Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VIII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I'm one of very few that picked Oshawa to win this series, and Keyser was going to steal it. Right now, he has the third best playoff goals against average and second best playoff save percentage this century for goaltenders going at least two rounds.
He stopped Captain Jack on a breakaway tonight. He stared Studnicka down after the save and Studnicka stared right back with KK38 giving him a big smile.

Studnicka was finally able to beat him later (1 goal on 26 shots against Keyser this series) and returned the smile.

After winning the first two games, and losing the next 3 (where Keyser has a .952 SV%) I have to wonder if Jack is regretting the trade to Niagara, who were the heavy favorites for an OHL Championship and Memorial Cup birth.

In video form

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Any interest in FA dman to be Chase Priskie? He put up huge numbers and will become FA after turning down Caps offer.

At 23 he's ready for the show.
You can never have enough good dmen

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Steen with a goal tonight in his team's 8-2 beatdown. They are down 3-2 in the series. I know there is talk of him joining Team Sweden but he could help Providence in the playoffs.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Sooo Jack is done right? Potentially joining the P Bruins?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
That's an understatement.

I've only gone back to 2000 so far but he has the best save percentage of any goalie going past 2 rounds and that includes the likes of John Gibson.

I have a vote for the OHL most outstanding player. Came in second in my vote.

My die hard ice dog fan season ticket holder family a little upset with Keyser...lol

Providence will welcome Studnicka in the fold. Need his help.

Reactions: rocketdan9

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
My die hard ice dog fan season ticket holder family a little upset with Keyser...lol

As they should be.

I don't know of anyone that predicted Oshawa to beat Niagara, except yours truly. I predicted Keyser would steal the series for them in 7 games. They did it in 6. Unless one is a diehard follower of the OHL, one won't truly understand how he shut down the best offensive team the OHL has seen in 5 years. And doing it with record setting numbers.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
As they should be.

I don't know of anyone that predicted Oshawa to beat Niagara, except yours truly. I predicted Keyser would steal the series for them in 7 games. They did it in 6. Unless one is a diehard follower of the OHL, one won't truly understand how he shut down the best offensive team the OHL has seen in 5 years. And doing it with record setting numbers.
Dom, please consider this my tap on your back for both your prediction on this series and just how good Keyser would be. I so miss having OHL in my town ( grew up with the Cornwall Royals and the Memorial Cups ). I used to love sitting with the scouts as a teenager just to occasionally get tidbits on who they worked for and who they were watching. It was amazing to me as a young man how nice most of these guys were to talk to.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Heard also good things about Swayman

Vladar, Swayman, Keyser... hopefully one will be able to become a bonafide #1 at the nhl level in the near future

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
As they should be.

That's why you get paid the big $$$ :laugh:
Well done Dom,ahead of the curve again!

Reactions: HustleB

BruinsNetwork

Has had an unfortunate run with injuries recently, but that’s not what warranted this. The writing was on the wall well before any of that. I’ve had some details to add for a while now, but didn’t want to get into it for his sake while he was still with the organization. I’ll add what’s appropriate in a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Has had an unfortunate run with injuries recently, but that’s not what warranted this. The writing was on the wall well before any of that. I’ve had some details to add for a while now, but didn’t want to get into it for his sake while he was still with the organization. I’ll add what’s appropriate in a little bit.

For now, let me say this: Someone who was with the P-Bruins last year, but moved on to a different organization this year, didn’t have anything good to say about him in or around the locker room. I personally have spoken to a few others who didn’t have many good things to say.

My least favorite aspect of him in Providence was watching him in the scout box when he was scratched. Saw him doing everything but watching the games. Instead, he seemed to be joking around a lot and goofing off. It’s a shame, really.

He was the next coming of Marchand...thought I read somewhere where he was an extremely dedicated / hard working player before reaching the bruins.

Anxious to hear more. Should be interesting.

Too bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad