Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Danton Heinen the best player on the ice tonight as he scores both goals in a undermanned 2-1 win for Denver over BC. Denver was missing several of the upperclassmen up front.

Sounded like Heinen had maybe 2-3 other chances where Dembo robbed him as well

Heinen is now tied for the NCHC conference lead in goals and points through 6 games

Last edited:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Blidh continues to impress in Frolunda. Becoming an excellent penalty killer. You guys are about to get P.J. Axelsson 2.0 with physical play and agitating qualities.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Johansson is pretty much the number 1# defender on his team right now. The team that is leading the SHL by the way. As mentioned before; he is rock solid. He has put up some really nice passes lately and should have had more points by now if his teammates only had done their job. I've started to suspect that what is holding his offense back is his defensive compadres, earlier Chris "The turnover" Campoli and right now (as Campoli is out with a concussion) the old timer Petrasek who is twice the liability in the own zone as Campoli is.
- Basically, Johansson spends A LOT of time cleaning up for his teammates. However, when given the opportunity he has been willing to join the forwards on the rush and attack the net a bit more in the last games.

In the first 13 games, I cannot recall a single time that he has been caught out of position.

About Arnesson, I've only seen him live once but will get to see him again in a couple of weeks. He looked good when I saw him, great defensively. The fans of the team Djurgården consider him to be their number 1# defender as well.

A nice fact:
Emil Johansson and Arnesson ranks as number 2 and 3 when it comes boxplay minutes per goal against.
Johansson concedes on boxplay goal per 24:43 minute played, Arnesson 22:02.
Their teams rank 1 (HV71 94%) and 2 (Djurgården 89%) in the BP statistics after 13 games.

Sadly, there is no "shot blocking" statistic in the SHL, these guys would have been candidates for the top 20 for sure. Another fun fact is that HV71 only allows 1 shot against per boxplay.

It is quite unusual to have 18 and 20 year olds as leading defenders in the SHL, at least when it comes to defensive defenders. You really hit the jackpot with these guys.
This is quite promising so far. Best Dmen on their teams already at such young ages!

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Johansson is pretty much the number 1# defender on his team right now. The team that is leading the SHL by the way. As mentioned before; he is rock solid. He has put up some really nice passes lately and should have had more points by now if his teammates only had done their job. I've started to suspect that what is holding his offense back is his defensive compadres, earlier Chris "The turnover" Campoli and right now (as Campoli is out with a concussion) the old timer Petrasek who is twice the liability in the own zone as Campoli is.
- Basically, Johansson spends A LOT of time cleaning up for his teammates. However, when given the opportunity he has been willing to join the forwards on the rush and attack the net a bit more in the last games.

In the first 13 games, I cannot recall a single time that he has been caught out of position.

About Arnesson, I've only seen him live once but will get to see him again in a couple of weeks. He looked good when I saw him, great defensively. The fans of the team Djurgården consider him to be their number 1# defender as well.

A nice fact:
Emil Johansson and Arnesson ranks as number 2 and 3 when it comes boxplay minutes per goal against.
Johansson concedes on boxplay goal per 24:43 minute played, Arnesson 22:02.
Their teams rank 1 (HV71 94%) and 2 (Djurgården 89%) in the BP statistics after 13 games.

Sadly, there is no "shot blocking" statistic in the SHL, these guys would have been candidates for the top 20 for sure. Another fun fact is that HV71 only allows 1 shot against per boxplay.

It is quite unusual to have 18 and 20 year olds as leading defenders in the SHL, at least when it comes to defensive defenders. You really hit the jackpot with these guys.

Wow. I can't believe I missed this post.

Thank you so much for the report! Means a lot to us who never get a chance to see these guys. Great write-up.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Prospects stats nov 2

GP G A PTS P/M PIM Danton Heinen DENVER CCHA 6 3 3 6 4 4 Ryan Fitzgerald BC HEAST 6 5 1 6 8 0 Anders Bjork NOTRE DAME HEAST 8 1 3 4 1 4 Matt Grzelcyk BU HEAST 5 0 2 2 6 2 Wiley Sherman HARVARD HECAC 1 0 0 0 -2 0 Rob O'Gara YALE HECAC 1 0 0 0 0 0 Matt Benning NORTHEASTERN HEAST 5 0 0 0 -4 6 Colt Hargrove WESTERN MICHIGAN CCHA 5 1 1 2 -1 19 Linus Arneson DIF SHL 12 0 3 3 -2 2 Alex Fällström DIF SHL 5 2 2 4 4 4 Anton Blidh FROLUNDA SHL 18 0 0 0 -5 4 Emil Johansson HV71 SHL 18 0 1 1 -6 10 Peter Cehlarik LULEÅ SHL 18 2 7 9 1 2 Mitch Dempsey SAINT JOHN QMJHL 15 5 6 11 -2 12 Ryan Donato SOUTH SHORE USPHL 10 4 4 8 0 2

GP W L SL GAA SP Zane McIntyre NORTH DAKOTA CCHA 7 5 1 1 1.92 0.931

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Are you sure that's accurate? He got a penalty with a little over six minutes to go in the game, so that would be strange.

http://www.hv71.se/shl-arena/38962/live/

I'm not sure if he got hurt but he only played 3 minutes according to hv71s website. so either he was benched for poor play, missed most of the game for injury, or their website is inaccurate. I have nothing to go on other than that. assumed it was injury since a guy who had been a leader in ice time per game suddenly getting the least doesn't seem right unless he got hurt.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Bruins Prospects Stats update Nov 2 for College, Euro, Jrs

• Danton Heinen...... ... Denver...........CCHA 6 3+3=6 +4 4
  • Ryan Fitzgerald......... BC ............... HEAST 6 5+1=6 0 8
  • Anders Bjork............. Notre Dame.... HEAST 8 1+3=4 +1 4
  • Matt Grzelcyk............ BU............... HEAST 5 0+2=2 +6 2
  • Wiley Sherman ..........Harvard......... HECAC 1 0 -2 0
  • Rob O’Gara............... Yale............. HECAC 1 0 0 0
  • Matt Benning............. Northeastern.. ECAC 5 0 -4 6
  • Colt Hargrove............ W Michigan.... CCHA 5 1+1=2 -1 19
  • Zane McIntyre.......... North Dakota.. CCHA 7 .931 1.92
  • Linus Arnesson.......... DIF............... SHL 12 0+3=3 -2 2
  • Alex Fällstrom........... DIF............... SHL 5 2+2=4 +4 4
  • Anton Blidh............... Frolunda........ SHL.... 18 0+0=0 -5 4
  • Emil Johansson.......... HV71............. SHL 18 0+1=1 -6 10
  • Peter Cehlarik........... LuleÃ¥............. SHL.... 18 2+7=9 +1 2
  • Mitch Dempsey......... Saint John..... QMJHL 15 5+6=11 -2 12
  • Ryan Donato........... South Shore.... USPHL 10 4+4= 8 0 2

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002

Sorry for the terrible upload on prospects stats in College, Europe and Jrs. The numbers if you can read them are as of Nov 2, 2014.
Hope you may excuse me for my bad here

GP G A PTS P/M PIM Danton Heinen DENVER CCHA 6 3 3 6 4 4 Ryan Fitzgerald BC HEAST 6 5 1 6 8 0 Anders Bjork NOTRE DAME HEAST 8 1 3 4 1 4 Matt Grzelcyk BU HEAST 5 0 2 2 6 2 Wiley Sherman HARVARD HECAC 1 0 0 0 -2 0 Rob O'Gara YALE HECAC 1 0 0 0 0 0 Matt Benning NORTHEASTERN HEAST 5 0 0 0 -4 6 Colt Hargrove WESTERN MICHIGAN CCHA 5 1 1 2 -1 19 Linus Arneson DIF SHL 12 0 3 3 -2 2 Alex Fällström DIF SHL 5 2 2 4 4 4 Anton Blidh FROLUNDA SHL 18 0 0 0 -5 4 Emil Johansson HV71 SHL 18 0 1 1 -6 10 Peter Cehlarik LULEÅ SHL 18 2 7 9 1 2 Mitch Dempsey SAINT JOHN QMJHL 15 5 6 11 -2 12 Ryan Donato SOUTH SHORE USPHL 10 4 4 8 0 2

GP W L SL GAA SP Zane McIntyre NORTH DAKOTA CCHA 7 5 1 1 1.92 0.931[/QUOTE]

member 96824

Really didn't like the Donato pick and the early returns are not changing my mind any.

Have you seen him play?

I haven't...but the scouting reports seem to be glowing on the kid by people who have.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Really didn't like the Donato pick and the early returns are not changing my mind any.

I liked the pick originally but have since soured(not a fan of him playing for Dad) didn't someone say here or elsewhere that he was doing well with the U-18 USNDT?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Have you seen him play?

I haven't...but the scouting reports seem to be glowing on the kid by people who have.

I think Colt is just pissed that the B's didn't get Hunter Smith (CGY at 54) and will forever hold it against Donato :laugh:

Smith, btw, off to a good start: 14 games, 10g/6a.

I notice that a lot of bigger guys (usually not as big as Smith) tend to dominate in juniors and then it doesn't pan out in the NHL because of the speed and greater size (I would guess).

I liked the pick originally but have since soured(not a fan of him playing for Dad) didn't someone say here or elsewhere that he was doing well with the U-18 USNDT?

I am not going to write a kid off just because his Dad will be coaching him. There are fathers that can do it successfully, and some that cannot. If Donato (Ted) doesn't improve that team, you may not have to worry about it? In 10 years at Harvard he has only 4 winning seasons and has lost pretty badly in 5 out of the last 6 years. Who knows if he will even be coaching next year when Ryan is a freshman?

FYI: Donato has 0 pts in 4 games for the USNTDP, but does have a decent stat line for the South Shore Kings (USPHL), 6 games, 4g/3a.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I'm always skeptical about the "bloodline" picks. Always feels like they're overvalued based on lineage rather than skillset.

I know Kirk was a big fan of the Donato pick so I'd certainly defer to those who've seen these kids a fair bit, but always just feels like you're "overpaying" for a name brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad