Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XI - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom,

Can you give an opinion as to who you like best out of the 3 plz?

TIA

I really don't like one more then the other.

If you're asking who is most ready, then it's Vladar, Swayman, Keyser

If you're asking me who has the higher upside then it's Keyser, Swayman, Vladar. Obviously, that is dependent on whether they will reach their potential and whether Keyser can shake the injury bug. But I also don't think there is much separation between the three.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Swayman

6’3” 215

Listen to him speak for 5 minutes

Everytime I watched him he was outer worldly

I thought he looked excellent at camp

he’s got the size, skills, makeup

he’s going to an organization built down the middle with big defensive centers and top 5 defense in hockey

I’ll be to associate myself with Swayman biggest supporter

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jeremy Swayman, Goalie (2017 Fourth Round)

Leach: "I'm not a huge goalie guy, but he looks pretty dang good. I saw him play last year at BC, I thought he was exceptionally positioned, has a really nice demeanor in there. Very competitive. I would say his quickness looks like it's improved a bit. He's been very impressive."

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I have been on the Swayman boat since his first year at Maine. His value to that team will be apparent this upcoming season.

Swayman

6’3” 215

Listen to him speak for 5 minutes

Everytime I watched him he was outer worldly

I thought he looked excellent at camp

he’s got the size, skills, makeup

he’s going to an organization built down the middle with big defensive centers and top 5 defense in hockey

I’ll be to associate myself with Swayman biggest supporter

Been rocking Swayman as my profile picture since 2017 :popcorn:

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
OK, we've got Brad McCrimmon (Jakub Zboril) and Ken Dryden (Jeremy Swayman) in the pipeline so far. I like that. Now, I think Jack Studnicka remind me some of Bobby Clarke. Not as dirty but he's a hustler and hard working centerman with a lot of skill and character.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
OK, we've got Brad McCrimmon (Jakub Zboril) and Ken Dryden (Jeremy Swayman) in the pipeline so far. I like that. Now, I think Jack Studnicka remind me some of Bobby Clarke. Not as dirty but he's a hustler and hard working centerman with a lot of skill and character.
Missing Front teeth is their most common trait

Clarke sign of times, Studnicka I’m guessing it’s a macho/cool thing with hockey players today. I think it’s dumb and looks stupid but I’m sure it’s a hockey thing.

I’m not sure I see him as yet.

Zboril I noticed that one specific trait - McCrimmon was a block a beast a leader - Carlo early one resembles his complete game moreso but Zboril IN PROVIDENCE down low in the front of the net showed the ability to defend and break it out like Brad.

Swayman though I’m going Dryden.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eddie Munson

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Missing Front teeth is their most common trait

Clarke sign of times, Studnicka I’m guessing it’s a macho/cool thing with hockey players today. I think it’s dumb and looks stupid but I’m sure it’s a hockey thing.

I’m not sure I see him as yet.

Zboril I noticed that one specific trait - McCrimmon was a block a beast a leader - Carlo early one resembles his complete game moreso but Zboril IN PROVIDENCE down low in the front of the net showed the ability to defend and break it out like Brad.

Swayman though I’m going Dryden.
I think it is more of money and not wanting to get it constantly replaced/repaired.

Reactions: Lo97 and veganbruin

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Did I trade him to you ? Thought it was AOF? Either way really really dumb and when I watched him play I knew I F’d up

I'm pretty sure it was me... something around Mattias Samuelsson. In any event, he's in my prospect pool.

hutch22

Jan 10, 2004
Waterville, Maine
Visit site
Lest we forget, Ken Dryden was drafted by the B's. He refused to report so they sent him to the Habs for Paul Reid and Guy Allen. The B's sweetened the pot by adding Alex Campbell. Reid & Allen never played a game in the NHL and Dryden never lost a playoff series to the B's. Ouch! I'm for NOT trading Swayman.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm pretty sure it was me... something around Mattias Samuelsson. In any event, he's in my prospect pool.

he might have been at some point {are you twin peaks?}
i ended up dealing vladar to twin peaks in the chara trade... but then got him back for a 3rd round pick... so for the moment im happy but it freaks me out how i keep trading these guys and always regretting it.

dan swindled Jeremy swayman off me almost 2 years ago and basically i was ending up with eric comrie that time around... clearly i regret that now.

i had zboril… hes gone... federic... hes gone... steen… hes gone

im still able to say i got studnicka, lauzon, lauko and vladar so i got some of the bruins futher but my goal was to get every bruin kid and im far far far short of that

still it does add fun following these prospects development when we got them in the sim. i highly recommend it. i was just jacked as i saw Jeremy lauzon taking his strides this year and that was no small part to having him in the sim. i see a solid top 4 guy for years to come here.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
he might have been at some point {are you twin peaks?}
i ended up dealing vladar to twin peaks in the chara trade... but then got him back for a 3rd round pick... so for the moment im happy but it freaks me out how i keep trading these guys and always regretting it.

dan swindled Jeremy swayman off me almost 2 years ago and basically i was ending up with eric comrie that time around... clearly i regret that now.

i had zboril… hes gone... federic... hes gone... steen… hes gone

im still able to say i got studnicka, lauzon, lauko and vladar so i got some of the bruins futher but my goal was to get every bruin kid and im far far far short of that

still it does add fun following these prospects development when we got them in the sim. i highly recommend it. i was just jacked as i saw Jeremy lauzon taking his strides this year and that was no small part to having him in the sim. i see a solid top 4 guy for years to come here.
I’d hold on to those 4 Mike

what about this guy the Bruins signed - ferocious body checker

SCSU defenseman Jack Ahcan is 5-foot-8, but powerful, skilled | The Rink Live

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I’d hold on to those 4 Mike

what about this guy the Bruins signed - ferocious body checker

SCSU defenseman Jack Ahcan is 5-foot-8, but powerful, skilled | The Rink Live

my dream would be to be in some sim league I start off fresh with every single bruin asset.... and go from there. I dont know about this kid here, but I know competition is so deep its going to take a real miricle for new guys to work their way into the plans

just looking at the depth chart today... seems all the jobs are filled

we are pretty confident about
mcavoy
carlo

lets call that spots 1 and 2... young and good... basically 3 zone players... carlo isnt very offensive yet but has some skillz. we got well over 42 mins of icetime covered with these 2 guys

then...
krug if he resigns... fills a spot. my gut says he doesnt resign. but grzelyck seems his future might be tied to krug. I think at least one of these 2 are back. one of them will fill a ld spot and likely on a multi year deal

chara... I hear from dom that chara's agent has indicted chara will be back at least 1 more year... and that lets his replacement have another year to ripen

lauzon… could he be chara's replacement as some of the muscel on the blueline? its about having a mix of puck skillz/size/compete level when we get our 6 man group together. lauzon seems a good compliment to McAvoy/carlo... he has a long term future here imho

I think this has filled 4 spots of the starting 6 now both short term and long term...

personally... I am locking vaakainen in. hes a skilled guy who leans towards defense first. that screams first pair material alongside McAvoy. is his timetable this year? im bettering he gets another year in providence but as Detroit showed us its good to overripen these stud dmen.

basically with vaakainen/lauzon/grzelyck lined up we got a nice balanced left side... and McAvoy/carlo are studs on the right side... not a lot of room left...

zboril is running out of of waiver/ahl options. I think he will start the year with the big team. we might go with 8 dmen? its sink or swim time for him and my gut says... he is a keeper. he is an nhl talent.

Clifton doesnt have the upside of the rest of these guys... but is a game competitor with a great contract for a 6/7 depth guy

we have filled all the jobs but still have 3-4 kids at ahl that seem to have strong nhl possibilities. and then we just signed a couple intriguing college ufa… its stacked

I hated to see us trade away andy axelsson because I have him in our sim too and believe in him to be a future nhl dman... but we have the depth. defense is a major strength for this team

not a lot of 1-2 guys here... but enough... tons of 4-5-6 depth guys... its almost like throw a name in a hat to figure out who eventually does stay. some of these guys will become valuable trade assets and will get movied

a few years ago I said Heinen/Bjork/debrusk/donato/cehlarik were too many left shot wingers to all end up here filling just 2 jobs. I wasnt able to say who I thought would end up staying but I said within a year or two we would thin this list out and only 2 would remain

I dont consider myself a genius... it was just obvious to me. but now we have debrusk/Ritchie/Bjork left and the jobs are well filled... these things do work out

its fun to watch the kids these days... we have so many home grown contributors to the team

Bergeron/marchand/pastrnak... krejci/debrusk... our top 5 forwards all home grown

carlo/McAvoy/krug/grezlyck/lauzon…. 5 of our starting 6 dmen homegrown

rask

we have 11 of our top 13 players home grown from kid to stud

who says we cant draft/develop players???

Reactions: wintersej and DKH

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Lest we forget, Ken Dryden was drafted by the B's. He refused to report so they sent him to the Habs for Paul Reid and Guy Allen. The B's sweetened the pot by adding Alex Campbell. Reid & Allen never played a game in the NHL and Dryden never lost a playoff series to the B's. Ouch! I'm for NOT trading Swayman.
Dryden was the most over rated goalie in the 70's in my opinion. He was good, but not great, albeit he stood on his head against us in 70-71.
If you look at the teams and dee in front of him ( Lapointe, Big Bird and Savard played around 30 mins each a night), he was not that good.
My list of the best goalies in the 70's in no order that were better than Dryden, include:
Parent
Cheesy
Vachon
Smith
Espo
Tretiak

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Dryden was the most over rated goalie in the 70's in my opinion. He was good, but not great, albeit he stood on his head against us in 70-71.
If you look at the teams and dee in front of him ( Lapointe, Big Bird and Savard played around 30 mins each a night), he was not that good.
My list of the best goalies in the 70's in no order that were better than Dryden, include:
Parent
Cheesy
Vachon
Smith
Espo
Tretiak

a goalies job is to win... his job is to give his team so much confidence they can do their job. the goalie cant be letting back breaking goals in that suck the confidence out of the team

could Dryden have won if he was on boston? would cheevers have won if he was in montreal?

montreal had the choice of espositio or vachone or Dryden and they went with Dryden. they were able to see all these guys practice everyday... see their personalities

parent got red hot for 2-3 years and wow... amazing... but his career was very short. from 65 when he started until 73 he was a journeyman bouncing around. 3 teams and a stint in the wha. not able to lock down a starter job anywhere

he had 2 years of... amazing hockey... then basically lost his starting job... there was some injuries involved too but its hard to say he was worthy of being called better than dryden

vachone had very little success... he got out of the first round of the playoffs twice in his last 11 seasons after leaving montreal

Esposito... a lot of shutouts and a lengthy career... a lot of bad hockey too... a gaa of over 3 at playoff time. tony o was a great example of feast or famine. he could be unbeatable at times and then stink the next night.

cheevers… layed in more than 47 games in a season once... he could barely say he was the starter on his team. he was constantly battling for the number 1 job

trekiak might have been a product of a great team the same as Dryden... hard to judge that

and smith... he won... Dryden won... winning is what you want your goalie to do

but both played on great teams. would either guy have won if they played on another team?

to me Dryden just never stunk... he never seemed mortal... I just felt defeated anytime we went against that guy. he put us down 1-0 before the puck dropped. maybe it was that entire team I dont know... but when he played for montreal they seemed unbeatable and when he left they instantly became just another team

Reactions: DaaaaB's
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad