Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Resetting things a little...

Forwards:
Alex Khokhlachev (...sort of), Anders Bjork, Austin Czarnik, Cameron Hughes, Danton Heinen, Frank Vatrano, Jake DeBrusk, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Jesse Gabrielle, Noel Acciari, Peter Cehlarik, Ryan Donato, Ryan Fitzgerald, Sean Kuraly, Seth Griffith, Trent Frederic, Zach Senyshyn

Defensemen:
Brandon Carlo, Charlie McAvoy, Colin Miller, Emil Johansson, Jakub Zboril, Jeremy Lauzon, Matt Benning, Matt Grzelcyk, Rob O'Gara, Ryan Lindgren, Wiley Sherman

Goalies:
Daniel Vladar, Jeremy Smith, Malcolm Subban, Zane McIntyre

Not sure how many perennial All-Stars are on that list, but I think there are a ton of kids that are going to have fairly significant NHL careers. Probably the deepest group of prospects I can remember in my 30+ years as a Bruins fan.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My top 30 (I dropped Koko and Chudinov as KHL exiles, Trotman and Randell due to Group VI UFA status, and Sexton and Casto as RFAs likely to not get qualifying offers)

In no particular order

Forwards (18):

Griffith
Senyshyn
Ferlin
Debrusk
Cehlarik
Bjork
Blidh
Gabrielle
Vatrano
Heinen
JFK
Donato
Czarnik
Acciari
Frederic
Kuraly
Fitzgerald
Ferraro

D-men (10)

Morrow
Zboril
O'Gara
Gryz
Arnesson
Lauzon
Lindgren
C.Miller
Carlo
McAvoy

Goaltenders (2)

Subban
McIntyre

Outside my Top 30

Vlader, Hickman, Hargrove, Cave, Becker, Hughes, Benning, Sherman, Johansson, Clarke, Koppanen, Steen.

It is certainly a case of quantity over quality for Boston's prospect pool. But it does appear deep, and a decent chance of developing quite a few quality NHL players.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
My top 30 (I dropped Koko and Chudinov as KHL exiles, Trotman and Randell due to Group VI UFA status, and Sexton and Casto as RFAs likely to not get qualifying offers)

In no particular order

Forwards (18):

Griffith
Senyshyn
Ferlin
Debrusk
Cehlarik
Bjork
Blidh
Gabrielle
Vatrano
Heinen
JFK
Donato
Czarnik
Acciari
Frederic
Kuraly
Fitzgerald
Ferraro

D-men (10)

Morrow
Zboril
O'Gara
Gryz
Arnesson
Lauzon
Lindgren
C.Miller
Carlo
McAvoy

Goaltenders (2)

Subban
McIntyre

Outside my Top 30

Vlader, Hickman, Hargrove, Cave, Becker, Hughes, Benning, Sherman, Johansson, Clarke, Koppanen, Steen.

It is certainly a case of quantity over quality for Boston's prospect pool. But it does appear deep, and a decent chance of developing quite a few quality NHL players.

Well done just 1 guy I read did have a good year last year and maybe a late bloomer.
Emil Johansson(D) from a poster on here but lives in Sweden. He was saying that he really came into his own, hopefully like Cehlarik, he gets his butt over here and begins the N/A game

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Resetting things a little...

Forwards:
Alex Khokhlachev (...sort of), Anders Bjork, Austin Czarnik, Cameron Hughes, Danton Heinen, Frank Vatrano, Jake DeBrusk, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Jesse Gabrielle, Noel Acciari, Peter Cehlarik, Ryan Donato, Ryan Fitzgerald, Sean Kuraly, Seth Griffith, Trent Frederic, Zach Senyshyn

Defensemen:
Brandon Carlo, Charlie McAvoy, Colin Miller, Emil Johansson, Jakub Zboril, Jeremy Lauzon, Matt Benning, Matt Grzelcyk, Rob O'Gara, Ryan Lindgren, Wiley Sherman

Goalies:
Daniel Vladar, Jeremy Smith, Malcolm Subban, Zane McIntyre

Not sure how many perennial All-Stars are on that list, but I think there are a ton of kids that are going to have fairly significant NHL careers. Probably the deepest group of prospects I can remember in my 30+ years as a Bruins fan.

Love it, haven`t seen it this deep in years if at all

is there a site/source that ranks which teams have the best/worst prospect pool? I`d be interested in seeing where this group ranks

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Seen something on it before this draft and we were ranked #5 but its subjective at best. Think then it was the leafs, Flyers, jets maybe sabres from what I remember

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I really like our prospect depth.

I do think we're at a point right now where we need to do one ( hell, maybe even both ) of the following

1. Trade assets/prospect depth for current NHL talent to take advantage of the Bergeron/Krejci/Marchand/Rask window.

2. Make roster room to pop the prospect bubble on some of the kids to see if we have ourselves NHL players.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Is Charlie now our top prospect?

I genuinely don't know how to rank our squad.

Maybe. In terms of age/potential, I'd say probably. He was a 1st pairing D on a very good hockey team in the toughest division in the NCAA, and he was the youngest player in the league. The kid has a lot of skill and has a lot of time to refine it.

It would be very hard to rank our prospects. We don't have a whole lot of projected star/elite talent, but our prospect pool is LOADED. Lots of diverse prospects, ranging from scorers to role players. Not all will hit, but quite a few will. Hopefully a few of those exceed expectations. Like what Sweeney has done or not this past year, he has turned our previously barren system into one of the top ones in the league.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Is Charlie now our top prospect?

I genuinely don't know how to rank our squad.

I don't know either. This is a good call.

Between:

McAvoy
Lauzon
Lindgren
Grzelcyk
Carlo
Miller
Zboril
O'Gara
Morrow

... there's just no way we don't have at least two top-four defencemen in the system. That's how I would rank them too.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Between:

McAvoy
Lauzon
Lindgren
Grzelcyk
Carlo
Miller
Zboril
O'Gara
Morrow

... there's just no way we don't have at least two top-four defencemen in the system. That's how I would rank them too.

I think we'll see a very forward heavy draft next year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Between:

McAvoy
Lauzon
Lindgren
Grzelcyk
Carlo
Miller
Zboril
O'Gara
Morrow

To be honest our Top Prospect right now is Frank Vatrano.

And I'm not saying that because he's the nearest to being NHL ready, but I think he could eventually be a consistent 30-35 goal scorer, and one who can play on both sides of the puck. Those don't grow on trees. Only 8 guys in the whole league last year top 35 goals.

After Vatrano, If were just talking a combination of upside and chance of succcess, I have it at a 3-way race between Lauzon, McAvoy, and Senhyshyn.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
How far away is Carlo from jumping in? Outside of the WJC I haven't really watched him play. I'm guessing he's in PRO this year???

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How far away is Carlo from jumping in? Outside of the WJC I haven't really watched him play. I'm guessing he's in PRO this year???

Safe bet. He's not quite there yet.

Depending on who comes in and whose left, as well an injuries, I can see him getting a look in later in the season. Right now I'd peg him at 5th on the depth chart of guys who can play the right-side

K.Miller
McQuaid
Seidenberg
C.Miller
Carlo

I would be shocked if a minor-league veteran on a two-way deal wasn't brought in as depth.

Not sure if Casto was qualified or not.

I'd bet money he gets at least a game or two this season.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Idk how much bigger he needs to get, he was looking like he was filling out pretty nicely last time I saw him play on TV

I'll be interested to see what he's listed at next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad