Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Hopefully we get some good looks at Bruins prospects over this week. I'm still looking to find out if Zenyshyn was cut from Team Canada or not. I liked Dom's analysis of his set-play game (spring the centre up, who hits ZS flying up the wing) and I am hopeful he finds his two-way game.

edit: Finally found the roster for today's game; I'm guessing Senyshyn was cut.

flooredaccord

Apr 30, 2011
Hopefully we get some good looks at Bruins prospects over this week. I'm still looking to find out if Zenyshyn was cut from Team Canada or not. I liked Dom's analysis of his set-play game (spring the centre up, who hits ZS flying up the wing) and I am hopeful he finds his two-way game.

Zach Senyshyn of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds got the bad news from Hockey Canada brass shortly after the team’s 8-0 victory over the Czech Republic in a pre-tournament game.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan

Yeah...he was one of last picks..I'm surprised Dubois (CBJ) was picked over him and Sam Steel

Dubois with 6 goals in 20 games
ZS 17 goals in 25 games
Steel 23 goals in 25 games

puzzling...

Boston has 5 guys...Lauzon..Vladar...Zboril...McAvoy..Lindgren

Philly leads with 9 and Bruins tied for 2nd with their 5

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Yeah...he was one of last picks..I'm surprised Dubois (CBJ) was picked over him and Sam Steel

Dubois with 6 goals in 20 games
ZS 17 goals in 25 games
Steel 23 goals in 25 games

puzzling...

Boston has 5 guys...Lauzon..Vladar...Zboril...McAvoy..Lindgren

Philly leads with 9 and Bruins tied for 2nd with their 5

Wow, philly with 9.:amazed:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Mr odaat, how many times have you seen him this year? What has the "perceived" issues of attitude been like reported in local media? Thanks

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mr odaat, how many times have you seen him this year? What has the "perceived" issues of attitude been like reported in local media? Thanks

Seen him play zero times live this year Wobbly, the only trip the Sea Dogs made down here was early in the year and I believe he was with the Jets camp at that time.

Was speaking to an ex colleague who was also a tix holder here in Halifax who`s now calling St John home and has embraced the new team with tix.

He has only "speculated" on what he thinks and that is that Green is being pushed out by Chabot coming back from the Sens camp hurting his ice time combined with the fact that Zboril has played "exceptionally well" all season, his words not mine, he`s no Bruins fan, in fact, another misguided Hab fan who told me hands down, Zboril has been the most consistently solid D-man all year, Chabot and Green will get the most ink as there is little flash to Zboril`s game

So my "inside connection":sarcasm: is strictly a fan/friend who is very knowledgeable and has played the game at the US Collegiate ( studied at Clarkson) level himself who relayed simply his opinion, not something based on a conversation with someone in the organization

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Several Seadog games have been carried by the local cable network provider in New Brunswick. Zboril took on much more of a offensive role when Chabot was still with the Senators early in the year. He ran with it and had very good success. Upon Chabot's return he transitioned to more of the shut down/defensive role he had played in the past without any problem. He is still occasionally paired with Chabot, at times on the PP. Continues to deliver his stellar all round play for a team that has quickly returned to being one of the top teams in the Q this season. His contributions have played a big part in bringing that about.

Green was said to be disgruntled with being stuck behind the top two D-men and wanted a chance to show more of his offensive game. He can at times be a liability defensively. Not sure how he will be used with his new team but offence contribution is his strength. SJ did get a good return for him with a first and 2 second round draft picks.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
How about that 2014 draft? Honestly didn't think much of their choices but

Pasta continues to be our team's most dangerous scorer
Donato's stat-line at Harvard looks good
Heinen is hovering around a PPG in the AHL and definitely benefitted from playing in the NHL even if he wasn't productive
Bjork is currently 6th highest scorer in NCAA hockey
Johansson is doubling his point totals playing in a men's league as a D man

I definitely underrated the quality of players we got here until recenty

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
How about that 2014 draft? Honestly didn't think much of their choices but

Pasta continues to be our team's most dangerous scorer
Donato's stat-line at Harvard looks good
Heinen is hovering around a PPG in the AHL and definitely benefitted from playing in the NHL even if he wasn't productive
Bjork is currently 6th highest scorer in NCAA hockey
Johansson is doubling his point totals playing in a men's league as a D man

I definitely underrated the quality of players we got here until recenty

Just goes to show when drafting its not about what the kid has done... but entirely about what he might do

And even when you do it right it still fails more often than it succeeds

And even when it succeeds above the average rate of success... fans will still complain because some other kid with no future has a big night playing in front of 900 fans in some little Canadian town this Saturday

As I think about the hype around some of our guys... krecji got hype as a special k... but what happen to karsums and kalus?

Bergeron came out of nowhere

Rask got hype... so did Kyle wanvig and Hannu toivonen

Joe Thornton and serge samsonov Certainly got hype... Zach hamil didn't get much nor did Kevyn Adams or Shawn Bates

Ivan Huml And Cameron Mann were darlings here of the hype

Anthony camera had his huge supporters

I personally was hyping Lars jonsson and Martin samuelsson

But lucic And marchand didn't get a lot of support when I hype them

Sometimes junior success can indicate nhl success... but a lot of times it doesn't

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Interested to see what others think of Jakub Zboril.

The picture that I'm seeing painted in various places is of a player with all of the tools needed to be a successful NHL defenseman, but also of a player who consistently gets in trouble trying to do too much - i.e. not maintaining positional discipline, trying to do too much with the puck, etc.

That's actually not too bad... you can work with someone who has all of the physical tools, but consistently makes mental mistakes.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

The picture that I'm seeing painted in various places is of a player with all of the tools needed to be a successful NHL defenseman, but also of a player who consistently gets in trouble trying to do too much - i.e. not maintaining positional discipline, trying to do too much with the puck, etc.

That's actually not too bad... you can work with someone who has all of the physical tools, but consistently makes mental mistakes.

I think his skating ability alone will net him a job at some point. The kid has some of the most natural skating ability from a Bruins D prospect I've ever seen. I've read in other places that stylistically, he's similar to a James Wisniewski, a guy who can skate, move the puck and put up decent point totals, and surprise you with his physicality. I think Zboril has the tools and talent to be a good 2nd pairing dman. IMO I don't see a top pairing guy. While it's still way to early to write him off of being one, I just don't see the swagger of a number 1 or a top pairing guy.

All in all, I think he'll make the NHL and land a 2nd pairing role at some point down the line. With internal options ahead of him on the left side currently ( Chara for another year or more, Krug, Morrow is still around, O'Gara and Gryz looking promising ) there's no rush. Out of the three guys we got in the first round, I think he'll take the longest road to the NHL.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think they've been killing the draft the last few years and it's starting to show. I was skeptical at the time of many of the picks but they've all done their part to prove my skepticism wrong to this point in time. I honestly can't say I'm disappointed with the progress of any of our recent picks

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

My take is that he lacks pace. His movements his thinking, it's... I don't know. Sluggish is not the right word but it's like he lacks a sense of urgency until the **** is actually hitting the fan and then he raises his compete level and tries to make the best of it. But if he played with that urgency all the time he would't get in trouble in the first place.

I don't know. The talent is there. Maybe it's just a small sampling but that impression also spans two development camps, and it's why I consistently rank him lower than most.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think his skating ability alone will net him a job at some point. The kid has some of the most natural skating ability from a Bruins D prospect I've ever seen. I've read in other places that stylistically, he's similar to a James Wisniewski, a guy who can skate, move the puck and put up decent point totals, and surprise you with his physicality. I think Zboril has the tools and talent to be a good 2nd pairing dman. IMO I don't see a top pairing guy. While it's still way to early to write him off of being one, I just don't see the swagger of a number 1 or a top pairing guy.

All in all, I think he'll make the NHL and land a 2nd pairing role at some point down the line. With internal options ahead of him on the left side currently ( Chara for another year or more, Krug, Morrow is still around, O'Gara and Gryz looking promising ) there's no rush. Out of the three guys we got in the first round, I think he'll take the longest road to the NHL.

Good stuff Veddar- nice synopsis

team_alex

Jun 23, 2006
New Brunswick

I recently moved to SJ and have caught a few SeaDogs games so far, although only two with Zboril. I have to agree with VeddarRants comments.

The SeaDogs are pretty deep on the blue line. With Green gone, Zboril can take more minutes in more situations. It will be interesting to see how he handles it, especially with SJ looking to make a deep run.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
My take is that he lacks pace. His movements his thinking, it's... I don't know. Sluggish is not the right word but it's like he lacks a sense of urgency until the **** is actually hitting the fan and then he raises his compete level and tries to make the best of it. But if he played with that urgency all the time he would't get in trouble in the first place.

I don't know. The talent is there. Maybe it's just a small sampling but that impression also spans two development camps, and it's why I consistently rank him lower than most.

That first line sort of describes the 3 grenade handlers we have on the B,s.
He should fit right in!

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Senyshyn with 2 tonight, gives him 10 goals and 2 assists in last 5 games.

Soo Greyhounds are now a whopping 16-3-0-0 on the road

also 10-0-0-0 when ZS9 scores a goal

Would you say there is a difference between how he is playing now vs the beginning the year? Not that he's producing now vs then, but more how he looks on the ice.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Interesting to note: In his latest blog, Kirk thinks that both McAvoy and JFK will sign pro deals at the end of their BU season.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Would you say there is a difference between how he is playing now vs the beginning the year? Not that he's producing now vs then, but more how he looks on the ice.

Yes. He wasn't up to game shape. I know people don't like using injury/illness as an excuse, but it is what it is.

Senyshyn (after the mono) missed two weeks with an appendectomy. Got back on the ice to soon IMO and wasn't in shape. Compare it to Gabriel Vilardi in Windsor (who is projected as a top 5 pick in the draft) missed 5 weeks with the same appendectomy. Returned tonight with 2 goals and 2 assists. Took his time coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad