Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Yes. He wasn't up to game shape. I know people don't like using injury/illness as an excuse, but it is what it is.

Senyshyn (after the mono) missed two weeks with an appendectomy. Got back on the ice to soon IMO and wasn't in shape. Compare it to Gabriel Vilardi in Windsor (who is projected as a top 5 pick in the draft) missed 5 weeks with the same appendectomy. Returned tonight with 2 goals and 2 assists. Took his time coming back.

What's your take on how he feels getting cut from Team Canada? Does he care? Will it inspire him to work harder on his game to hit even more points with the Greyhounds?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Boston connects on even 30% of their draft pick forwards they are in fantastic shape - I'm counting 63 & 88 as first liners now or soon; I'm not including Vatrano or Czarnik because they were FA signings even though both look like hits. Also leaving out Blidh Acciari and Kuraly who I see as bottom 6

Senyshyn
Bjork
Heinen
Donato
Cehlarik
DeBrusk
Frederic
Gabrielle
Fitzgerald
JFK

Very optimistic and I badly missed on Carlo & Pasta are by a year or two which is a good thing

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
What's your take on how he feels getting cut from Team Canada? Does he care? Will it inspire him to work harder on his game to hit even more points with the Greyhounds?

Have not talked to him so I'm not even going to speculate how he feels. I know players I have talked to in the past have been very upset and then there are others who shrug it off and go out on the ice to do their talking. I could speculate on how he feels, but then that wouldn't be fair.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If Boston connects on even 30% of their draft pick forwards they are in fantastic shape - I'm counting 63 & 88 as first liners now or soon; I'm not including Vatrano or Czarnik because they were FA signings even though both look like hits. Also leaving out Blidh Acciari and Kuraly who I see as bottom 6

Senyshyn
Bjork
Heinen
Donato
Cehlarik
DeBrusk
Frederic
Gabrielle
Fitzgerald
JFK

Very optimistic and I badly missed on Carlo & Pasta are by a year or two which is a good thing
Not seeing Kuraly a fit when they have his replacement in college. They will sign him soon. Harvard I think. JFK.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I see Kuraly as a 4th line, PK energy guy. I hope JFK is at least a very good #3 centerman or the potential as a #2.

I think that is how everyone in the Bruins organization has seen Kuraly. I would expect him to be Boston's fourth-line center in the next year or two.

JFK's ceiling is probably as a #2. The organization is missing that future #1, however. (Maybe he'll be found in this year's draft, if the Bruins sink in the standings...or if Boston offer sheets Eichel in a couple of year :naughty:)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think that is how everyone in the Bruins organization has seen Kuraly. I would expect him to be Boston's fourth-line center in the next year or two.

JFK's ceiling is probably as a #2. The organization is missing that future #1, however. (Maybe he'll be found in this year's draft, if the Bruins sink in the standings...or if Boston offer sheets Eichel in a couple of year :naughty:)
Eichel & Pastrnak yowza

Jack could wear his Patriots garb in public

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
From what I have been reading on this site of late with reference to Barzal, lack of goalscoring at lower levels doesn't bode well for prospects, JFK has 3 goals in 17 games.

From what I have read he is a smart, defensively conscious player, probably projects as a lower line checker not a #2C.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I got bored waiting for the USA vs RUS game, so I compared Senyshyn's regular season goalscoring rate to a select few (mostly) high-pick OHL alumni that are now considered solid NHL players. Bear in mind that age is not considered here and it's far from comprehensive, seeing as total points tallies aren't considered - but it still reflects fairly well on Zach.

Senyshyn - 91 goals in 162 games (15th overall) - 0.56 GPG

Perry - 140 in 253 (28th overall) - 0.55
Kadri - 92 in 242 (7th overall) - 0.38
Schiefele - 84 in 158 (7th overall) - 0.53
Skinner - 77 in 127 (7th overall) - 0.60
Bennett - 65 in 128 (4th overall) - 0.50
Duchene - 61 in 121 (3rd overall) - 0.50
Landeskog - 60 in 114 (2nd overall) - 0.52
O'Rielly - 35 in 129 (33rd overall) - 0.27

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
From what I have been reading on this site of late with reference to Barzal, lack of goalscoring at lower levels doesn't bode well for prospects, JFK has 3 goals in 17 games.

From what I have read he is a smart, defensively conscious player, probably projects as a lower line checker not a #2C.

I was going to post exactly this a few weeks ago - because of that Barzal argument and JFK's lopsided assist stats. The I remembered, JFK was never considered a 1st round talent. Barzal was once touted as a top 3 pick. So, there is that distinction.

I actually do see top 6 C potential in JFK however - because when you see him live - this year with Patrick Harper and Jordan Greenway, for example. He does SO much to allow those players to do their thing. His dominance in the face-off circle is astounding - and he is out there for the vast majority of key draws. If he ends up as a 3rd line center, so be it - he will be a good one and he will get a good amount of PP time because of his playmaking and effectiveness at the dot.

As for his lack of scoring - he has never been a big scorer - but he does have some untapped potential there. He has a good shot and he is nasty 1 on 0 when he gets separation from defenders. He is an interesting player to watch, for sure!

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I got bored waiting for the USA vs RUS game, so I compared Senyshyn's regular season goalscoring rate to a select few (mostly) high-pick OHL alumni that are now considered solid NHL players. Bear in mind that age is not considered here and it's far from comprehensive, seeing as total points tallies aren't considered - but it still reflects fairly well on Zach.

Senyshyn - 91 goals in 162 games (15th overall) - 0.56 GPG

Perry - 140 in 253 (28th overall) - 0.55
Kadri - 92 in 242 (7th overall) - 0.38
Schiefele - 84 in 158 (7th overall) - 0.53
Skinner - 77 in 127 (7th overall) - 0.60
Bennett - 65 in 128 (4th overall) - 0.50
Duchene - 61 in 121 (3rd overall) - 0.50
Landeskog - 60 in 114 (2nd overall) - 0.52
O'Rielly - 35 in 129 (33rd overall) - 0.27

I'll compare him to other guys that had elite speed:
.49 GPG Dan Paille - was also gritty in his own right.
.42 GPG Rico Fata - was solely a speed demon.
.70 GPG Emerson Etem - looks like elite speed carried him?

Trying to think of other "pure" burners?

Aside from Duchene most guys you have listed Skinner Perry Schiefle all had speed as a area to develop. Skinner if I remember was really quick amazing laterally and on edges but his high end speed was questioned. Perry always fought an awkward stride. Schiefle was body strength and skating.

I've watched 2 Soo games on TV and man can he flat out fly. Obviously speed always transitions and is nice to have. From what I've seen a lot of his goals are on the fly using speed and angles. Which is fine but it will be very interesting as he transitions to the pros.

Being physically dominant or have one skill (skating/shooting) can carry you a long ways in Junior hockey.

The guys that like him are gunna say I'm picking him apart but here's to hoping he's more Marchand/Duchene like transitioning.

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
My view on Senyshyn is that is upside is Max Pacioretty and his downside is Dan Paille. He'll be an NHLer but what kind I don't know.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Senyshyn with 2 tonight, gives him 10 goals and 2 assists in last 5 games.

Soo Greyhounds are now a whopping 16-3-0-0 on the road

also 10-0-0-0 when ZS9 scores a goal

Are they gonna gear up for a deep playoff run? With the return of Speers, I suppose they are legitimate candidate? Would be really nice to see him at the Mem Cup.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I would be ecstatic if he turned in a long career as a 25g-25a speedy two way winger like Sturm did. That would be great for a mid first round pick

In a normal draft I agree. 2015 is shaking out to be anything but ...

I hold 2003 as the gold standard and you're right Sturm in that draft would still be a good solid pick.

The temptation is that Getzlaf Perry Richards Burns Parise run in the mid to late first that thinks the homeruns will be similar.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In a normal draft I agree. 2015 is shaking out to be anything but ...

I hold 2003 as the gold standard and you're right Sturm in that draft would still be a good solid pick.

The temptation is that Getzlaf Perry Richards Burns Parise run in the mid to late first that thinks the homeruns will be similar.

I think 2015 is already showing to be a deep draft for sure.

We'll have to see if there are any Getzlaf - Parise guys who emerge from this draft. Right now I don't see that type of guy from the middle of the first round, but who knows maybe they will emerge

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Didn't see the game but heard some really good things during the telecast about McAvoy and Lingdren at WJ. How did they look?

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Didn't see the game but heard some really good things during the telecast about McAvoy and Lingdren at WJ. How did they look?
I was at the game yesterday, had great seats. McAvoy and Lingdren looked good. Both have very active sticks when defending, Lindgren is more of a defensive dee, jumped into the rush once. I see a bit of Drew Doughty in McAvoy. He still needs work of his lateral movement. He should be ready in 2 years. I see Lindgren as more of a defensive defenceman, 4th or 5th guy.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I think 2015 is already showing to be a deep draft for sure.

We'll have to see if there are any Getzlaf - Parise guys who emerge from this draft. Right now I don't see that type of guy from the middle of the first round, but who knows maybe they will emerge

My problem all along with the projections of these picks is that the 2015 draft had/was compared to 2003 for a couple years before it happened. Maybe I'm wrong but I absolutely think more kids than normal in this draft are gunna be star/impact players.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My problem all along with the projections of these picks is that the 2015 draft had/was compared to 2003 for a couple years before it happened. Maybe I'm wrong but I absolutely think more kids than normal in this draft are gunna be star/impact players.

Perhaps, and Senyshyn may well be a star impact player?

Zboril may still end up being a top pairing guy with his sublime skating skill.

I don't see it with DeBrusk, and he was the one player at the draft I explicitly didn't walk, but if he ends up being a 20+ goal guy on a regular basis then it may not be that bad.

There probably will be some stud players from outside the top 10 in the 2015 draft, but I don't think it is going to be 2003

But ultimately we don't know. If Senyshyn goes for 283 goals and 300 assists over a 10 year career with Boston, that could leave him the 26th best player in this draft class (probably not that low), or maybe the 8th best player in the class.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Perhaps, and Senyshyn may well be a star impact player?

Zboril may still end up being a top pairing guy with his sublime skating skill.

I don't see it with DeBrusk, and he was the one player at the draft I explicitly didn't walk, but if he ends up being a 20+ goal guy on a regular basis then it may not be that bad.

There probably will be some stud players from outside the top 10 in the 2015 draft, but I don't think it is going to be 2003

But ultimately we don't know. If Senyshyn goes for 283 goals and 300 assists over a 10 year career with Boston, that could leave him the 26th best player in this draft class (probably not that low), or maybe the 8th best player in the class.

For some reason I'm attached to the 2015 class more than any I can ever remember. I usually don't hold grudges and just move along with Bruins drafting and hope for the best. The 2015 class I feel attached to any betrayed for some reason. I always have my favourites from reading scouting reports and blogs and seeing a couple games. I think it was the 3 in a row at such high spots and not getting anybody I really wanted or the "pros" projected instead of just the 1 pick and move along scenario. I post daily about it for some stupid reason and barely posted monthly before haha.

I didn't complain about Fredric like the masses did and hope for the best from McAvoy etc...

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Missed it. How did Sherman and Teddy's kid look?

I only watched the first. Harvard is really good. The presentation was poor, just the one camera on center ice with no zoom, I struggled following play, so I stopped watching. Donato was out there a lot, but I didn't see much in the way of plays from him. I guess Donato did chip in a goal late.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
McAvoy and Lingren's Team USA take on Lauzon's Team Canada at the WJ's today at 3:30 ET. The showdown will decide first place in their group to close out the preliminary round for both. Great way to follow up the Bruins matinee with the Sabers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad