutes looks like another a defensive gem donny found that also in the 5th round.

Sorry Don, but Bychkov has been playing sheltered minutes (if he's even been playing at all). Was directly responsible for the only Austria goal with a bobbled puck in the offensive zone followed by a borderline quit on the play back check. Last night in the Sweden game he was completely out of position on the first Sweden goal. He's not fast, not big, I'm not sure what he brings to the table to be honest. He can make a decent first pass.

Seriously if either of Boston's prospects even step onto North American ice again after this year's WJC I'll be shocked, let alone ever making it to the NHL.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

I haven't seen what his speed is like from the many clips you've highlighted, but he's got real good feet. And like you said, it's the brain that's the real standout, though you can never tell if that's just getting an extra instant with lesser competition. He's creative as hell and while everything might not work, it looks like he completely knows what he's going to do before the puck comes to him.

Interesting player.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Was really starting to get excited about this guy based on some of your posts and a few others....then you go a collaborating review from Mr. Sunny Field of Flowers and I’m suspicious of whether this kid is any good or just another of his adopted sons a la Senyshyn.
I'll tell Sunny you were asking for him
Happy New Year Jim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: