Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Resetting things a little...

Forwards:
Alex Khokhlachev (...sort of), Anders Bjork, Austin Czarnik, Cameron Hughes, Danton Heinen, Frank Vatrano, Jake DeBrusk, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Jesse Gabrielle, Noel Acciari, Peter Cehlarik, Ryan Donato, Ryan Fitzgerald, Sean Kuraly, Seth Griffith, Trent Frederic, Zach Senyshyn

Defensemen:
Brandon Carlo, Charlie McAvoy, Colin Miller, Emil Johansson, Jakub Zboril, Jeremy Lauzon, Matt Benning, Matt Grzelcyk, Rob O'Gara, Ryan Lindgren, Wiley Sherman

Goalies:
Daniel Vladar, Jeremy Smith, Malcolm Subban, Zane McIntyre

Not sure how many perennial All-Stars are on that list, but I think there are a ton of kids that are going to have fairly significant NHL careers. Probably the deepest group of prospects I can remember in my 30+ years as a Bruins fan.

Thanks for the list GM. Like others I'm excited, as this is the best prospect group in memory.

I'd add Linus Arnesson to the list of defensemen. Second round draft pick (#60) and doesn't turn 22 until September, with a full year of development in Providence already on his resume.

Profile: http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?10083

Last edited:

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Thats good as I see value in both. Big Casto could be the Bruins 7th dee. Ferlin played very well when he came up 2 yrs ago. He hustled, hit everything, has size. Could be a good 4th liner and was dependable defensively, too bad he was injured last year.

Ferlin looked promising in his short stint back in home stretch of 2014-15. His concussion issues derailed him last year, but bringing him back on a two-way qualifying offer is a smart move. No need to cut ties with him right now.

Casto might get a cup of coffee in Boston as a call-up. They need depth in case of injuries at RD. If you include Seids, Casto is about 5th on the RD depth chart for next season. Carlo likely moves past him quickly (Maybe even by Oct/Nov) but right now Casto is ahead simply based on his pro experience.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
He was basically a bigger Cunningham, we could use some size hitting on the 4th like the Isles 4th line. Ferlin knew his game and his role bring him back. Young still and cost efficient

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
You guys are all on track either Carlo, O'Gara or Arnesson. They are all dependable dee that will be in the bruin mold but they can skate. Perfect pairing guys for offensive deemen. Sweeney basically got what they need for the future on dee and with the odds/number of prospects we should be set.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
With DeBrusk, Heinen, Grzelcyk, Carlo and O'Gara all poised to make their pro debut. What does Providence's lineup look like next year?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You guys are all on track either Carlo, O'Gara or Arnesson. They are all dependable dee that will be in the bruin mold but they can skate. Perfect pairing guys for offensive deemen. Sweeney basically got what they need for the future on dee and with the odds/number of prospects we should be set.

future looks bright unfortunately here on HF, the future means jack all

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
With DeBrusk, Heinen, Grzelcyk, Carlo and O'Gara all poised to make their pro debut. What does Providence's lineup look like next year?

As it stands today.

Debrusk - Czarnik - Griffith
Blidh - Heinen - Ferlin
Hargrove - Kuraly - Cehlarik
Rinaldo - Cave - Hickman

O'Gara - Casto
Cross - Carlo
Arnesson - Grzelcyk

Subban
McIntyre

ECHL: Vlader

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
here's my top 20. vatrano/c.miller not included - using a 25 NHL games rule for graduation from "prospect"...

1 - senyshyn
2 - mcavoy
3 - heinen
4 - lauzon
5 - JFK
6 - zboril
7 - lindgren
8 - subban
9 - carlo
10 - gabrielle
11 - debrusk
12 - czarnik
13 - o'gara
14 - donato
15 - bjork
16 - frederic
17 - grzelcyk
18 - mcintyre
19 - vladar
20 - clarke

HM: arnesson, griffith, fitzgerald, blidh, hughes

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
here's my top 20. vatrano/c.miller not included - using a 25 NHL games rule for graduation from "prospect"...

1 - senyshyn
2 - mcavoy
3 - heinen
4 - lauzon
5 - JFK
6 - zboril
7 - lindgren
8 - subban
9 - carlo
10 - gabrielle
11 - debrusk
12 - czarnik
13 - o'gara
14 - donato
15 - bjork
16 - frederic
17 - grzelcyk
18 - mcintyre
19 - vladar
20 - clarke

HM: arnesson, griffith, fitzgerald, blidh, hughes

Swap McAvoy/Senyshyn and Lindgren/Zboril and I can pretty much agree with your list

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
You're really sleeping on Danton Heinen and Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson IMO.

Not sleeping on them they easily could be there and probably would be in most others but We'll see. Heinen has a very High hockey IQ, always seems to be in the right spot. JFK never seen him play live but seems to be a similar type payer.

Curious what two would you replace them with?

The nice thing is the Bruins have a large group of top prospects and I'm sure everyone's list would be a little different as the future looks to be very good.:thumbu:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not sleeping on them they easily could be there and probably would be in most others but We'll see. Heinen has a very High hockey IQ, always seems to be in the right spot. JFK never seen him play live but seems to be a similar type payer.

The nice thing is the Bruins have a large group of top prospects and I'm sure everyone's list would be a little different as the future looks to be very good.:thumbu:

I like Lindgren, but honestly I see no reason to believe he deserves to be in the top 10 right now. He was a mid second round pick in a mediocre draft. If he goes off to Minnesota and has a big year there then I can see maybe putting him in the top 10, but right now it is very rushed

I also think you are pushing a bit to high on Bjork. Again I like the player, but he and Heinen were both at the same level last year, and while Bjork did well Heinen was a much better player

I actually like O'Gara more than most, but few would have him in the top 10

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA

Heinen IMO is #3 behind Senyshyn and Mcavoy. JFK IMO is # 5. Bumping out DeBrusk and Carlo. Both nice players and Carlo acquitted himself quite nicely when I saw him in his lone AHL playoff game. I just see them both juuuust outside our top 5.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I like Lindgren, but honestly I see no reason to believe he deserves to be in the top 10 right now. He was a mid second round pick in a mediocre draft. If he goes off to Minnesota and has a big year there then I can see maybe putting him in the top 10, but right now it is very rushed

I also think you are pushing a bit to high on Bjork. Again I like the player, but he and Heinen were both at the same level last year, and while Bjork did well Heinen was a much better player

I actually like O'Gara more than most, but few would have him in the top 10

Love Bjork reminds me of Dave Poulin with speed, agree on Lindgren probably a little to high with the list of prospects the Bruins have but I just feel he has a pro-style game. Bottom ceiling Mark Stuart top Ryan McDonagh somewhere in between I'd take.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Heinen IMO is #3 behind Senyshyn and Mcavoy. JFK IMO is # 5. Bumping out DeBrusk and Carlo. Both nice players and Carlo acquitted himself quite nicely when I saw him in his lone AHL playoff game. I just see them both juuuust outside our top 5.

Sounds like a good top 5. Lets just hope that at least half (or more of course) of everyone's top ten go on to have long successful NHL Careers with the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad