Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XIII - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What do we think about Wolff?

There's something about his stride I do not like, but I can't put a finger on it.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Beecher had a nice carry into the slot, put a good shot on net and picked up an assist on the rebound. Hands look a little rusty on some plays (Michigan hasn't played for three weeks) but he's skating well and throwing some hits.

BlackFrancis

Dec 14, 2013
Beautiful Beecher defensive play leads to a breakaway for him. Goalie stuffed him, though.

Reactions: kjpm

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
At your leisure, CBA King.

Alright Amico, but if anyone complains about my rambling, I am asking them to direct them at you :popcorn:

First off, I lied. Anthony told me about this a couple of days ago, but I told him I had to check with some people. In doing so, this is why the Bruins would rather sign him sooner rather than later.

First off, it must be noted that as a student and playing in the NCAA, JB is not technically allowed to have an agent but an advisor which is probably why Anthony's tweet said "will start the process of signing John Beecher" when he could have an agent.

Even though JB was drafted out of the USHL, he was technically a "bona-fide" student with his commitment to head to Michigan and the NCAA, meaning that the Bruins would retain his rights if he finished school until August 15, 2023 in which he would become a UFA if not signed.

Here's the risk the Bruins don't want to take should JB decide that he wants to go to school for 2021-22. The risk of JB returning to the NCAA for next season is that even if he wanted to sign pro after his 2021-22 season was over, he could decide that it would be more beneficial (financially) to go back to school for 2022-23 and then opt out of school in January of 2023. In that case, the Bruins would have just 30 days to sign him or he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Where JB has them over the barrel isn't salary because all ELC have a maximum of $925,00. But he could go to the highest bidder when it comes to performance bonuses that could earn him a maximum of $850,000 in A Bonuses and a maximum of $2 million in B Bonuses for each year.

The Bruins don't want to be in that situation, but if JB goes back to Michigan next season, then the risk is real. They have a reputation of signing players in the NCAA so I have no worries that it gets done. If it doesn't, then I will start to worry a little bit.

BlackFrancis

Dec 14, 2013
But he could go to the highest bidder when it comes to performance bonuses that could earn him a maximum of $850,000 in A Bonuses and a maximum of $2 million in B Bonuses for each year.
Oh wow, I thought those were boilerplate on ELCs. Those actually get negotiated?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Saturday night wrap
Schmaltz 1 goal, 10th of the year, he had a very productive weekend
Kuntar no points, 4th line again
Olson outplayed by Western Michigan again, no points
Michigan Becker didn’t dress, Beecher 1 assist, I was able to watch period and a half, dude is a beast, they blew out red hot Wisconsin 5-1
Duran no games till next weekend
Mcfaul Covid pause on campus
Keyser plays today

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Saturday night wrap
Schmaltz 1 goal, 10th of the year, he had a very productive weekend
Kuntar no points, 4th line again
Olson outplayed by Western Michigan again, no points
Michigan Becker didn’t dress, Beecher 1 assist, I was able to watch period and a half, dude is a beast, they blew out red hot Wisconsin 5-1
Duran no games till next weekend
Mcfaul Covid pause on campus
Keyser plays today
Keep the updates coming, cheers

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007

Doesn’t matter what league you’re playing in if you can routinely make moves like this at 6’4” and 205lbs.

I have a hard time assessing highlights from someone playing high school hockey. He clearly looks like a man among boys, which is good. But also, he is!
looking forward to seeing how his game translates to College hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad