Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I could for sure see JFK back here, the Puljujarvi situation was worst in Edmonton and he came back to Canada. We really assumed that since JFK went to BU that he'd be fully adapt here, but tbh he's still a young person and a year in a more comfortable environment will for sure build his confidence
Where did he play last year?

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson gets his first point of the season when he does all the work in the offensive zone and sets up defenseman Timo Eronen for a goal. Växjö Lakers plays a very defenseminded style. Doesn't score more than two goals a game:) In seven games this season they've scored 12 goals but now they have scored two today. They lead 2-1

He plays right wing on a line with center Jack Drury (2nd round draft pick for Carolina in 2018) and Fredrik Karlström (LW). JFK wears #22 in blue here as wins the race down the right corner and gets controll of the puck before setting up the D.

Don't know if this link work but hope so
Växjö Lakers - Brynäs IF 1-0

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Jack Drury with his third assist and it's 5-1 Växjö Lakers on the power play. This is what I get for saying they never score more than two goals a game:). Best game so far for JFK but I still don't see him returning to NA. I hope I'm wrong

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Scott Wheeler in The Athletic has released his list of the top-10 goalie prospects in the NHL. In the #10 spot is Jeremy Swaymann. (He was #9 last year.). Here is what Wheeler wrote about him:

"I’m still not sold on him as a starter who’s going to give a team .915-.920 goaltending in the NHL, but I think he’s going to be more than a typical backup, with the potential to reliably play games and give .910-.914 numbers."

This is the dumbest sentence I've ever read. Goalie numbers are largely dependent on team context.

But that's Wheeler for you.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He is a massive human being. I don’t see why he can’t be a rugged NHL bottom pairing defenseman IF his skating game can be NHL quality.

He also goes to show you what can happen with players, especially defensmen. Everyone says Zboril is a bust because he's 23 but Wolff is 24. Gryz was 24 when he got his first meaningful NHL time. These guys can develop later. Ahcan will turn 24 this season. Microwave culture- I want it now!!!!

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
He also goes to show you what can happen with players, especially defensmen. Everyone says Zboril is a bust because he's 23 but Wolff is 24. Gryz was 24 when he got his first meaningful NHL time. These guys can develop later. Ahcan will turn 24 this season. Microwave culture- I want it now!!!!

Agree....I remember when Boychuk came up....
I saw him play in AHL....could tell he was a good player....won AHL defensemen of the year and people here were like oh its the AHL doesn't mean anything

I'm always amazed how they say we overrate our prospects, but when it's time to let them play they want to bring in other players, like our prospects that they loved suddenly suck

Remember everyone was a rookie once...........

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Agree....I remember when Boychuk came up....
I saw him play in AHL....could tell he was a good player....won AHL defensemen of the year and people here were like oh its the AHL doesn't mean anything

I'm always amazed how they say we overrate our prospects, but when it's time to let them play they want to bring in other players, like our prospects that they loved suddenly suck

Remember everyone was a rookie once...........

AHL doesn't mean anything, or in Zboril's case, everything- "he only had 19 pts down there- if he can't tear up the AHL he doesn't deserve a call-up" :laugh:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Especially defensemen and goalies.

Reactions: Dr Hook

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
For those who see PRO more than I do, could Senyshyn play his off-wing? With the logjam at RW now, I wonder if Seny could slide over to LW.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
For those who see PRO more than I do, could Senyshyn play his off-wing? With the logjam at RW now, I wonder if Seny could slide over to LW.
They did try him at LW a few games ,around 5 if I remember right,I didn't like him there,seemed tentative, he's at his best when it's simple,skate up and down your wing,go hard on the forecheck etc,i know switching wings isn't exactly asking him to split Atoms in his basement but he didn't look comfortable and again I didn't like it, they've worked so hard getting him to where he is now viable so I understand why it was worth the look

Reactions: HustleB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
They did try him at LW a few games ,around 5 if I remember right,I didn't like him there,seemed tentative, he's at his best when it's simple,skate up and down your wing,go hard on the forecheck etc,i know switching wings isn't exactly asking him to split Atoms in his basement but he didn't look comfortable and again I didn't like it, they've worked so hard getting him to where he is now viable so I understand why it was worth the look

Thanks. Was trying to see were he may fit into the line-up in Boston. Seems like now there are a lot of options and his best shot is either 4RW or trying LW. Kind of feels like we're getting to the point where they need to make a decision on Senyshyn. Seeing as they've continued to look for RW and not really given Seny a look, it gives me the impresses that they are not very optimistic. I maybe wrong and hope I am because I'd like to see Seny because an NHL regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad