Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So if Providence had the best overall record in the AHL and their roster was loaded with Their draft picks How can they not have a good Farm System

I follow McKeens 7th overall
Steve Kournianos who rated them highly

yet these rouge Toronto and Montreal writer turned scouts and HF prospects thread staters (Bleed Blue & Priceisright) day they suck

It’s perplexing

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
So if Providence had the best overall record in the AHL and their roster was loaded with Their draft picks How can they not have a good Farm System

yet these rouge Toronto and Montreal writer turned scouts and HF prospects thread staters (Bleed Blue & Priceisright) day they suck

It’s perplexing
You have a fair point.

To compare, the heralded #1 prospect pool last season, the Kings, and their AHL Ontario Reign:
  • Avg age: 23.4
  • Median age: 23
  • Most successful young player: Gabe Vilardi, 0.78 ppg over 32 games at age 20
  • Best defense prospect by age/production: Tobias Bjornfort, 0.43 ppg over 44 games at age 18
Provy:
  • Avg age 23.7
  • Most successful young player: Jack Studnicka, 0.82 ppg over 60 games at age 20
  • Best defense prospect by age/production: Cooper Zech, 0.31 ppg over 45 games at age 20
Both organizations have other interesting players. A couple of LA's are too young to say anything about their lack of a breakout. A fair amount of Boston's are starting to get to that stage where top pairing and top line or even top-6 are looking like longshots. LA's goalies are trash.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
They did try him at LW a few games ,around 5 if I remember right,I didn't like him there,seemed tentative, he's at his best when it's simple,skate up and down your wing,go hard on the forecheck etc,i know switching wings isn't exactly asking him to split Atoms in his basement but he didn't look comfortable and again I didn't like it, they've worked so hard getting him to where he is now viable so I understand why it was worth the look
Hey! Thanks for the write up on Seny. Do you think from what you saw last year that he could play 4RW? He’s big and fast, does he have some jam to his game?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Hey! Thanks for the write up on Seny. Do you think from what you saw last year that he could play 4RW? He’s big and fast, does he have some jam to his game?
I actually think he could play 3 line RW,would have loved to see a DeBrusk Coyle Senyshyn line, he plays the body but doesn't bury anyone at least I don't remember him laying out a crushing open ice hit,he likes to hunt for the puck so he's more disruptive then say an agitator,I'm interested what type of contract he's on for this year, if they give him the Zboril special then he's most likely in their plans vs a 1 year 2
way deal which would tell me they really don't believe in him

member 96824

You have a fair point.

To compare, the heralded #1 prospect pool last season, the Kings, and their AHL Ontario Reign:
  • Avg age: 23.4
  • Most successful young player: Gabe Vilardi, 0.78 ppg over 32 games at age 20
  • Best defense prospect by age/production: Tobias Bjornfort, 0.43 ppg over 44 games at age 18
Provy:
  • Avg age 23.7
  • Most successful young player: Jack Studnicka, 0.82 ppg over 60 games at age 20
  • Best defense prospect by age/production: Cooper Zech, 0.31 ppg over 45 games at age 20
Both organizations have other interesting players. A couple of LA's are too young to say anything about their lack of a breakout. A fair amount of Boston's are starting to get to that stage where top pairing and top line or even top-6 are looking like longshots. LA's goalies are trash.

Counter point would be LA’s best prospects are not playing in the A though, outside of Vilardi and Clague. When people talk LA they’re talking Turcotte, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Madden, Thomas, Spence, Hults, etc. plus the haul from 2020 now.

B’s on the other hand have some wild cards outside the A but it’s real real real real thin. When that time comes, it’s going to be a bit rough but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there

Reactions: The Laukomotive

BlackFrancis

Dec 14, 2013
Counter point would be LA’s best prospects are not playing in the A though, outside of Vilardi and Clague. When people talk LA they’re talking Turcotte, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Madden, Thomas, Spence, Hults, etc. plus the haul from 2020 now.

B’s on the other hand have some wild cards outside the A but it’s real real real real thin. When that time comes, it’s going to be a bit rough but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there
Absolutely. I was looking at it from last season's POV where Kaliyev, Fagemo, etc were shiny and new but not first rounders, so they don't get the high pick cachet. Even then, it was a better pool, but someone has to play devil's advocate.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I actually think he could play 3 line RW,would have loved to see a DeBrusk Coyle Senyshyn line, he plays the body but doesn't bury anyone at least I don't remember him laying out a crushing open ice hit,he likes to hunt for the puck so he's more disruptive then say an agitator,I'm interested what type of contract he's on for this year, if they give him the Zboril special then he's most likely in their plans vs a 1 year 2
way deal which would tell me they really don't believe in him

Looks like a 1yr/2-way deal for $700k

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Whatever happened to Cedric pare ? I had high hopes for him .
He tore it up in the Juniors last year playing on probably the best line.

Cedric Pare Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

I wanted Kaliyev, pure scorer with size. I guess him being in the Canadian Junior leagues is off limits to the scouts.

Look at these pt totals -
126 goals in 3 years at Hamilton in 192 games and 248 pts - there is DeBrusks replacement.

Arthur Kaliyev Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

It’s perplexing

I got blocked by a goon for sharing these same comments today. Kid had never heard of McKeen's. Thought it was a bonehead in his parent's basement typing up scouting reports. It was a waste of time...I should have known better.

Anyways...if you listened to Steve Kournianos' Bruins' draft recap he goes into detail how and why the USHL and US prep prospects are so egregiously overlooked by Canadian journos and scouting resources and justifies Sweeney picking from that talent pool. He is a bit of a homer for the Bruins, even though they are not his primary fanbase. I think he just likes the way Sweeney drafts and develops kids.

Despite this, I personally cannot bring myself to rank the Bruins as highly as McKeen's did. Even if you have Stud tagged as a 1C one day, the Bruins just don't have a ton of top 6 wingers or sure fire top 4 D in the system.

I mean...what is their prospect depth at RW? Senyshyn & Lantosi are the only true RW. Do they include Steen and Hall in that group?

Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Dec 14, 2013
I saw someone, maybe Joe, say that staying competitive without mortgaging the future is one of the hardest things to do in sports.

I think you could argue that Sweeney has mortgaged the future, he just hasn't done it very well.
He's definitely mortgaged the future, but was it really all that bright of a future to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad