Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
people are crapping on Sweeney and his team's ability to find kids that can play... lets remember he got control in may 2015... here is what the team did in just the first 3-4 years of his run {I hesitate to judge the last 2 years because 18 year olds really take longer than just 2 years to show their true color}

the real history of don sweeney finding kids that can play
------------------------------------------------------------
we complain about who isnt making it... and we say more people should have made it... but lets look at reality

sweeney took over the decesion making in 2015
the team drafted
jake debrusk... an established 20 goal scorer

brandon carlo... a legitimate second pair dman
jeremy lauzon... showing promise he is now a regular
jakub zboril... we shall see
dan vladar... on pace to become a possible backup goalie
AND
signed noel acciari and im going to count Frank Vatrano and austin czarnik too, all as college ufa...

5 regular nhl players... austin czarnik has had a 2 year contract with another organization and possibly zboril/vladar will make it 7 or 8 nhl guys from 1 single year... the 2015 draft/college ufa class was a huge success. will senyshyn earn a regular job in the nhl now? i see some bruin insiders arguing that we should promote cameron hughes to be our utility 13th forward... wow... this is an outstanding draft/recruitment year

in 2016
we take absolute standout charlie mcavoy as a STEAL at pick number 14!!!

trent federic is clearly on pace to play... maybe as a 4th liner?
ryan lingren has become a regular in new york
im going to call this 3 more nhl regulars... remember this is only 4 years ago and we are drafting 18 year olds. federic is still projected to play

urho vaakanainen looked very good for his 7 game tryout... but then had the reported huge injury/concusion issue... we shall see

jack studnicka is a guy most fans were screaming to be put into the lineup in a scoring role for the playoffs... hes got to be considered a hit
jeremy swayman is a kid dom the ohl scout is super high on...
thats 3 hits or potential hits out of 2017

axel andersson demonstrated he had significant trade value... whether he makes it or not is still undetermined

jakub lauko super impressed a few of our talent evaluators here at HF but hes a project still
curtin hall is a rapid improving guy in college alot of our posters who have seen him rave about him
dustyn mcfaul is a kid dom keeps singing the praise of and considers him a massive steal for us in the 6th round... will he play? who knows
and... we signed karson kuhlman who is already semi-established as an nhl regular

i hear people are high on john beecher having a future

i also hear people saying watch out for quinn olson
honestly... you really cant grade a draft in the first 2 years... its so guess work

but in 2015
basically 6 guys who will be nhl regulars

3 guys who will be nhl regulars... 1 a superstar

odds say at least 2 make it... goalies are so unpredictable

lets say they all fail??? i mean who really knows after just 3 years
seeney has basically 3 drafts that we might reasonably grade

X/X/X {no first line guarantees}
Debrusk/Studnicka/X {looks like he found 2 secon liners}
X/X/Vatrano {is like a 20 goal guy for florida}
trent Federic/Noel Accairi/Karson Kuhlman {looks like a hell of a 4th line to me
Austin Czarnik {bubble guy at this point}

Ryan Lingren/Charlie McAvoy
urho Vaakanainen/Brandon Carlo
Jacub Zboril/Jeremy Lauzon

{holy crap we have been drafting an entire defense corp in such a short time... how about adding nick wolfe/jack ahcan to this mix?}

danial vladar... probably wont be a starter... might not even be a regular backup i suppose

this is TEN FREAKING ROSTER SPOTS FILLED GREAT in just basically 3-4 years of draft history... holy crap!!! thats amazing

but... i suppose we reached for someone? or missed someone?

like every other one of the 30 teams has done lmfao

complain complain complain... but where is credit when credit is due?

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So the Smith signing probably means Studnicka can concentrate on what the Bs need him to be...a great center ? Don’t want Seattle snagging Studs!

certainly appear to me we have blocked his path... the only 'weak' link in the top 9 would be andres Bjork who pencils in as the 3rd line lw

I suppose it means... the team doesnt want the skinny kid getting hurt. whether or not his future is center/or rw, a more pressing immediate concern is let him develop nhl quality man strength

it certainly is nice to think of him being just primed to take krejci's spot next year though when krejci retires... hell, if hes ready by the time playoffs roll around we might even be able to deal krejci as part of a deadline rental deal???

the way things are looking now up front though... the jobs look very decided upon without much room for training camp battles

marchand/Bergeron/pastrnak are locked... two of these guys might not be available to start the year which will leave room for studnicka/federic to factor in as injury replacements lower in the lineup perhaps...

debrusk/coyle/smith... with krejci potentially out the door in just 1 year, it makes sense to test coyle as a bonafide second line option... give him some scoring wingers... we might have something that will get the job done here in this line

Bjork/krejci/kase… kase is playing for a contract and will have a lot to prove... krejci is playing for his future with the team. and Bjork might be out of the league in 3 years if he cant start producing offense results. this line has every potential to thrive as a 3rd line so im hoping for the best

as far as fourth liners go... we do have a few guys that will possibly compete for jobs... I dont see studnicka being used as a 4th liner though

Ritchie/kuraly/senyshyn is my odds on favorite to play... Ritchie needs to show he wants to continue his nhl career... for him that means get in shape and fight when called upon. kuraly sometimes looks like hes better than a 4th liner but then he disappears for awhile... hes pretty ok as a fourth liner but he will be expensive to keep on his next deal. as for senyshyn... we wanted to see him develop a scoring touch to justify his draft position. now the draft is in the rearview mirror. this guy has nhl skating... nhl size. if he applies himself to grind he will have an nhl job

for utility options... im projecting we go with 8 dmen which means only 1 extra forward
chris wagner our former 7th player award winner should be able to take this job from par Lindholm.
I feel Lindholm can clear waivers and will end up in providence once everyone is healthy

its a pretty stacked forward group... studnicka would probably make most teams this year... we are DEEP enough we can let him truely develop to perfection in AHL

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
people are crapping on Sweeney and his team's ability to find kids that can play... lets remember he got control in may 2015... here is what the team did in just the first 3-4 years of his run {I hesitate to judge the last 2 years because 18 year olds really take longer than just 2 years to show their true color}

we complain about who isnt making it... and we say more people should have made it... but lets look at reality

the team drafted

AND
signed noel acciari and im going to count Frank Vatrano and austin czarnik too, all as college ufa...

5 regular nhl players... austin czarnik has had a 2 year contract with another organization and possibly zboril/vladar will make it 7 or 8 nhl guys from 1 single year... the 2015 draft/college ufa class was a huge success. will senyshyn earn a regular job in the nhl now? i see some bruin insiders arguing that we should promote cameron hughes to be our utility 13th forward... wow... this is an outstanding draft/recruitment year

in 2016

im going to call this 3 more nhl regulars... remember this is only 4 years ago and we are drafting 18 year olds. federic is still projected to play

urho vaakanainen looked very good for his 7 game tryout... but then had the reported huge injury/concusion issue... we shall see

jack studnicka is a guy most fans were screaming to be put into the lineup in a scoring role for the playoffs... hes got to be considered a hit

axel andersson demonstrated he had significant trade value... whether he makes it or not is still undetermined

jakub lauko super impressed a few of our talent evaluators here at HF but hes a project still
curtin hall is a rapid improving guy in college alot of our posters who have seen him rave about him
dustyn mcfaul is a kid dom keeps singing the praise of and considers him a massive steal for us in the 6th round... will he play? who knows
and... we signed karson kuhlman who is already semi-established as an nhl regular

honestly... you really cant grade a draft in the first 2 years... its so guess work

but in 2015

trent Federic/Noel Accairi/Karson Kuhlman {looks like a hell of a 4th line to me

{holy crap we have been drafting an entire defense corp in such a short time... how about adding nick wolfe/jack ahcan to this mix?}

danial vladar... probably wont be a starter... might not even be a regular backup i suppose

this is TEN FREAKING ROSTER SPOTS FILLED GREAT in just basically 3-4 years of draft history... holy crap!!! thats amazing

I mean honest to god is use your entire post to argue the exact opposite side of your arguement. There’s an awful lot of bending and stretching done here

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Scott Wheeler in The Athletic has released his list of the top-10 goalie prospects in the NHL. In the #10 spot is Jeremy Swaymann. (He was #9 last year.). Here is what Wheeler wrote about him:

"Poised to turn pro, Swayman has been one of the more consistent goalie prospects on this list across several seasons and multiple levels now. But he has never — at least outside of college hockey circles — garnered the notoriety and name value that most of these others have. I confess to being a little slow to hop on board his game’s legitimate NHL upside. He has always been a good, reliable goalie who made the saves he was supposed to more consistently than most, but never really stole games. In the last year and a half, though, he showed he could regularly be the stealing type, too. I have no issues with his technical ability. It shows real maturity that shouldn’t require a ton of tinkering by Boston’s goalie coaches. And his athleticism and power have both improved as time has gone on, which has given him more of that other element I talked about.

"I’m still not sold on him as a starter who’s going to give a team .915-.920 goaltending in the NHL, but I think he’s going to be more than a typical backup, with the potential to reliably play games and give .910-.914 numbers. Increasingly, those goalies are winning starts and reinforcing the value of a platoon. He never gets the yips where suddenly he’s putting his team out of a game because he’s given up a soft goal. That has value."

Nashville's first-round pick this year, Yaroslav Askarov, is ranked #1. A total of 23 goalie prospects were considered.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

the team drafted

AND

in 2016

but in 2015

One of your greatest posts. Ever.

I like the colors

Reactions: PeanutButter37

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Scott Wheeler I enjoy, Button entertaining, Pronman to much agenda, but the guy Eric turned me on to a handful of years ago Steve Kournianos of the Draft Analyst is the one I will take over the others based on track record- and he’s entertaining.

He’s my favorite and has been as good as anyone and I’ve nailed some serious long shots in the SIM league using his guys others didn’t like it

his podcast today on the Bruins Draft was fantastic ~ sitting on the deck listening to that having a cold one what it’s all about

Mason Louhri stuff interesting

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
What are the odds we will ever see JFK in a Bruins uniform again?

I could for sure see JFK back here, the Puljujarvi situation was worst in Edmonton and he came back to Canada. We really assumed that since JFK went to BU that he'd be fully adapt here, but tbh he's still a young person and a year in a more comfortable environment will for sure build his confidence

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad